Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

top gear vs 5th gear!

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2008, 07:00 PM
redsuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top gear vs 5th gear!

ive just watched episode 4 of 5thgear on demand 5 and it inspired me rant and bash on 5th gear for the following reasons
please add to list

1.the presenters try too hard to be like jeremey clarkson
2.the fact that vicki butler henderson is probably a better driver than me
3.most featured cars are not reviewed thoroughly enough
4.the other two dudes who present are well to hairy
5. tiff is a exellent driver but a rubbish presenter
6.it is not top gear
7.even though i hate it and rate it badly i have to watch it and get annoyed
at the show like i am now

probably could go on and on all day but il give anybody else a chance to rant on abt how crap it is...
Old 18 September 2008, 07:03 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You must be bored.....
Old 18 September 2008, 07:04 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Completely agree. They try too hard to be like Top Gear which is a far, far superior show.
Old 18 September 2008, 07:55 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

And have you noticed how the set is even like Top Gear now, with the sofas and coffee table.
Old 18 September 2008, 08:01 PM
yoza
BANNED

Tiff has a good eye for a nice Breitling.

Clarkson wears what he is given, and doesnt set his rotating bezel to 12 bells.......neandathal.

I like TopGear though, it is entertaining and has not much to do with motoring.

The Stig scenes bore me though.
Old 18 September 2008, 08:03 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

It the try hard nature that really annoys me. Like the race between the man with the fan and whatever car it was they were reviewing at the time. It was simply a complete rip of Top Gear style fannying around and completely obvious with it as well.
Old 19 September 2008, 12:38 AM
redsuk
Scooby Regular

exactly wot i thought! complete rip off.
its like a cheap chinese replica of top gear
Old 19 September 2008, 07:03 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Who really gives a t0ss! Take it for what it is, its deals more with every day cars where as top gear deals with mainly, for the majority at least, unobtainable fanasty cars. Baring in mind that there aren't many car programs on TV, topgear and 5th gear are both entertaining., the rest eg, pimp my ride, vroom vroom, etc are sh1te.

There are gonna be simarities, they're both car programmes if you hadn't noticed!!! 5th gear has improved alot and the whole premise of the programme is to test and review cars and car related items. Its not like they host their programme in a big warehouse with an audiance, or have a cool wall, or have a tamed racing driver, or have implausable races across the continent, guests racing around in reasonably priced car. In fact 5th gear tests more cars per episode than top gear and veiw 5th gear and topgear as equal.
Old 19 September 2008, 07:08 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I'm happy to see any motoring programme, there really arent many so I enjoy them all. I do agree fifth gear could be a little better though. Not too sure about the hairy clones!
Old 19 September 2008, 08:01 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

It would be better if they sacked that Tom, he is a complete try-hard W@NKER!
Old 19 September 2008, 08:25 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Tom and Phil are complete and utter *****.

Vicki Butler Henderson squeal like a , well, a girl, at every opportunity.

Tiff and Jason are actually ok, and Jason is one hell of a driver.

It used ot be that Fifth Gear was purely a straightforward motoring show, but they have started to get a touch of the Top Gears, like testing the Scrirocco on the Beach against a paragliding chap the other week..

I mean I watch it, 'cos its cars, like. But Tom and Phil almost ruin it by being huge *****.

That said, if the Top Gear do the "Crash into the back of each other/open a car door on each other" gag just once more, I am going to drive to Dunsfold and stamp on their heads.
Old 19 September 2008, 08:36 AM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default top gear

TOP GEAR EVERY TIME END OF!
Old 19 September 2008, 09:10 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Who the **** was the US SF Special Forces, square jawed, **** jockey on the Jeep Test? Fecking sceptics.

Tom Ford actually writes for TG mag! Is he spying on TG and taking the ideas back?

The other bloke is a ****.

VBH is 36, behaves like she a teen, so after all the driving she does should be good. I think she was suffer from a crack habit too. Never see her with a bloke?

Tiff was TG once so is probably glad of the exposure.

JC for PM.
RH for Minister for Transport.

JM for errr, something, CAMRA Tester and gentleman foppish hair!
Old 19 September 2008, 10:12 AM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

5th gear has improved but is still pretty $h1te. Yes, that Scirocco v fan man was a complete TG rip off.

They do test normal cars, though which I like, but a couple of weeks ago VBH compared a Kia to a Golf (Diesels) and the road test consisted of accelerating from 30 to 70 or something and the Golf was a second quicker. Her conclusion was, if you want to drive fast, buy the Golf, if you fancy a 7yr warranty, buy a Kia. That has got to be the worst road test in history!
Old 19 September 2008, 10:18 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Who is the tit who was doing the jeep test on the last fifth gear.
He's such a waste of space - he doesn't seem to know anything about cars at all so why the f**k is he on the show!??

And as for the other beardy they've got presenting now - has he done any reviews yet, or does he just sit on the sofa with the original beardy guy who reviewed the charger (who admittedly I find quite enjoyable to watch) and do nothing but chat sh*t!?

Weird stuff. It was better when it was just Tiff, Jason, VBH and the original beardy - they don't need these other gimps.
Old 19 September 2008, 11:44 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

I'll actually buck the trend on this 1 and say i enjoy watching 5th gear more than i do top gear.

5th gear, by a mile actually offers more reviews on everyday cars. You are likely to have every hot hatch/saloon under the sun reviewed on 5th gear.

In some shows you are lucky to get 2 car reviews on top gear. They have done this celebrity round the track thing to death now, its 15 minutes of boring drivel and a pointless interview normally. Then the usual ''races'' across europe all the time coming down to a photoline finish

The last couple of series of TG have been absoloute drivel. Same old shi*e, reviewing old buy what you can for £1000 cars in pointless races.

At least with 5th gear, they actually review NEW everyday cars. A couple of the presenters annoy the sh*te out of me but you'll come away from 5th gear having 'learnt' more from it than you would top gear.

And then at the end of the series you get the ''best of top gear'' episodes for about the next 6 wks It's the same sh*te just in an edited put together format of the 'best bits'. I think they crop 8 shows down into about 6 and call it best of top gear

My opinion anyway, i'll watch both shows. Used to be a big fan of TG, now it just bores me
Old 19 September 2008, 01:32 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Still, at least Top gear has stopped doing that stupid, pointless and time wasting TopGear Stuntman sketch!!
Old 19 September 2008, 01:41 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by jonc
Still, at least Top gear has stopped doing that stupid, pointless and time wasting TopGear Stuntman sketch!!
Seconded - god that sketch really was total sh*te!!
I'm all for the fifth gear approach - back to cars that 99% of the public can actually afford!
Old 19 September 2008, 02:25 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Not a fan of 5th Gear at all. I think their serious reviews are bloody awful and focus too heavily on reading manufacturers figures verbatim. I think their comedic reviews fail completely to be comedic and often become embarrasing.

With Top Gear the comedic reviews are usually very funny but can go on a bit too long and rely too much on using the same joke. Their serious reviews are usually never serious and completely ignore manufacturers figures in favour of their own. But if Top Gear were to go the serious reviews of every day cars route they would still rip 5th Gear to shreads because the hosts have character and can hold a viewers attention.
Old 19 September 2008, 04:25 PM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
And as for the other beardy they've got presenting now - has he done any reviews yet, or does he just sit on the sofa with the original beardy guy who reviewed the charger (who admittedly I find quite enjoyable to watch) and do nothing but chat sh*t!?
The other beardy guy is Tim Shaw, or Mr Inappropriate if you've ever seen ***** Of Steel on Channel 4.
Old 19 September 2008, 05:18 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Phantom_Flan_Flinger
The other beardy guy is Tim Shaw, or Mr Inappropriate if you've ever seen ***** Of Steel on Channel 4.
He is also the tw@t who said live on the radio he would leave his wife (who is a stunna) and kids to be with the manky skank Jodie Marsh. His wife then sold his Lotus on ebay for 50p.
Old 19 September 2008, 07:17 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Not keen on the new bloke, can't stand VBH or the geeky student, Tiff and Plato are carp presenters but always fun to watch driving. Tom I quite like. They should leave TG to do the cocking about and focus on being the factual program with informative reviews of realistic cars for ordinary folk, with the odd bit of exotica for dreaming about.
Old 19 September 2008, 07:29 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sorry but i like to see cars from the real world with the odd super car thrown in not the other way round tg is ****e yes its a well presented programe but so is gmtv with good presenters but it should be called clarksons dreams . prefere the other show thats about cars not a show for clarksons ego just my thoughts
Old 22 September 2008, 05:36 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Mark'sWRX
He is also the tw@t who said live on the radio he would leave his wife (who is a stunna) and kids to be with the manky skank Jodie Marsh. His wife then sold his Lotus on ebay for 50p.
lol - I remember reading about that. So what, exactly is he doing on a motoring programme!? Does he have any background in cars or bikes, or is he just a b-list celeb who has bought a few fast cars?
Old 22 September 2008, 06:31 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He used to be a journo, thats all the experience he has.
Old 22 September 2008, 06:46 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Tbh at least 5th gear is new stuff at the moment. Im sick to the back teeth of Top Gear repeats.

Simon
Old 23 September 2008, 09:00 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Who really gives a t0ss! Take it for what it is, its deals more with every day cars where as top gear deals with mainly, for the majority at least, unobtainable fanasty cars. Baring in mind that there aren't many car programs on TV, topgear and 5th gear are both entertaining., the rest eg, pimp my ride, vroom vroom, etc are sh1te.

you forgot The Used Car Roadshow. a fat bloke who gets off on writing on car windscrenes in front of the 5-6 people they could persuade to be an audience, and the woman who takes people to auctions, and clearly knowing nothing about cars. In the last one I watched, the couple bought the first of the 3 cars they were interested in, and to fill the programme, they watched the other 2 go through, with dumb-bird asking if they were interested in them. Er, no, they've just bought one...

Certainly makes 5th geat look good.
Old 23 September 2008, 09:17 AM
fastfu
Scooby Regular

i only used to watch for vbh really but i think i was spoilt with all the dave repeats and they were from like 5 or so years ago and judging by the new series vicky's had a hard 5 years
Old 23 September 2008, 10:13 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Vickys had some hammer, time to move on maybe? They could allways replace her with that suzy perry off the bikes, now she is
Old 23 September 2008, 11:56 AM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

Again to buck the general trend - personally I can't stand Top Gear. Its not so much a car show anymore its just 3 blokes pi$$ing around and having a great time reviewing dream cars most of us mere mortals won't even see let alone drive. Who really gives a to$$ whether a Veyron or aeroplane will get to where ever quickest . Could you see Top Gear doing an article on the Scooby Gathering - No, maybe a collection of multi million pound supercars spelling out the words POINTLESS.

I want car programmes that review cars that is in most peoples reach. Yes the show isn't as polished as Top Gear and has followed a similar setup. I prefer the presenters on 5th Gear also, especially the student looking fella.

My tuppence. Wolfie.

Quick Reply: top gear vs 5th gear!