Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Barclayard - what a shower of sh*ts

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2008, 09:24 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barclayard - what a shower of sh*ts

Got a call this morning from their South African Call centre.

Forgot to send them a cheque last month.

The chap asks if we would like to pay the outstanding using another credit card FFS!

I find it hard to believe that a responsible company, one that cares for its customers would suggest paying one card with another - it beggars belief. I asked for them to put this in writing and they declined.

I will nip in and pay it this morning over the counter. However, if we where in a bad state and potless (not far off anyway) and this guy was really pressuring for a payment there and then then some might just do that componding their woes.

Nice one Barclaycard!

Last edited by The Zohan; 18 October 2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 18 October 2008, 09:26 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I didn't think that was allowed? As you would just spend your life paying one off with the other with no interest? Unless it is classes as a cash advance?

Steve
Old 18 October 2008, 09:29 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Smells of a scam to me.
Old 18 October 2008, 09:30 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Politely tell them to fu ck off.
Old 18 October 2008, 09:31 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

Thats a scam i reckon.

By sheer coincedence, i was late with a Barclaycard payment this month. No phone call, just the £12 penalty on the bill that arrived this morning.
Old 18 October 2008, 09:32 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Why not? HMRC regularly ask or use standover tactics to get people to pay tax debts by credit card or bank loans. If the government can do it.
Old 18 October 2008, 09:38 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

I find it hard to believe that a responsible company, one that cares for its customers............

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Old 18 October 2008, 10:12 AM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock
Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease
I cut up all my credit cards 6 years ago Don't miss them or their dodgy tactics one bit
Old 18 October 2008, 10:21 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coolangatta
I cut up all my credit cards 6 years ago Don't miss them or their dodgy tactics one bit
I owed 10k on mine managed to pay it off and am now in the black until I get a mortgage that is...
Old 18 October 2008, 10:33 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Lloyds TSB and Halifax did the same thing to me for two or three months, when I first started missing payments. They asked if I had friends or family who could pay the debt. When asnwered no politely I was offered further credit - like cards, overdrafts all sorts. I said I'd be doing myself no good getting more credit to cover arrears and then not being able to pay that either.

Weird how these people work - certainly dumfounded me, especially considering the current economic climate.
Old 18 October 2008, 11:17 AM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I owed 10k on mine managed to pay it off and am now in the black until I get a mortgage that is...
I have no debt at all
When I cancelled my credit cards, Barclaycard were the only company to try to 'persuade' me, at length, to keep their card. They 'threatened' that my credit rating would 'suffer' without their card. I'm not sure about my credit rating, and don't give a ****, but my savings have seen the benefit.
Old 18 October 2008, 04:41 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

I feel your pain with Barclaycard, do what i did and be a total **** with them and send this..

Barclaycard
Customer Relations Department
1234 Pavilion Drive
Northampton
NN4 7SG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number: 4929xxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
If they can not supply a fully executed agreement then the debt becomes unenforceable, even in a court of law. You than then not pay them a dime ever again if you want (it will stay on your credit file though) or do what i did and offer them 40% of the balance to be paid in full and final settlement.

Old 18 October 2008, 05:29 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
Barclaycard are scum anyway. Some of the dodgiest, most fraudulant people i know did or do work in the BCard fraud protection team No-one i know in Northampton where they are based who has worked at or knows anyone who has would ever have a BCard.
Not to mention naffing up their banking settlement file on a regular basis or duplicating payments.
Old 18 October 2008, 07:45 PM
ChrisB

BC don't have much of a clue IMHO.

They took on Goldfish's card business recently, which included my Morgan Stanley card.

Had plenty of stuff from them (including a new card) which all said to swap over on the 22nd September. For the week after that, their online account management was either not working at all or not able to keep up with demand. Great planning. Not.