Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Greenpeace protest at Kingsnorth powerstation

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2008, 08:18 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Greenpeace protest at Kingsnorth powerstation

I have had sympathy with this lot,but i dont understand now ..
Do they advocate nuclear as an alternative to coal fired or do they really believe that we should survive on renewable in the near future ?
Old 29 October 2008, 08:45 PM
StuartPiper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understood WHAT they were protesting about, but didn't agree with their attitude or tactics. We live local to the power station and they were making all sorts of threats to disrupt our lives and bring misery to the area to get thir point across. It was at that point I took the attitude of "stand in my way of getting to work and you will find exactly how hot a Scoobie exhaust system really is" lol
Old 29 October 2008, 09:01 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Goddamned tree-hugging hippies!
They won't be happy until we're all living in tents made of hemp, eating lentils Boom shanka
Old 29 October 2008, 09:07 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Greenpish should go hang themselves and stop polluting my ears with their bollocks
Old 29 October 2008, 09:07 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
I have had sympathy with this lot,but i dont understand now ..
Do they advocate nuclear as an alternative to coal fired or do they really believe that we should survive on renewable in the near future ?
Although I can't stand Greenpiece (Bunch of Mentalist let loose) I also do understand that we can create all the Electricity we (Britain) need through renewable energy. Or more specifically, wave energy.

Just as shown on James may's recent series. We are an Island surrounded 360 degrees with water. The one certenty in life, is that while the moon is circuling the Earth, we will always have a tied.

We could produce all the Electricity the UK needs with enough cash investment from the Government, but they don't want to know. The only "Renewable" energy they invest in in Wind power. Cost a fortune to install, and if there is now wind they don't work, and if the wind is too strong they have to turn them off. WTF?

If the Government invested even half the money they waste on useless sh*te then the UK population could enjoy cheap energy all year round.
Old 29 October 2008, 09:10 PM
StuartPiper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Although I can't stand Greenpiece (Bunch of Mentalist let loose) I also do understand that we can create all the Electricity we (Britain) need through renewable energy. Or more specifically, wave energy.

Just as shown on James may's recent series. We are an Island surrounded 360 degrees with water. The one certenty in life, is that while the moon is circuling the Earth, we will always have a tied.

We could produce all the Electricity the UK needs with enough cash investment from the Government, but they don't want to know. The only "Renewable" energy they invest in in Wind power. Cost a fortune to install, and if there is now wind they don't work, and if the wind is too strong they have to turn them off. WTF?

If the Government invested even half the money they waste on useless sh*te then the UK population could enjoy cheap energy all year round.
well said, lets face it the North Sea oil rigs were intended to stop us having to rely on the middle east and that wee would have "cheap" fuel for the future! erm..........................................hello oooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 29 October 2008, 09:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i think i can see theyre point now

- we're reliant on edf ( nuclear) as long as we dont , individually, have a 30 foot turbine strapped to the end wall