Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who do you have to kneecap at Sky to get some service?

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2008, 10:13 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who do you have to kneecap at Sky to get some service?

Had Sky HD installed on Saturday morning. Box officially declared dead at 21:15 tonight (just a clunk and it switches off, now won't power up at all).

Cheeky ******* originally gave me an engineer time of next Sunday. They then offered me Tuesday and after shouting at some poor Indian bloke, they're supposedly calling me tomorrow to let me know when an engineer is coming with a brand new box (I specifically told them NO reconditioned units).

£10 says they don't call me in the morning and I end up having to shout at another poor Indian tomorrow.

Old 02 November 2008, 10:50 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

ask for a pace box not a thomson they have less problems (faulty PSU)
Old 02 November 2008, 11:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
ask for a pace box not a thomson they have less problems (faulty PSU)
Aye, the Thomson boxes are prone to crashing. Glad I'm not on Sky anymore and with someone else, the customer service is shocking, again.

Although I usually ended up with a Scottish person not an Indian...
Old 02 November 2008, 11:35 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

although the thompson box is the only sky hd box with component connections.
Old 03 November 2008, 08:27 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Frustrating isnt it
Old 03 November 2008, 08:31 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

I only have Sky because we can't get cable where i am! But cable tv will come out the same day if you have a problem! Sky takes a week to come out! Once they have you on the hook they will treat you like cr@p!
Old 03 November 2008, 12:59 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

No phone call from Sky yet...
Old 03 November 2008, 01:16 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Just contact the cancellation department and say that as the service is not fit for the purpose, you wish to cancel your agreement with them. Then see what happens.
Old 03 November 2008, 01:26 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

I don't bother with the Indian Call Centres, if they pick up I hang up and redial until I hear a british accent, preferably scottish as they are the only people at Sky who seem to have a clue. I think if you call in the morning you have more chance of getting the uk call centre, but I could be wrong.
Old 03 November 2008, 04:46 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by miff13
I don't bother with the Indian Call Centres, if they pick up I hang up and redial until I hear a british accent, preferably scottish as they are the only people at Sky who seem to have a clue. I think if you call in the morning you have more chance of getting the uk call centre, but I could be wrong.
Thats exactly what the scottish dude said to me. Rang up about 8-9am when I cancelled Sky. Said it was pleasent to be able to have a conversation in English and that wsn't pre-scripted on a computer screen a la "fone jacker". He said it's all to do with the time zones, as India is several hours behind. So you ring up at say 9am, and it's still 3-4am in India, so less chance of "John the Indian" answering and proceeding to ask the same questions 9 times.

In my experience anyways.

I have no fookin idea what I was on about re. India being behind, they're ahead Unless it's after certain times in the afternoon.

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 03 November 2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03 November 2008, 05:01 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Had Sky HD installed on Saturday morning. Box officially declared dead at 21:15 tonight (just a clunk and it switches off, now won't power up at all).

Cheeky ******* originally gave me an engineer time of next Sunday. They then offered me Tuesday and after shouting at some poor Indian bloke, they're supposedly calling me tomorrow to let me know when an engineer is coming with a brand new box (I specifically told them NO reconditioned units).

£10 says they don't call me in the morning and I end up having to shout at another poor Indian tomorrow.

If you call during day time you'll get a Scottish person to shout at
Call evening time, and yes - it'll be an Indian
Old 03 November 2008, 05:09 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best customer service in the world.... INDIAN!
Old 03 November 2008, 05:31 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

if that link doesn't work then

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

windyboy
Old 03 November 2008, 05:45 PM
alba15031
Scooby Regular

It took my missus 2 hours and 4 phone calls just to change her name on the bill.
Old 03 November 2008, 06:30 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

If you read AV Forums then there's plenty of posts about the new Pace and Samsung boxes frequently going wrong.

My new box is also faulty, but watchable, I just can't use any of the phone services or do the housekeeping function.

Never had a problem with the Scottish call team, but the foreign call centre is a joke.

lol @ phonejacker comment
Old 03 November 2008, 07:23 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

I've always got a Haggis muncher when I've called during the day. The only annoying thing is that even when you tell them you've gone through the remove card switch of shuffle they INSIST on talking you through it again. I used to use satellite datacomms and TV kit as part of a previous job, so I know what to do with an F type connector, and I'm a techie so if I end up having to call them for help, then chances are I've tried all the basic fixes. It's always much quicker once they put you through to 2nd level support and you can start talking geek
Old 03 November 2008, 07:36 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Location: in a place where there lots of rocks to chuck at feejits

Strange.. I ordered my HD last weds evening (spoke to a friendly Scots lass) all fitted this afternoon by a very polite, friendly engineer, that didnt leave a mess.. took his dirty boots off when entering the house, even took the empty carton out to his van to dispose of properly. made sure all of the channels were back on, none of this "It'll be anything up to four hours" nonsense niether.

To say I was impressed by the service would be an understatement
Old 03 November 2008, 07:59 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Gleebits
Strange.. I ordered my HD last weds evening (spoke to a friendly Scots lass) all fitted this afternoon by a very polite, friendly engineer, that didnt leave a mess.. took his dirty boots off when entering the house, even took the empty carton out to his van to dispose of properly. made sure all of the channels were back on, none of this "It'll be anything up to four hours" nonsense niether.

To say I was impressed by the service would be an understatement
If you'd asked me on the evening of my install, I'd have said the same thing but it takes the **** when the box dies completely after 34 hours and unless I'm prepared to take a half day off work, they "can't" replace the box until Sunday. So far, they've offered £30 compensation but won't do the one thing that will actually make me happy which is to send an engineer with a new box to my house at either 8am or 6pm tomorrow.
Old 03 November 2008, 09:31 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Location: in a place where there lots of rocks to chuck at feejits

Rev. 'some' engineers wil hit their 1st job of the day at 8.00am.. trouble is, theres a shortage of HD boxes at present , due to the uptake... so every eng is having to hit a 'depot' 1st thing, therefore starting their *proper work* later.. most eng's will be leaving their last job at about 4.30 (as most do not have a lunchbreak) so unfortunately, you have two hopes, and Bobs dead
Old 03 November 2008, 09:57 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

does the box work now? if it does go in to the menu an turn off the auto turn off function, that what was up with mine when it was doing what yours is. they did change it for a new one in the end though
Old 03 November 2008, 10:11 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
does the box work now? if it does go in to the menu an turn off the auto turn off function, that what was up with mine when it was doing what yours is. they did change it for a new one in the end though
Nope, switches on, complains of no sat signal (Sky+ box upstairs is fine) then shuts down after a minute or so with a big clunk after which it won't do anything unless I unplug it and start again.
Old 03 November 2008, 10:12 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Gleebits
Rev. 'some' engineers wil hit their 1st job of the day at 8.00am.. trouble is, theres a shortage of HD boxes at present , due to the uptake... so every eng is having to hit a 'depot' 1st thing, therefore starting their *proper work* later.. most eng's will be leaving their last job at about 4.30 (as most do not have a lunchbreak) so unfortunately, you have two hopes, and Bobs dead
I don't blame the installers, just Sky for allowing one of their suppliers to manufacture sub-standard rubbish and not doing anything about it
Old 03 November 2008, 10:30 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Nope, switches on, complains of no sat signal (Sky+ box upstairs is fine) then shuts down after a minute or so with a big clunk after which it won't do anything unless I unplug it and start again.
you'll have the known psu failure, I'm lucky when mine goes faulty I just take one off my van perks of been a aerial & sat engineer!
Old 04 November 2008, 01:18 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Ring 020-7705 3000, ask for Customer Relations. Takes you through to Scotland only.

I refuse to deal with the Indian Call Centre, although the Scots lasses need chasing up too, but get a name and call back and persist. You will find yourself having much less chance of wanting to kill somone.

I shudder when I think about what I had to go through. They credited me about £300 in the end though

Asif