Police have just been again

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2008, 06:28 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police have just been again

this is ****en pissing me right off.

6am, i hear the intercom going outside, one of my neighbours lets somebody in, i fall asleep, 2mins later, front door sounds like its getting knocked off its hinges.

i open the door to see 2 coppers standing asking

"is it paul?"

"who???????"

"are you paul, we are here for jaylo?"

"look mate, this is the 3rd time some coppers have been for somebody not living at this address, its 6am, i have not heard of any jaylo, only me and the missus lives here, somebody was here last month asking for a Geano Davison"

"do you know him?"

"whaaattt????"

"well while we are here, is it ok if we come in and check for him"

"look mate, go in and knock yourself out, the missus was asleep in the bedroom, probably awake now no doubt"

they check the rooms and ohh what a ****en ******* surprise, nobody is here

"as they are leaving i ask again to be taken off whatever list it is that has these ****en clowns coming to my door (this is the 3rd time....)

"the problem is mate that when these people are getting arrested, they are giving this address, nothing we can do, sorry to have bothered you"

to be ****en honest, i slammed my ****en front door closed and locked it, this is pissing me right off

will the police complains commission look into this>? they messed me about last time i tried to use them or should i just go down the station now and make a complaint?

the neighbours must be chattering away already
Old 05 July 2008, 07:19 AM
redragon
Scooby Regular

if it was me id be down there complaining once is a mistake again and they are taking the ****
Old 05 July 2008, 07:24 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

just got back from the station and making an complaint

****en incompetent idiots could not understand why it was not chased up the last time
Old 05 July 2008, 07:43 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

That would really annoy the hell out of me.

What swear word ends with "en" by the way?

Nick
Old 05 July 2008, 07:50 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

it starts with F and has the middle part of a duck inside
Old 05 July 2008, 07:51 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

apperently my address is the one given for this chaps bail address, the first time the coppers came was while i was at work about 6 months back.

missus was home studying, they came and asked her if she was some other woman

the bloke behind the counter at the police station "thinks" that these other names might be "known associates" of this naughty chap and that is why they were asking for them.

honestly, do they preplan these "raids" and give everybody a list of possible names or something? do they not have the common sense to check electoral roles to see who is registered living at the address,

to be honest, it makes me think its all connected to that last police complaint i made about the sarge who pulled me over for a routine check while i was trying to do my business banking one day and stripped my car to bits at the roadside

Last edited by StickyMicky; 05 July 2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05 July 2008, 08:25 AM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

In defence of the police, if an address is given by a Defendant as either his home address or bail address, they have to accept it. There is no point checking the electoral register as people often offer to put up family or friends who need an address out of the area etc.

The only time addresses are checked (AFAIK) is when an offender is in custody and proposes a bail address, or if the charges they face are say of a nature where it would be unsafe for the community for that person to live in the area.

Often people propose addresses which are out of the area and a Judge will be satisfied of that, without the need to have somebody check it out.

Unfortunately, the police simply don't have the time or the manpower to go and physically check each address and speak with the occupants - or they often attend and nobody is at home.

I often have, when proposing bail addresses, letters provided to me to hand up to the Judge purportedly from the householder confirming their agreement for that address to be used as a bail address. Again, my solicitors just don't have the time or resources to physically go and check each one out.

The only time (in nearly 8 years of practice) that I've heard of officers doing what the did to you is when they need to arrest somebody and have solid information, or if they suspect that it is a false address given by the Defendant. They have turn up 'heavy handed' though, just in case the Defendant is there or it is the address of an associate.

Hopefully by putting in your complainant, there will be a marker on the PNC that it is not an address to be used by Defendants and if they try to, bail will be refused.

Sorry to read of your troubles.
Old 05 July 2008, 08:31 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

^^ while what you say i can accept, the fact that it is the 3rd time is rediculas IMO

3 visits of people and each time i have told them the people they ask for are not here, nor have i heard anything about them, it should have been nipped in the bud the very first time.

but it seams it was simply swept under the carpet for somebody else to sort out, which turned out to be me, 6am on a saturday morning after a few hours kip
Old 05 July 2008, 08:44 AM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
^^ while what you say i can accept, the fact that it is the 3rd time is rediculas IMO

3 visits of people and each time i have told them the people they ask for are not here, nor have i heard anything about them, it should have been nipped in the bud the very first time.

but it seams it was simply swept under the carpet for somebody else to sort out, which turned out to be me, 6am on a saturday morning after a few hours kip

I agree! It's not good enough but hopefully it will stop now.

In the Chambers where I used to practice from, our receptionist was always nosy and used to read your briefs as they came in. She found out that way that a very well known local criminal was using her address as his bail address! Apparently his mum lived on the same road and he'd told police it was an old friend who'd agreed to have him stay there a his mum's address was already overcrowded. Knowing part of it was true, the police accepted the address.

She and her hubby had numerous visits off the plod, even though my head of Chambers had backed up her complaint with a written letter it still went on - but then the police dislike us Barristers as much as we dislike them!!!

She eventually went to a court hearing and waited for his case to come up and spoke with his lawyer and then told the court it was her address and not available. Sorted! Although she did worry afterwards about possible problems from him, she didn't get any.

Last edited by ritchie21; 05 July 2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05 July 2008, 08:48 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ritchie21
In defence of the police, if an address is given by a Defendant as either his home address or bail address, they have to accept it. There is no point checking the electoral register as people often offer to put up family or friends who need an address out of the area etc.

The only time addresses are checked (AFAIK) is when an offender is in custody and proposes a bail address, or if the charges they face are say of a nature where it would be unsafe for the community for that person to live in the area.

Often people propose addresses which are out of the area and a Judge will be satisfied of that, without the need to have somebody check it out.

Unfortunately, the police simply don't have the time or the manpower to go and physically check each address and speak with the occupants - or they often attend and nobody is at home.
.... and that's precisely why compulsory ID cards are a good idea. Said scum couldn't give a false name/address and just disappear. And no, I don't mean biometric IDs. I live in Holland and everyone is obliged to carry ID. I usually have my diriving licence with me (though not always). I've only ever been asked to produce it once in 7 years (for doing an illegal u-turn).

Sorry to hear of your difficulties Sticky.
Old 05 July 2008, 08:55 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I'm very impressed you let them in. Being paranoid I would expect my computer to be 'examined' and all kinds of strange things then found.

Steve
Old 05 July 2008, 09:02 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

to be honest, i am the worst person ever when i am woken up, like a bear with a bad head, i hate it, worst time to argue with me, is if you have just woken me up, parents have had plenty of earfulls over the years, and the missus if she wakes me up in the middle of the night.

once i am awake, i can never get back to sleep

i just stood at the front door and waited for them to look around, i did not even want to show them around the place, i felt like punching the front door

what pisses me of even worse, is they got one of my neighbours out of bed to answer the intercom system and let them into the communal reception, so they could then batter my door with the fists

FFS my intercom was not even switched off and its numbered
Old 05 July 2008, 09:07 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
.... and that's precisely why compulsory ID cards are a good idea. Said scum couldn't give a false name/address and just disappear. And no, I don't mean biometric IDs. I live in Holland and everyone is obliged to carry ID. I usually have my diriving licence with me (though not always). I've only ever been asked to produce it once in 7 years (for doing an illegal u-turn).

Sorry to hear of your difficulties Sticky.
I don't see how that would help. Crims are hardly going to carry their ID card with them while they rob ppl. When arrested the coppers will once again be back in the situation of having to ask where they live....
Old 05 July 2008, 09:40 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

just checking the cctv footage of my car outside and they spent a good few mins checking out my numberplate on the car as well before knocking

along with trying to peer into my bedroom window
Old 05 July 2008, 09:43 AM
LanCat
Scooby Regular

Had the same thing happen to us.

Someone called Ahmed gave our address in court and when he failed to pay his fines we started to get letters and visits from the plod.

Sent the letters back "not known" and it still took three visits before they gave up.
Old 05 July 2008, 09:49 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by boxst
I'm very impressed you let them in. Being paranoid I would expect my computer to be 'examined' and all kinds of strange things then found.

Steve
That wouldn't surprise me in the least
Old 05 July 2008, 09:56 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

not only did they wake people up in my block, they also rang a few buzzers on next doors block as well, no doubt "looking for number 14"

i have just watched them call in my reg plate as well

yes mate, you listen to the bloke at the other end of the radio say the car is all clear and fully legit

ohh why do you try and peak into my bedroom window mate

while you are peeking, have a little read of the cctv warning sticker on the wall

Old 05 July 2008, 09:58 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I had a few letters for someone who had committed an assault and was apparently at this address, now being a new house there is only me and my hubby and 2 previous people who lived here before us and we knew their names, so the person named on the letter was not at this address or ever had been, I started to panic when more and more letters were turning up with this name on and seeing it was from the police I opened it, it was about not appearing at court and the police would be coming round to arrest. I phoned the police station and said I opened this eventually as there were numerous police letters for this person but he did not live at this address, thinking I'd get a bollocking for opening something I was surprised when the officer said that the person was known to them and had obviously given a false address and they would keep an eye out in future as I had said I was worried the person in question actually did come to the door!!! Especially as he had assaulted someone, I kept thinking he might come and say a letter had been mistakingly delivered here for him, when really he didnt want his real address given to the police.

They must have tracked him down or something coz I had nomore letters again and thankfully noone came to the door.
Old 05 July 2008, 10:09 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

just checking the cctv footage of my car outside and they spent a good few mins checking out my numberplate on the car as well before knocking

along with trying to peer into my bedroom window
Thats scandelous, Micky. Bet they only looked at your car too
Old 05 July 2008, 10:10 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

they did
Old 05 July 2008, 10:15 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

What CCTV system do you have ? May have to get one, looks a handy bit of kit
Old 05 July 2008, 10:19 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like gross incompetence if they have to keep coming to your place when they have checked it aready more than once.

Don't they make notes?

Les
Old 05 July 2008, 10:30 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Micky it sounds more like they know who lives there and are on your *** mate, why check out the car, are the parking bays numbered to each flat? or how would they know to look at just ur car?
And stand well back after a police complaint mate, I did that a few years ago after a lot of problems(nothing to do with me as I said from the start) but they caused me some **** for the next few years, every time I saw a local cop car i was spot checked, 11 nights on the trot, I kept a diary and handed it all over to my solicitors(with said producers) and let him sort it.
Old 05 July 2008, 10:44 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

bays are not numbered

i can upload the full video if you like, although its exported as .exe file as its exports its own little standalone video player with it

its the same cctv system i use at work to cover the carwash (although i ahve work setup for 8 cams) and we simply burn a quick cdr for anybody asking, it can also export in its native file format which is something like a .dvr file but you will struggle to find anything to play the file (i did a few years back before they offered the .exe option)
Old 05 July 2008, 10:48 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

In reply to Luminous, if they had no i.d. they could rot in prison or be taken to produce it !

Not guaranteed to work, but make's their criminal activities a little harder.... and needs a couple of new super-prisons building.

DunxC
Old 05 July 2008, 10:58 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

not only did they wake people up in my block, they also rang a few buzzers on next doors block as well, no doubt "looking for number 14"

i have just watched them call in my reg plate as well

yes mate, you listen to the bloke at the other end of the radio say the car is all clear and fully legit

ohh why do you try and peak into my bedroom window mate

while you are peeking, have a little read of the cctv warning sticker on the wall

can you put a case together for victimisation? from your footage it seems "strange" that they only check your car and then come into your premises
Old 05 July 2008, 11:35 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the whole thing is strange, from top to bottom, i have lived here for about 3 years now, i love the place, the police have been to my door 6 times now

1 time i admit it was my fault and was due to me kicking off with the ******** that used to live upstairs having a party, fair dues

other times then have been 3 x for the mystery people who dont live here, 1 x time to serve me with a section 59 notice for dangerous driving after somebody off duty claimed i was speedingand cutting up a binwagon on a dual carrigeway (that i could not recall)

offduty copper rung his traffic mate on his mobile who then turned up at my door a few days later to serve me this section 59 warning, made loads of notes, had me sign his notebook and promised to send out the paperwork in the post (never arrived)

the final time was after i made a complaint about a sarge a year or so back, i went to the complaints commision, and reported him as i found his behavious unaceptable (so did most of SN when i posted the details up) i specificially made the point that all contact should be done via post as i wanted written details. i was messed around loads, including a visit from a random copper one day, who left a message in the letter box, saying he had called around for a chat and could i ring his mobile

i have kept the letter, as it was not on any kind of official paper, simply printed out on a printer and signed

M.Kupusarevic. Insp 7222

it was one of the most dodgy things i have ever seen, no stamp on the envelope, so hand posted, yet printed out and signed by hand? can police men print out letters in the cars? or did he prepare it in advance just incase i was not in?

its dodgy, whatever way you look at it IMO
Old 05 July 2008, 12:07 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

You often find that when we attend addresses the people in it swear blind that Mr X does not live there. But a few attempts later find said Mr X tucked up in bed at that address.

If this person gives this address to the court/police - how bad would the police look if it is not checked each time.

The way forward is to speak or complain to an inspector. Provide a statement to the police custody and the courts stating that you do not know this person and do not allow him access to your house and do not allow your address to be used for the purposes of bail. Your address can therefore no longer be given and the early morning knocks should stop.
Old 05 July 2008, 12:19 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the officer on the desk at the police station told me that the only thing he could do was make a note of it

i asked him to write it down on some paper as i wanted it down in writing but he said he could not do that

he assured me that it was getting noted and it should stop, but to be honest i knew he was just ****ing me off and i was getting angry

they did not ask for a statement, nor would they give me anything on paper

i have added the times/dates and descriptions to a file, with the pictures i have posted above for my own further references.

the bloke on the counter told me when (more like IF) they catch up with him they will be sure to ask him why he gave my address

Last edited by StickyMicky; 05 July 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05 July 2008, 12:24 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Coppers, eh?

Last edited by ScoobyWon't; 05 July 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Police have just been again