Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Amy Whinehouse - when will someone lock her up?

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2008, 02:33 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amy Whinehouse - when will someone lock her up?

Anyone else getting sick of the fluffy pillow treatment of Amy Whinehouse?

Everytime we see this crackfiend on TV, the presenters bend over backwards to make sure they don't suggest any drug use, instead using words like "feeling poorly, rushed to hospital".

Lol wot?!

The woman is a hardcore drug addict, what kind of picture are we painting for the younger generation if someone of this status is being treated with kid gloves instead of doing the right thing and labelling her a crackhead and then doing something about this?

But she personifies the life of excess, young and successful with money so ends up partying a bit too had on crack/heroine/cocaine/etc etc.

Discuss
Old 19 August 2008, 02:37 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Being a drug addict isnt againt the law. 'Lock her up' using what powers? You should read the Daily Mail less.

With regards to her corrupting the young: I think the terrible state that she is in provides more than enough warning of the dangers...
Old 19 August 2008, 02:40 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

one of the biggest wastes of space and air on the planet, shoot her and put her out of her misery as quickly as possible preferably, and while your at it, do her boyfreind in as well.
Old 19 August 2008, 02:42 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero

Everytime we see this crackfiend on TV, the presenters bend over backwards to make sure they don't suggest any drug use, instead using words like "feeling poorly, rushed to hospital".
What presenters bend over backwards? They say exactly what Winehouses people have reported when asked what is wrong with her.

They can hardly say "we asked Amy Winehouses publicist what was wrong with her, and he said she was feeling poorly, but we reckon it's definitely down to heroin" Can they.
Old 19 August 2008, 02:45 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It makes me laugh to see SN full of ignorant and blatantly stupid posts about killing people, alongside others (fromt the same members) whining about the Big Brother state that we are moving towards.

I think that all of the stupid people should be interned and neutered.
Old 19 August 2008, 02:49 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Rumor/rumour is she will start the 2012 london olympics by igniting the olympic torch with a benson&hedges cigarette!
Old 19 August 2008, 02:52 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

She was on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. Simon Amstell ripped into her quite a bit - fair play to the lass though, she held her own.
Old 19 August 2008, 02:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Being a drug addict isnt againt the law. 'Lock her up' using what powers? You should read the Daily Mail less.

With regards to her corrupting the young: I think the terrible state that she is in provides more than enough warning of the dangers...
Does it?
Crackhouse seen by older people as a mess and an eejiit.

By the young as a successful singer making lots of money, going to great parties and having a top time, cool!
The police/law does not seem to touch her even when pictures of her snorting what could be drugs are published in the papers
It sets a great example, cool!

Just because people do not always have liberal, right-on views does not make them all Daily Mail readers.

Winehouse is a disgrace, offered help, best help and rehab known to man available and she chooses to carry on this path.

You have to want to give up and she does not!

Last edited by The Zohan; 19 August 2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 19 August 2008, 03:00 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
I think that all of the stupid people should be interned and neutered.
Come on: who negged this post? I was just joining in with you, after all.
Old 19 August 2008, 03:01 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I personally can not stand the bint nice voice but a waste of life!

Old 19 August 2008, 03:03 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
Rumor/rumour is she will start the 2012 london olympics by igniting the olympic torch with a benson&hedges cigarette!
I doubt she will make it to 2012
Old 19 August 2008, 03:03 PM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

The biggest natural tallent that we have seen in British music in a long long time !! The last time i looked we lived in a "free country " it's not as if she's turning over pensioners and stealing car stereo's to feed here habit.
I hope she does get clean but at the end of the day it is HER choice.
Old 19 August 2008, 03:08 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Such a waste of decent talent, if only she could sort herself out she would be great.

At the end of the day she is really no different to many of the other stars in the world, it is just they seem to like to highlight her problems more than others, many she sells more papers or gets the ratings up, but she is really only one of many with a similar problem.

Fame who would really want it...
Old 19 August 2008, 03:14 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Man, what are you, James Blunt fans? Whatever happened ot a Rock and Roll lifestyle?

This is how Rock stars are supposed to behave

Ever since Oasis thought that spitting on stage was a bit "edgdy" our rock stars have been, frankly, rubbish at rock star behavior.
Old 19 August 2008, 03:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Such a waste of decent talent, if only she could sort herself out she would be great.

At the end of the day she is really no different to many of the other stars in the world, it is just they seem to like to highlight her problems more than others, many she sells more papers or gets the ratings up, but she is really only one of many with a similar problem.

Fame who would really want it...
Fame does not have to meen a drug/alcohol habit, plenty of stars get by without, yes some do and the likes of Winehouse seem to be in the papers more than most.

Along with the fame has come an awful lot of money and with that security for her and her family, she could do much good with her fame and money - she chooses not to and runs headlong down he chosen path of destruction.

Beckham a good point in case. One of the most famous and recognisable faces in the world
In the 15 years or so he has been famous, very famous what is the worse thing, an affair and knocking over that puff who went down like a ton of poo at Euro whatever.

He gets on with his life and that of his family is and does a lot of good.

It does not have to be self-destruction for Amy - her chloice
Old 19 August 2008, 03:21 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Man, what are you, James Blunt fans? Whatever happened ot a Rock and Roll lifestyle?

This is how Rock stars are supposed to behave

Ever since Oasis thought that spitting on stage was a bit "edgdy" our rock stars have been, frankly, rubbish at rock star behavior.
Hmm, coke now the choice of drug amongst teenagers and cheaper now that ever, £30 per g, it was 60 per gramme 30-40 years ago when £60.00 was an average wage per week.

Rock and roll lifestyle now avaliable to all, even kids - shame
Old 19 August 2008, 03:40 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Hmm, coke now the choice of drug amongst teenagers and cheaper now that ever, £30 per g, it was 60 per gramme 30-40 years ago when £60.00 was an average wage per week.

Rock and roll lifestyle now avaliable to all, even kids - shame

If its not coke, its drink, or some other drug. In my day it was glue sniffing and other solvent abuses (tipex thinner etc)

I will never understand why the older generation think they were any better the current crop of kids.

Having a selective memory and becoming an old fart helps I spose - Happens to the best of us
Old 19 August 2008, 03:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
If its not coke, its drink, or some other drug. In my day it was glue sniffing and other solvent abuses (tipex thinner etc)

I will never understand why the older generation think they were any better the current crop of kids.

Having a selective memory and becoming an old fart helps I spose - Happens to the best of us
Pete.

Coke was not an option for most kids due to cost, it is now with their price range and avaliable to them.

I do not think i am better, more i worry that drugs that where exlusive and seen as the choice of the rich and fabulous are now within the grasp of teeagers and who have access to dealers selling it for next to nothing compared to its cost years ago.
Old 19 August 2008, 03:51 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Pete.

Coke was not an option for most kids due to cost, it is now with their price range and avaliable to them.

I do not think i am better, more i worry that drugs that where exlusive and seen as the choice of the rich and fabulous are now within the grasp of teeagers and who have access to dealers selling it for next to nothing compared to its cost years ago.
Like I said, its coke today, 20 years ago it was glue - If anything, solvents are more dangerous than Coke and can be had for a fraction of the price.

If you want to get high for a fiver, you have beeen able to for decades; it's not a new thing.
Old 19 August 2008, 04:09 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
She was on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. Simon Amstell ripped into her quite a bit - fair play to the lass though, she held her own.
probably smacked off her scabby ******* so did not really care
Old 19 August 2008, 04:56 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Just because people do not always have liberal, right-on views does not make them all Daily Mail readers.
Just because I find many of the posts on this thread unbelievably foolish, does not mean that I am a liberal.
Old 19 August 2008, 05:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Just because I find many of the posts on this thread unbelievably foolish, does not mean that I am a liberal.

lol,
With the unbelievably in italics like that it reads a bit Victor Meldrew

Do you feel that she is seen in the same light by a 13-21 y/o as to a 30+ y/old?

Last edited by The Zohan; 19 August 2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: editied as it seems a little aggressive
Old 19 August 2008, 05:07 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Old 19 August 2008, 05:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GC8
That's you on a good day that is!

Actually i find myself getting more of a grumpy old man as i get older - i do try to remind myself of this and try to 'keep i real'.
Old 19 August 2008, 07:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She isn't a Rock Star despite the lifestyle, she is a mediocre female singer who is more famous for her habits than her talent.

Good luck to her as she is talented, just not as much as some think and being out of control is a substitute for musical output.
Old 19 August 2008, 07:40 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
probably smacked off her scabby ******* so did not really care
LMAO!!!!

She was pissed, kept asking for more drink. Don't reckon she was off her scabby *******, unfortunately!

Oh, and Paul. What about those of us who fall into the 21-30 age bracket?

Last edited by eClaire; 19 August 2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 19 August 2008, 07:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Filthy smack head with limited talent /thread
Old 19 August 2008, 07:52 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Limited talent? Its widely recognised that whilst shes a total waster, she has an excess of talent. What you mean is that you dont like her:but it is the height of arrogance/ignorance to confuse your own preference and opinion with fact.
Old 19 August 2008, 08:15 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I watched her live at the eden project, she was slurring her words, swearing at the crowd when they heckled her boyfriend, and topped it all off by spitting into the crowd.

Top lass
Old 20 August 2008, 10:12 AM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
She isn't a Rock Star despite the lifestyle, she is a mediocre female singer who is more famous for her habits than her talent.

Good luck to her as she is talented, just not as much as some think and being out of control is a substitute for musical output.

I think the talent side of things is backed up by the record breaking 8 grammy awards that her last album won !!

Quick Reply: Amy Whinehouse - when will someone lock her up?