Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Companies, websites and emails

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2008, 08:55 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Companies, websites and emails

In the last 3 weeks I have sent emails to 5 companies using the email addresses published on their websites where they always say things like 'email us today for an immediate quotation' or 'email us with your query and we will get back to you within 24 hours' etc. etc.

Not one of them has sent me a reply. Over the last week I rang 3 of them and rang the final 2 today.

Two said they didn't have time to respond to emails - so that's no business from me then.

One said they hadn't received it before I even said who I was LOL! Anyway I know that is not true as I run my own mail server and the log says 'accepted for delivery' - so that's definitely no business from me then.

The remaining two said they hadn't had time to respond yet but would. Well a week is long enough in my book.

In the case of one of them today they suggested they answer my query on the phone as I was on. So with a sigh I explained my question and they said needed a picture of what I was talking about to which I said .... 'well that is what is in the email'

Of the five only one of them sounded like they had more than a basic command of the English language and remotely interested, the rest sounded like they just could not be bothered or if they could they were talking a hitherto undiscovered dialect that I couldn't be sure was even a remote derivation of English!!

Why oh why is this country so utterly crap at everything

No doubt they will be bitching and moaning about having no work when the recession really bites, makes you wonder if they deserve it frankly.
Old 11 September 2008, 08:56 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

try emailing the top 10 scooby suppliers and see what happens
Old 11 September 2008, 10:30 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Judging by your experiences I doubt the Indians will ever be outsourcing their call centres to the UK.
Old 11 September 2008, 10:32 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

What kind of product were you looking for?

Steve
Old 11 September 2008, 10:49 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
What kind of product were you looking for?

Steve
Not a specific product, just happened to be looking for several products/services over the last few weeks and was a bit astounded at how poor these companies were with their responses.

Two were enquiries about seat trimming, one about mats, one about air tickets and one about diamond drilling.
Old 12 September 2008, 09:26 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I have a simple solution to these sorts of companies - if they dont respond to an email, or dont answer their phone or get back to me when they say they will, I dont deal with them. I have had people take ages to get back to me, and when I tell them I have gone somewhere else in the meantime they always get really grumpy or stroppy.

Worst one was a trade supplier I was thinking of using for my business, who lost out on around £15K worth of orders per year because they were 'too busy to answer emails'.

Theres very few companies that dont have direct competitors, and if their customer service is that bad before you have even bought from them, imagine what they are going to be like is there is a problem with what you have bought.

Personally I make a point of returning emails as soon as possible if someone emails me with a query, which isnt that hard as it generally takes less than a minute, so I dont see why other companies cant do the same.
Old 12 September 2008, 01:59 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Theres very few companies that dont have direct competitors, and if their customer service is that bad before you have even bought from them, imagine what they are going to be like is there is a problem with what you have bought.
My thoughts exactly!!!