Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gordon Brown: Natural Born Loser

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2008, 08:47 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordon Brown: Natural Born Loser

I'm not too interested in Party Politics, but looking back on the year and a bit of service from our unelected PM, I can't help but feel that he is just one of life's utter losers. Just look at all the things that have gone wrong during that short time: Northern Rock, Foot & Mouth, attempted bombings, flooding, loss of half of the population's personal data, credit crunch, collapse of housing market, rocketing oil, gas, road tax and even some food prices, doubling of inflation, collapse of Sterling against Euro, rising interest/mortgage rates etc, etc.

In fact he's such a negative influence on life in general, that he seems to have somehow brought even greater misfortune on our country: the worst two consecutive summers for weather that I can remember; the failure of any of the Home Nations to qualify for Euro 2008; hell, I bet if he hadn't been in power, England would have won the Rugby World Cup final and Lewis Hamilton would have got the extra point or two he needed to win last year's Formula 1 title!

So come on Gordon, the UK has had enough of your dour hangdog demeanour. Even the most ardent Labour supporter must now admit their mistake in shoeing him in. After all that nonsense about Tony Blair's succession, we can all now see that Gordon was the wrong man for the job after all and that his losing streak will inevitably continue whenever the next General Election is held, unless the Labour Party get shot of him beforehand of course. But who else would want to lead them into a General Election that they know they would lose? So long Gordon and good riddance. Make it sooner rather than later please and put us all (yourself included) out of misery!
Old 18 July 2008, 10:02 AM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

There was a time not so many years ago when civil unrest was something you had to feel, something that was hard to measure over a pint in the pub. These days we have the Internet and its surprising how easy it is to see how feed up people are. Just count the number of threads directly slagging off Brown and your about there. When labor came to power in 1997 the Internet was hardly born. Now it is and over the last year its gone from a place where politics hardly featured to a place you cannot traverse without coming across a tirade of labor abuse.

The world and the times have changed, and for the first time ever you can see in clear text for your self rather then though some opinion poll just how unliked the PM is.

To be honest if I see his lying little incompetent face on the TV again i might just throw up.
Old 18 July 2008, 10:06 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

There is a BIG difference between being different and being utterly crap
Old 18 July 2008, 10:12 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eddie1980
The world and the times have changed, and for the first time ever you can see in clear text for your self rather then though some opinion poll just how unliked the PM is..
Indeed. He isn't very popular. Easily the most disliked since Thatcher.

Who, as it was put last night "....Should get a state funeral in Scotland, where the government pay for 5 million shovels, so that scotland can dig a hole big enough and deep enough to hand her over to Satan personally"

Old 18 July 2008, 10:17 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant

Who, as it was put last night "....Should get a state funeral in Scotland, where the government pay for 5 million shovels, so that scotland can dig a hole big enough and deep enough to hand her over to Satan personally"

you lot can keep him, we dont want the prat up here either
Old 18 July 2008, 10:18 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete, did you watch Mock The Week too?

Now that's funny.
Old 18 July 2008, 10:21 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Turbo2, i suspect you are preaching to the converted here...

...with the odd notable exception.
Old 18 July 2008, 10:29 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Pete, did you watch Mock The Week too?

Now that's funny.
Yeah I did laugh at that comment.

Also the "Of course we have a vegetarian option; **** off" was aces.
Old 18 July 2008, 10:30 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
you lot can keep him, we dont want the prat up here either
Who's "you lot"?
Old 18 July 2008, 12:23 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Wink

of course, there remains a big difference between a PM who, for better or for worse (depending on your political view) followed through on her convictions and although royally despised by her opponents and large swathes of the electorate, at least commanded their respect ...

... and a PM who is just, well, an indecisive, dishonest, spineless, inept, dysfunctional, egomaniacal, arrogant and paralysed streak of pi55.
Old 18 July 2008, 12:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I have a nice bottle of champagne ready to toast her demise. I don't really drink, but that will be a very special occasion.
Old 18 July 2008, 12:29 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The smug tosser is as much use as a sh*t on a stick, but prime ministers arent ever elected as such; youre confusing him with a president (I will conceded that he and Tony before him may have made the same mistake). Theyre elected as MPs which useless-Gordon is and theyre invited to form a government by the Queen, as the leader of the winning party.
Old 18 July 2008, 12:29 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

As for GB I am laughing at the first post as I was just thinking yesterday that someone soon will no doubt blame him for the bad weather

Anyway I wouldn't say he is a loser as I am sure he has made enough money out of politics to retire a happy and welathy man. Sadly because of him and his miserable woeful excuse for a government we are all losers.

Not funny really
Old 18 July 2008, 12:30 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Frankie boyle is v funny
Old 18 July 2008, 02:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Although by no means perfect, Mrs Thatcher did more good for this country than this lot would ever do, even if they were interested in trying. She was someone who would actually stand up for this country rather than ratify a treaty(constitution) to hand nearly all our sovereignty away on the sly as Flash has just done without even telling us about it. How can he ratify a constitution which has been voted out by the Irish anyway?

Les
Old 18 July 2008, 02:55 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I did laugh at that comment.

Also the "Of course we have a vegetarian option; **** off" was aces.
I nearly spat my drink out when he said that.
Old 18 July 2008, 03:48 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Leslie
Although by no means perfect, Mrs Thatcher did more good for this country than this lot would ever do, even if they were interested in trying. She was someone who would actually stand up for this country rather than ratify a treaty(constitution) to hand nearly all our sovereignty away on the sly as Flash has just done without even telling us about it. How can he ratify a constitution which has been voted out by the Irish anyway?

Les

haven't you heard les? nikolas sarkozy has said that the irish must repeat the referendum. so he can get the answer he wants this time. the undemocratic, sn@tch-addled f**k. pardon my french.
Old 18 July 2008, 04:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost

haven't you heard les? nikolas sarkozy has said that the irish must repeat the referendum. so he can get the answer he wants this time. the undemocratic, sn@tch-addled f**k. pardon my french.
Yes I had heard that HG, apparently he wants the Irish to have special training to understand what it really all means, according to him, and then they will of course vote Yes!

Nicely put by the way.

Les