Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Havana pls?

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2008, 11:52 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone recommend a hotel in Havana pls?

Missus has done another internet bargain blinder and got us to Cuba for new year for a song . Can anyone who's been recommend a hotel in Old Havana? Anything over $100 a night will be painful for me, but if its worth it... Thx
Old 07 October 2008, 09:09 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

i'll see if i can find the info for where we stayed 4yrs ago. our wedding was on new years eve and we went to havanna, then varadero. it was a "5" star (not european standard 5 star, but still very nice) opposite a small garden/park/square within a 2min walk of the bar what-his-face used to frequent all the time....

leave it with me - the above won't help you just yet!
Old 07 October 2008, 09:12 AM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We stayed in this one for 11 days: cuba hotel bookings .com - Hotel San Miguel ****, Old Havana, Havana, Cuba

Also booked through that website. Its a very small hotel - rooms are a good size, staff are very friendly and your only 5mins walk from the commercial tourist area.
Old 07 October 2008, 09:22 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Hotel NH Parque Central Havana, Cuba

my pic isn't as good as theirs!
PICT0026.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ernest hemingway was the author i was trying to think of. can't remember the name of the bar, but walk out the front door of the parque central, cross the road and walk round the square (park) to the left hand side, then cross the road into a formal paved square. walk across the square diagonally at "2 o'clock", cross the road at the crossing at you're at the front door of the bar.
Old 07 October 2008, 09:32 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richardg
i'll see if i can find the info for where we stayed 4yrs ago. our wedding was on new years eve and we went to havanna, then varadero. it was a "5" star (not european standard 5 star, but still very nice) opposite a small garden/park/square within a 2min walk of the bar what-his-face used to frequent all the time....

leave it with me - the above won't help you just yet!
I've been there (that bar) La Floridita - Ernest Hemmingway. Bloody bear killer and cocktail sipper. That's the one! Cheers.
Old 07 October 2008, 09:34 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by timmy2take
We stayed in this one for 11 days: cuba hotel bookings .com - Hotel San Miguel ****, Old Havana, Havana, Cuba

Also booked through that website. Its a very small hotel - rooms are a good size, staff are very friendly and your only 5mins walk from the commercial tourist area.

Thanks mate. We stayed there 4 years ago and I couldnt for the life of me remember ther name. It was great - MASSIVE high ceilings so v cool.

Sometimes I love SN!!!

D
Old 07 October 2008, 02:39 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Thanks mate. We stayed there 4 years ago and I couldnt for the life of me remember ther name. It was great - MASSIVE high ceilings so v cool.

Sometimes I love SN!!!

D
Its nice isn't it. Trying to think of some of the staff names, think Ricardo was the porter, Lowra was the receptionist. There were a few others, all very friendly. We took a bloke who was partially sited over there and they were great with him.

Did you manage to go to the restaurant over the other side of the port area? It was directly in front of the hotel, you had to travel under the bridge, another illegal one of these restaurants in someone elses house! This was a relly nice one though outside in there garden.
Old 07 October 2008, 03:02 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by timmy2take
Its nice isn't it. Trying to think of some of the staff names, think Ricardo was the porter, Lowra was the receptionist. There were a few others, all very friendly. We took a bloke who was partially sited over there and they were great with him.

Did you manage to go to the restaurant over the other side of the port area? It was directly in front of the hotel, you had to travel under the bridge, another illegal one of these restaurants in someone elses house! This was a relly nice one though outside in there garden.
Arghh they want £287 for 2 nights!!!
Old 07 October 2008, 07:38 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Arghh they want £287 for 2 nights!!!
I bet if you rang them they'd have a deal with you.
Old 07 October 2008, 10:04 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Ambos mundos 4* two weeks £500 each then you need the flights

why not try russia nice and cold this time of year