NE1 with a POGO DRIVE?

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2008, 06:53 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default NE1 with a POGO DRIVE?

how do you find it?

still get teh email about the £100 off if I trade up the B2 to the drive or alert.
But can't see what advantage it would give over me keeping with the origin b2 and buying a £150 sat nav in the sales that might be half price (at Halfords)
Old 21 December 2008, 05:16 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

btt

been looking at Satnavs for about the £150 price today, these still need a yearly £30 upgrade.
Me thinks that the PoGo drive is better value at £145 (with the B2 trade up offer) than buying a sat nav and keeping the B2.

A navman or garmin uprgade cost is £30 + a B2 yearly upgrade is £50
total = £80

A PoGo Drive is then only £50 a year.

also I think my B2 is acting up and this week and last nightthe screen went blank then when it came on the display wasn't like 'normal'

anyone else has this.. mine is 4.5 years old now.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:00 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I moved over to a snooper syrius from my b2 and tom tom ...

hated it ... always going for a full satnav even if I wanted just to have the alerts for specs

So I went back to a pogo alert (Think Origin have got it right) and a seperate satnav .. (audi's own). I think seperate is the way to go, so much easier to put the small box up when needed and then call up satnav at other times.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:26 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

nice to see you still about Dave,

thing is I don't want to be paying twice for the subscriptions.

Pogo drive as just one to pay... £50 a year.
Old 21 December 2008, 11:11 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I have been wondering the same as i have the B2 and Navman S90 so cant see the advatage of upgrading instead of yearly subs of £50.

Have been thinking of swapping to the other side who are now offering a system with real time updates for Mobile Vans which are more of a threat as they now use unmarked vans or hide in the bushes.
Old 21 December 2008, 11:14 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DemonDave
I moved over to a snooper syrius from my b2 and tom tom ...

hated it ... always going for a full satnav even if I wanted just to have the alerts for specs

So I went back to a pogo alert (Think Origin have got it right) and a seperate satnav .. (audi's own). I think seperate is the way to go, so much easier to put the small box up when needed and then call up satnav at other times.
I've had my B2 for 3.5 years. Haven't bothered with the subscription this time as we changed to a new computer with no COM port and Pogo just said go to Maplins and buy a Com-USB adapter lead. (Great customer relations ) Which I did but it won't update!

Considered the trade in deal for the PogoDrive, but they want all the wiring kit back or they charge you £100 for it in its absence. Given that I hardwired mine and modified/weatherproofed the Laser head attachment so I could put it behind the grille I'm not able to take advantage. Also I got a amplified GPS antenna to try and help the "other" problems. Saying that I would get a complete Drive for £200 if its "for a friend"

I always thought it was a good thing WHEN it worked. It used to take ages to get Sat lock. Last year, I drove all the way from my house in south London to Castle Coombe and back and it didn't get lock once. Despite taking it off the cradle periodically to reset it.

Is the Drive any better or riddled with faults? On another note any pics of it in the car. The website doesnt show the cradle (how big?) or how it goes on or off.
Old 21 December 2008, 11:55 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

The small pogo alert is excellent, far better than the origin B2. I got it last time they did this trade in deal and just returned the unit, no car kits, no cradle. An upgrade in all respects. smaller, colour screen, much faster and reliable satellite lock, the specs camera page even shows you your average speed between cameras, the update is quicker, as reliable and USB based. Can't recommend it enough.

I've got one of them for speed cameras and a standalone garmin sat nav for, well for navigating. Best of both worlds.

Last edited by Chelspeed; 21 December 2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 21 December 2008, 11:59 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Phil, the drive is rubbish. Very slow to find satellites, has an auto screen brightness feature that doesn't seem to relate to anything in particular, postcode routing is patchy. Maybe I've just got too used to tomtom as the pogodrive isn't a patch on it. the biggest ommission is any sort of traffic info.
Old 22 December 2008, 09:04 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

hi simon, i'm looking to get one for Joanne, as she's now doing quite a bit of driving about for the NHS (work) so not really wanting two units on the dash, swapping from car tro car also would be easier with one unit.
I've been pleased with the B2, sometimes it takes a while to sat lock, but find that when i get in the car and drive straight off. As said before, not wanting to pay twice for subs, B2 still seems very very good for speed camera info.
Is it better than the SatrNavs that have camera detection on them?
Old 25 December 2008, 02:42 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
The small pogo alert is excellent, far better than the origin B2. I got it last time they did this trade in deal and just returned the unit, no car kits, no cradle. An upgrade in all respects. smaller, colour screen, much faster and reliable satellite lock, the specs camera page even shows you your average speed between cameras, the update is quicker, as reliable and USB based. Can't recommend it enough.

I've got one of them for speed cameras and a standalone garmin sat nav for, well for navigating. Best of both worlds.
Thanks for that. Any chance of a pic or 2 of the unit installed. And how it goes on or off the cradle.

The only other thing is WHY is the Drive (Sat Nav) the same price as the Alert (Cameras) Pogo have done something very stupid there.
Old 25 December 2008, 04:18 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> And how it goes on or off the cradle.

Simple catch on the front and it slides forward off the cradle. Only complication is if you want it under the dash out of sight. That means a remote aerial which needs to plug into the side of the unit.

Will think about photies in a couple of days.
Old 25 December 2008, 05:22 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by rr_ww
Thanks for that. Any chance of a pic or 2 of the unit installed. And how it goes on or off the cradle.

The only other thing is WHY is the Drive (Sat Nav) the same price as the Alert (Cameras) Pogo have done something very stupid there.
It didn't used to be, did it?
Old 25 December 2008, 05:34 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Chelspeed. Thanks, no rush on the photos.

Salsa. Don't know, but Pogogps.com has them both at £249.95. Which is thick! ISTR my B2 cost £429.99 though. So I guess it's at least cheaper.
Old 26 December 2008, 09:49 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

thing is theres some good £100 st navs on offer today at halfords that last week were more money....

are any of these a good buy.....? ....

Becker Z101 Europe Sat Nav from Halfords Price £99.99 Better than 1/2 price

Navman S80 Deluxe Europe Sat Nav from Halfords Was £279.99 Save £160.00 Price £119.99 Better than 1/2 price

Garmin Nuvi 250 Wide Sat Nav System from Halfords Was £139.99 Save £22.53 Price £117.46
Old 26 December 2008, 05:55 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by salsa-king
nice to see you still about Dave,
Just lurking nowadays -- too many plonkers on here

Did you get one today ?
Old 26 December 2008, 10:47 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

wasn't sure whats best.

still temped with the 'pogodrive' at £150

but thee seems good for the money
Garmin Nuvi 250 Wide Sat Nav System from Halfords Was £139.99 Save £22.53 Price £117.46

just the older model of the 255

Last edited by salsa-king; 26 December 2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 27 December 2008, 05:57 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

got this one today..
Garmin Nuvi 205 Wide UK/Ireland Sat Nav from Halfords Was £149.99 Save £40.00 Price £109.99

pid £107.68 in store.