Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

mass brawl and stabbing at the Urban Music awards.

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2008, 07:37 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mass brawl and stabbing at the Urban Music awards.

Three stabbed at London Urban Music Awards in 02 Arena | UK news | guardian.co.uk
A music awards show in London erupted into chaos last night after a triple stabbing saw one guest seriously injured and two other hurt.
Police sealed off the 6th Annual Urban Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London, keeping 300 people inside the venue until the early hours of this morning, after the violence broke out. One man was arrested.
The event, which featured nominations for performers including Leona Lewis, Estelle, Adele, Dizzee Rascal and Duffy, was abandoned after 90 minutes.
One eyewitnesses spoke of "blood all over the floor" after a huge brawl involving up to 30 people broke out at around 10pm, sending champagne bottles and chairs flying. Another guest spoke of guns being seen inside the venue.
Andre Nevling, 24, said a woman sitting at his table ended up drenched in blood.
"Obviously the guy who got stabbed must have run straight past her and she's pretty shaken up," he said.
"I came out of the auditorium and looked at her and she was just standing there. I saw blood all over the floor and then I was like, 'Jesus you're covered in it'," he said.
Another eyewitness, who asked to remain anonymous, said: "I didn't see what happened but there were champagne bottles flying and I hid under the table."
Ambulance staff said three people were treated at the scene and then taken to London hospitals. None of the injuries was believed to be life threatening.
It was not yet known whether any of the nominees were at the ceremony. An advertisement on the World Music Awards website from two weeks ago claimed that those scheduled to attend would include Amy Winehouse, Craig David, Mica Paris, Sienna Miller, Dwaine Chambers and Ian Wright. Tickets were available for general sale.
After the brawl police cordoned off an area inside the auditorium, a 2,350 capacity venue within the O2 Arena, formerly known as the Dome, in Greenwich, south London.
Around 300 guests were kept inside the building and only allowed out one at a time after they were questioned.
Some of those attending complained that security measures had been insufficiently tight. Natalie Williams, 32, said: "There was no security, nothing. Before anything even happened I commented to my boyfriend, because we live nearby and come here a lot, and we usually get screened coming into the building. Tonight there was nothing."
Another guest, Emma Fairclough, said there were reports of guns being spotted at the event. She said: "I have spoken to two people who said they have seen guns in the arena this evening."

Couldnt have happened at a more appropriate event
seriously, who beings a knife and a gun to an awards ceremony
astraboy.
Old 16 November 2008, 07:45 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

If this is the same venue last night 3 stabbed no guns though >A 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident
Old 16 November 2008, 07:49 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by astraboy
who beings a knife and a gun to an awards ceremony
astraboy.
Complete idiots do, that's who. Craziness indeed
Old 16 November 2008, 08:05 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Urban music awards, stabbing, now theres a turn up, somebody must have been "Disrespected".
Old 16 November 2008, 09:54 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not the first time it seems:

In 2004, a woman was shot outside the Urban Music Awards when it was held at the Barbican Centre in the City of London

BBC NEWS | England | London | Man stabbed at music awards show
Old 16 November 2008, 10:18 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How "gangsta" Unfortunately while these artists sing about raping women and shooting /stabbing people it will continue.
Old 17 November 2008, 11:28 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I reckon you have got a risky occupation Astraboy!

Les
Old 17 November 2008, 12:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
How "gangsta" Unfortunately while these artists sing about raping women and shooting /stabbing people it will continue.
Bang on, I cant imagine anyone outside the hip hop fraternity getting away with that kind of thing, plus its all so hacknyed and formulaic, yet people lap it up, occasionally there is a good tune but usually thats the 70's, 80's 90's sample they have used to drivel over.
Old 17 November 2008, 01:22 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I saw blood all over the floor and then I was like, 'Jesus you're covered in it'," he said.
So er like is er this like how you guys in Britain speak now then like??
Old 17 November 2008, 01:38 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Wurzel
So er like is er this like how you guys in Britain speak now then like??

Fo sho You direspctin ma dog? I'll like bust o cap in ur *** POW POW POW!!! U LIKE DAT HONKEY
Old 17 November 2008, 02:03 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I reckon you have got a risky occupation Astraboy!

Les
Let me assure you old chap, It'll be a cold day in hell before you find me going to anything advertising itself as 'urban'!
These people sum up everything thats wrong with the present state of the country, but having said that, if i'd have known this event was happening i would have turned up, to lock everyone inside and set the place on fire!
Astraboy.
Old 17 November 2008, 02:10 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Let me assure you old chap, It'll be a cold day in hell before you find me going to anything advertising itself as 'urban'!
These people sum up everything thats wrong with the present state of the country, but having said that, if i'd have known this event was happening i would have turned up, to lock everyone inside and set the place on fire!
Astraboy.
Would you like to borrow some matches and parafin?
Old 17 November 2008, 03:59 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

At any D&B bassline or garage event, we have VERY strict security, full airport grade metal detectors and pat downs.
Having witnessed a shooting, had a knife pulled on me personally at a bassline event (for turning the MC's mic down ) and witnessed other stabbings and HUGE fights, it is unfortunately a big part of the scene.

Also more often than not, we have to shut a few hours early because of a kick off, or gangs inside. Ridiculous really.

Ps- hate the music, but as a sound engineer in clubs, it comes with the territory unfortunately

Last edited by Freak; 17 November 2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 17 November 2008, 05:08 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
had a knife pulled on me personally at a bassline event (for turning the MC's mic down )
No way, seriously? Was he actually the mc or one of his mates? Thats just terrible, care to name names?
Next time you're at a dnb event you could test a theory of mine. Kill the sound without warning. All of it, the music and the mc. Let me know if you can hear all the wannabe mcs out in the crowd mcing to themselves
Astraboy.
Old 17 November 2008, 05:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

No way, seriously? Was he actually the mc or one of his mates? Thats just terrible, care to name names?
Next time you're at a dnb event you could test a theory of mine. Kill the sound without warning. All of it, the music and the mc. Let me know if you can hear all the wannabe mcs out in the crowd mcing to themselves
Astraboy.
Make sure your wearing a stab vest first
Old 17 November 2008, 05:44 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I suppose its expected really as a lot of the artists do prefix their names with things like "Killa" or "Lethal", perhaps it isnt just a load of agressive bravado ?

"Urban" culture does seem to include a lot of shootings and stabbings generally judging by the news.

What you need is a bit of Classic Rock, most of the lyrics are total nonesense so wont promote violence, listen to Stairway to Heaven, Comfortably Numb or even The Ace of Spades and at no point do they make much sense, nothing about killing anyone, just plain old fashioned self indulgent bollocks.
Old 17 November 2008, 05:47 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Make sure your wearing a stab vest first
The first time I put on a stab vest, I felt double-well 'ard.

I dare say the feeling won't last
Old 17 November 2008, 06:02 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Just let them crack on with it.
Old 17 November 2008, 06:13 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

To quote Chris Rock.

When ever black people want to go and have a good time....ni**ers go and fukc it up.
Old 17 November 2008, 06:27 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
At any D&B bassline or garage event, we have VERY strict security, full airport grade metal detectors and pat downs.
Having witnessed a shooting, had a knife pulled on me personally at a bassline event (for turning the MC's mic down ) and witnessed other stabbings and HUGE fights, it is unfortunately a big part of the scene.

Also more often than not, we have to shut a few hours early because of a kick off, or gangs inside. Ridiculous really.

Ps- hate the music, but as a sound engineer in clubs, it comes with the territory unfortunately
Doubt you would get this at a house/trance night somehow. Prolly just people throwing up everywhere off their **** on pills and coke