Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CarPhoneWhoreHouse..

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2008, 10:06 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CarPhoneWhoreHouse..

I got a Sony Ericsson through the CPWH at the end of last year on contract to Orange.

5 months later I had trouble with it turnning itself off, and the touch screen going mental throwing itself through all the options at random times of the day. They had the phone in for repair, and then 2 weeks later it does the same thing again. back in for repair... and it still had problems, so they exchanged the handset.

Within 4 weeks of me having the replacement, the phone starts turning off again and not letting me make calls - they tell me I am 2 days out of the 29 day warranty on the replacement so will not replace again, but will repair.

I have had the phone back 11 days, and over the weekend guess what? It turns itself off again, and won't let me receive calls. They told me last time that if it happened within 29 days of repair they will exchange for a different phone make and model, dependent on their 'allowances'..i went in to daybut the manager, quite conveniently was out, so back again tomorrow.

my query is this... The sony ericcson k850i has a 5megapixel camera ( which I use quite often) what phone(s) are there out at the moment which would be a good swap for me to ask for??? Advice & opinions gratefully received!!
Old 30 June 2008, 10:11 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try for a nokia n82, you may have to renew the contract with this phone but it'll be more than worth it.
Old 30 June 2008, 10:12 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sony Ericsson C902

- my K810i works fine and looks fine after a year - including going for a swim in that time
Old 30 June 2008, 10:15 PM
classic scooby
Scooby Regular

hello mate

i just took delivery of a sony ericcson c902 which i upgraded from a sony ericcson k810i,i have to say that so far its an absolutely cracking phone i nearly got an k850i but after reading write ups on it i decided against it,my advice to you is check out the c902 i don't think you will be dissapointed.

hope that helps a little

good luck

regards

nick
Old 30 June 2008, 10:17 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine was from e-save cpwh on-line - has the benefit of never having queue up in one of their stores behind 15 scantily clad chinese teenagers .....

hang-on a minute
Old 30 June 2008, 10:18 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Thanks guys - both look ok.. it does depend on what options they have open to me, but I aim to put my little size 5's right up their backsides tomorrow, and get what I want.. whether that will happen or not..
Old 30 June 2008, 10:53 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I swear by Nokia, it's the only manufacturer I've never had problems with.
Old 30 June 2008, 11:50 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

SE=CP*= dont bother

Had exactly the same with an SE phone from them, mine was 1 day outside the 29 day period.

Repair? do me a favour,, all they do is reflash the SW, big deal, it never solves the problem.

I had the usual manager bullsh*t in the end they said if it fails again you can use our no lemon guarantee, guess what, they dont recognise the NL guarantee anymore.

An early upgrade to make up for the hassle, that came next.

erm nope, that was suddenly not allowed.

in the end i slung the phone in a draw, dropped the tarrif to its minimum, and went to voda,

now there bombarding me with calls and letters to upgrade,

CP* lost my BB contract, my mobile contract & my home phone contract.

CP* never again

Mart

Last edited by mart360; 01 July 2008 at 12:20 AM.