Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How do you become more aggressive?

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2008, 11:40 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do you become more aggressive?

Just a question relating to my Ju-Jutsu class fom last night.

We were put into the scenario of being attacked in various locations yesterday. One was trapped against a wall the other was when someone oversteps the mark in the pub.

Ilya, the instructor, was telling us that a good way to concentrate the output of aggression and adrenalin is to shout something as you repel the attacker. He demonstrated by getting one of the lads to swing for him, which he side-stepped, and pushed the attacker to the ground while shouting "**** off!"

We split into partners, the attacker would make a lunge to grab the other persons shoulder, abd the defendin partner would have to block the lunge with one arm and repel with the other to put the aggresor to the floor.

Obviously there's a factor of physical strength involved, but I'm wondering if there are anyways that can be used to uncover inner aggression?

I'm generally so chilled out and I can't remember the last time I found a need to be aggressive so I think I need to work on focusing and channeling any aggression in me, should I be in a situaion where UI find myself under attack.

Any tips on how to develop the mental state of aggression?
Old 30 July 2008, 11:41 AM
dave247
Scooby Regular

Just think of something that has really annoyed you in the past, a bit like The Waterboy
Old 30 July 2008, 11:44 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Try to think of someone anally raping your mother while simultaneously pouring sugar into your petrol tank.
Old 30 July 2008, 11:50 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MJW
Try to think of someone anally raping your mother while simultaneously pouring sugar into your petrol tank.
That just worked for me you **nt

Thing is to take it seriously and imagine it's real. I am Mr chilled too but it's very hard to control once you find it
Old 30 July 2008, 12:00 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
I love the clarification of "anally" in this scenario.

I mean, obviously your Mother simply being "raped" isn't enough.
Old 30 July 2008, 12:16 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

Stella. Nuff said.
Old 30 July 2008, 12:18 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Any tips on how to develop the mental state of aggression?
Stupid question, you moronic piece of low-life **** sucking scum

Did that help ?
Old 30 July 2008, 12:18 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

id shout donkey snot or pygmies *****,

i would have thought the agression comes with the adrenalin of someone starting a fight
Old 30 July 2008, 12:22 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

This may sound stupid - but try it.

Step forward.

The physical act of stepping INTO the situation REQUIRES a more aggressive response. You have stepped into the fight or flight zone. Your simple choice is to pick the former.
Old 30 July 2008, 12:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Become female, Ovulate, job done.....
Old 30 July 2008, 12:36 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Become female, Ovulate, job done.....
He said aggressive, not psycho
Old 30 July 2008, 12:36 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

just laugh, they become frustrated and see red mist then become reckless
Old 30 July 2008, 12:48 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Just think of something/someone that has annoyed you. Its even better if you've wanted to do something about it at the time but have been forced to back down.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 30 July 2008, 12:53 PM
New_scooby_04

It's difficult to contrive aggression in a situation where you have no hostility towards the opponent and know that the feeling is mutual and you'll come to no harm. You need to master thinking your way out of a confrontation rather than just lashing out in any case, as the natural reaction if someone, for example, has you by the throat is to panic! What you'll need to train yourself to do is overcome the panic and instinctively go for a weak spot e.g. grab an exposed finger, a jab to the windpipe, a kick to the knee, a palm strike to the nose etc..

Easier said than done, as you certainly can't do these moves with conviction with a training partner, but if you're forced to use them on the street, you'd better do it like you mean it and disable the assailant because if you fail, you've just escalated the situation further.

Ns04
Old 30 July 2008, 12:56 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
He said aggressive, not psycho
Old 30 July 2008, 12:58 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Forget being aggressive .... if all you know is martial arts and you are facing a street fighter - YOU RUN AWAY!!

By the time you have shouted "WhooooHooooo Kung Fu eeeeeeeeee" you will be on your way to hospital.

Martial arts are great for playing with your mates in a Village Hall acting out make-believe fighting ....... when in the real world on the streets its a different matter.
Old 30 July 2008, 01:09 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Forget being aggressive .... if all you know is martial arts and you are facing a street fighter - YOU RUN AWAY!!

By the time you have shouted "WhooooHooooo Kung Fu eeeeeeeeee" you will be on your way to hospital.

Martial arts are great for playing with your mates in a Village Hall acting out make-believe fighting ....... when in the real world on the streets its a different matter.
Well mr know it all

My years of training sure saved my *** on the only occasion (touch wood) that I've ever really needed it

Thank you Lau Gar

PS You are spot on with the RUN AWAY option which I'd take every time if the person was armed or I was outnumbered
Old 30 July 2008, 01:10 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp

Absolute twaddle imo - agree that in a street fight its normally the bigger more aggressive guy will win but martial arts puts you in the correct mindset when confronted.

Admittedley you need to train for years and if you start doing flashy kicks in a street situation you'd end up getting your head kicked in.

My ex instructor was a Tae-Kwondo World Champion and at 45 he is a head doorman at a local nighclub. Now this guy is 12 stone tops and lets say i'm a lot, lot bigger and heavier than that, when we used to spar i couldn't believe how hard he would hit me.

I have personally seen him knock out loads (well not loads but a few) bigger people - maybe he would have still been a hardnut even if he had never taken the art up, who can say.

Martial arts wont make you superman but over time it will give you an advantage.

Read any of Geoff Thompsons books and maybe you'll see my point.
Old 30 July 2008, 01:15 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Martial arts wont make you superman but over time it will give you an advantage.

In my experience the dangerous period is when students are a couple of years into their martial arts training and they are starting to gain a bit of confidence in their ability. (ie. a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing)

Those who have trained alot longer should have more sense and avoid the trouble unless they have no other option
Old 30 July 2008, 01:15 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

I've always hoped that Steven Segals flat palm/splatter nose upwards will work if ever needed.....probably not.No good trying TV moves in an emergency .

I'm like you.Last person who tried headbutting me (long story) I just held him by the throat till he decided to run off.

I Don't do fighting me,
Old 30 July 2008, 01:16 PM
WRX JON
Scooby Regular

i thought the idea wasnt to be more aggressive and adrenaline pumped, but to be calm and have control of the situation instead of just windmilling in and getting you teeth knocked out, or just hope you can run faster than the big bruiser with the tattoo's on his forehead lol
Old 30 July 2008, 01:18 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

I've always hoped that Steven Segals flat palm/splatter nose upwards will work if ever needed.....probably not.
The 'downside' is that the bridge of nose can go up through the front of the brain with the normal result being instant death

Sometimes seen as a bit excessive
Old 30 July 2008, 01:21 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

When I train at muay thai I always imagine im kicking the smoke out of a sheffield wednesday fan.....works for me......lol
Old 30 July 2008, 01:23 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp

ju-jitsu if learnt properly will unhinge any "street fighter"

How many wannabe boxers can fight on the floor or when they are in an arm bar or kimura? Fookin none....
Old 30 July 2008, 01:28 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie

In my experience the dangerous period is when students are a couple of years into their martial arts training and they are starting to gain a bit of confidence in their ability. (ie. a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing)

Those who have trained alot longer should have more sense and avoid the trouble unless they have no other option
Very true - after 18 months or so when i trained i felt invunerable when in fact i wasn't, it can lull you in to a false sense of security and as a result you can come a cropper. I'd say 4 years plus of proper hard training before you benefit and even then it can be ropey.

I ask my Instructor if he ever got scared doing the doors - he replied 'everytime' for all he knew that next ****** that he attempts to kick out might have a knife!!!!
Old 30 July 2008, 01:40 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I'll grab the local Frankham lad to put up against your namby-pamby jitsuie fooh kooey foooey master then??

http://www.grtleeds.co.uk/Culture/im...oxingPhoto.jpg

A piccie of his relative putting some rather famous boxer on the canvas

A traveller street boxer will make mince meat of the girlie martial art tarts - sorry to pop your bubble .... but when your teeth are on the street the last thing you will be thinking of is how you were supposed to be the king (as you are in the village hall on a wednesday night with your chums!)
Old 30 July 2008, 01:46 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

Cant argue with that I suppose.
Old 30 July 2008, 02:00 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ahhhh.... found it.

YouTube - Windmilling

This'll shut all you martial art doubters up
Old 30 July 2008, 02:09 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Classic Better quality clip here: YouTube - Dennis Pennis Kung Fu Hooligan 'BETTER QUALITY'
Old 30 July 2008, 02:10 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

The shouting / expelling of air also releases strength as it prevents muscle tensing.....

As a rule, aggression is enhanced/diminshed during the 'fight or flight' response.

If you want aggression on-tap then just carry round a flask full of testosterone.

Quick Reply: How do you become more aggressive?