Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

To those who don't agree with the return of the death penalty...

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2008, 11:42 PM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not religious in any way so my objection hasn't any religious reason what so ever but:
I just don't think we have the right to take life no matter what the crime!
Who are we to remove the greatest thing given to us?
Lock him up, torture him slowly, cut his ba lls off but don't take his life.
Old 27 June 2008, 11:51 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

He can never be a benefit to a civilised society, so why should that civilised society spend around £200,000 a year keeping him alive when a pill or similar for a single tiny amount can rid us of him, and serve as a very strong deterrent to others like him. Do you think for one minute that prison will rehabilitate him ?
Old 27 June 2008, 11:54 PM
Coc-ker
Scooby Regular

Just lock him in the stocks in the streets. I'm sure the public will give him what he deserves.
Old 27 June 2008, 11:59 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

""It included pictures and videos of newborn babies and toddlers being raped and abused by adults.""

WTF!!! New born babys

He needs the crap kicking out of him every day for the rest of his life, killing him wouldn't inflict nearly enough damage
I wouldnt mind a few hours with him on my own, the b4stard, i hurt him as much as i could

F5ckers like that NEVER change EVER
Old 28 June 2008, 12:00 AM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Nothing will rehabilitate him.
Your actual personal financial contribution toward his prison stay probably amounts to less than a tenth of a penny a year.
I'd rather pay a hundred pounds a year to keep scumbags in prison than have the death of a single human being on my conscience.
We are not here on earth to decide when a life should be brought to an end. It's not our call.
IMO of course.
Old 28 June 2008, 12:02 AM
rob878
Scooby Regular

As much as i would like to agree with you. I'm not that religious if at all. But the thought that if we killed the b*st*rd he would escape to something else, (what ever that maybe, if anything at all) makes me think that his punishment should be served out.

My proviso would be no contact, solitary for the rest of his days. Just him alone no human contact.

Just like here :"The Angola 3": Ex-Black Panthers Kept in Solitary Confinement for Over Three Decades [VIDEO] | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet

not a popular idea i know, but as i said punish him in this life.
Old 28 June 2008, 12:05 AM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
He can never be a benefit to a civilised society, so why should that civilised society spend around £200,000 a year keeping him alive when a pill or similar for a single tiny amount can rid us of him, and serve as a very strong deterrent to others like him. Do you think for one minute that prison will rehabilitate him ?
There are plenty of people who will never be of benefit to a civilised society.
Some will be on benefits for their entire life.
Surely you're not suggesting we just wipe them out.
A touchy subject but this question is asked with the greatest respect:
What of some severely mentally disabled people?
Should we dispose of them because they can never be of benefit to a civilised society?
Old 28 June 2008, 12:10 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alg
A touchy subject but this question is asked with the greatest respect:
What of some severely mentally disabled people?
Should we dispose of them because they can never be of benefit to a civilised society?
You cannot lay blame at the disabled or others inflicted with any ailment or disorder. I do however believe the benefit system has created a large number of scrounging lazy embezzling thieving tw@ts, and I would love to see a serious reform of the way our money is apportioned to some.
Old 28 June 2008, 12:11 AM
Alg
Scooby Regular

You cannot lay blame at the disabled or others inflicted with any ailment or disorder. I do however believe the benefit system has created a large number of scrounging lazy embezzling thieving tw@ts, and I would love to see a serious reform of the way our money is apportioned to some.
I agree!
Old 28 June 2008, 12:47 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Alg
I'm not religious in any way so my objection hasn't any religious reason what so ever but:
Who are we to remove the greatest thing given to us?
Lock him up, torture him slowly, cut his ba lls off but don't take his life.

No right to take his life I would, slowly, the sick f**k
Old 28 June 2008, 01:24 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

i couldnt agree more.

a mate of mine used to be on the doll after school, the terms are that you have to apply to three jobs a week, which he diddn't. at the job centre they told him of various jobs coming up, like sainsburys tescos etcetc, he said he diddnt want them , and still claimed the doll even though he wasnt applying to any jobs?

i think it all should be alot more strict in the way we give out money to people.

end of the day all of these matters are the governments fault. i don't even blame the spongers who take this money, it is the government who make it easily available to them.

but back on subject, i dont think killing somebody is morally right, they have done wrong and should be punished for it so that they know they have done wrong, a punishment that causes the criminal to suffer, perhaps something different from prison, or a prison that is more like an actual prison and not like the summer camps we have that they call prison with free time and TV's etcetc

killing the person would be too easy. a pill then they fall asleep? or a life time of punishment.
Old 28 June 2008, 01:27 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alg
So you oppose all war then?
Old 28 June 2008, 01:27 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alg
Of course not, we could harvest their organs for example
Old 28 June 2008, 01:28 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18

a mate of mine used to be on the doll after school, the terms are that you have to apply to three jobs a week, which he diddn't. at the job centre they told him of various jobs coming up, like sainsburys tescos etcetc, he said he diddnt want them , and still claimed the doll even though he wasnt applying to any jobs?
How would you feel if he was actually applying for jobs, but not getting any?
Old 28 June 2008, 01:31 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
How would you feel if he was actually applying for jobs, but not getting any?
then thats fine. i don't have a problem when people are following the terms to get the money. the point i was making is taht he could have applied to these jobs but he was sayin he diddnt want to, out of choice. if your on the doll its supposed to be a last resort, as in, somebody with nom oney is having a hard time finding a job, so they get teh doll aslong as they are applying to everything they can to get any job of some sort.

if a person is applying for jobs then good for them, the idea of the doll system is working.
Old 28 June 2008, 01:40 AM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
but back on subject, i dont think killing somebody is morally right, they have done wrong and should be punished for it so that they know they have done wrong
So you dont think the guy responsible for raping a 1 year old baby knew he was 'doing wrong' oh please

The ****** KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WAS SICK AND PERVERTED AND DID IT ANYWAY

Id like to see how your opinion would differ if it was your kid that was raped and murdered at the age of 1! im sure youd feel somewhat different
Old 28 June 2008, 01:55 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

im sure i would too, but if it was my kid (not that i have any) then rather than cracking him with a hammer for instant death id want him tortured for as long as possible until he died from natural causes.

i couldnt agree more on how people may deserve to die, and how wrong and disgusting these people can be, but at the end of the day, killing somebody makes it easier for them.

they will be dead quickly and it wil be over.

if they are put through a long punishment and they suffer then its a different story. i don't think they should have death penalties, but i think punishments should be alot more strict.

and just for the record, anybody knows that they are doing wrong unless they have mental health problems. this guy in question would have known he was doing wrong, im not denying that.
Old 28 June 2008, 01:59 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

As father of an 11 month old baby girl these people do not deserve life.

110% agree with death penalty...

There is no purpose these people living..

Will only create fear and further victims.....

And funny thing is if this was in ireland he would received a 2 or 3 year sentence............

Last edited by LegacySTi; 28 June 2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 28 June 2008, 10:16 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i dont have children of my own yet, but i agree 100% with the above. if convicted without any shadow of a doubt, this "thing" should be destroyed...

if i saw this "thing" on the street i would do worse than sit him in a room, with a tv for the rest of his days.
Old 28 June 2008, 11:10 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lock him up with a deformed (i.e. packing some serious trouserage), violent, 20 stone, muscle bound gay rapist !
Old 28 June 2008, 11:17 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Stoning doesn't cost much & seems to do the trick in other countries ...

TX.
Old 28 June 2008, 11:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is no way that this evil man can be excused for his actions. He knows perfectly well what he was doing was a heinous crime against children and society in general.

As far as the death penalty is concerned. I believe that the State has the right of the sword and that the death penalty should be reinstated for capital offences. Nothing like the possibility of having to stand on the trap door with a noose around your neck to concentrate the mind when it comes to murder. When we had the death penalty there were so few murders in this country that it would be front page news. These days most murders are barely worth a mention because there are so many of them. It is of course absolutely necessary to get the case for murder completely right.

I would also say that we should have real punishments for lesser wrongdoers, and I think a public flogging would humiliate and embarrass some of these incorrible thugs into thinking twice before they carry on with mugging and sheer vandalism and theft. All this PC Plonking idea that it is never their fault is dragging us down the tubes.

Les
Old 28 June 2008, 11:30 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Leslie
There is no way that this evil man can be excused for his actions. He knows perfectly well what he was doing was a heinous crime against children and society in general.

As far as the death penalty is concerned. I believe that the State has the right of the sword and that the death penalty should be reinstated for capital offences. Nothing like the possibility of having to stand on the trap door with a noose around your neck to concentrate the mind when it comes to murder. When we had the death penalty there were so few murders in this country that it would be front page news. These days most murders are barely worth a mention because there are so many of them. It is of course absolutely necessary to get the case for murder completely right.

I would also say that we should have real punishments for lesser wrongdoers, and I think a public flogging would humiliate and embarrass some of these incorrible thugs into thinking twice before they carry on with mugging and sheer vandalism and theft. All this PC Plonking idea that it is never their fault is dragging us down the tubes.

Les
Spot on Les!
Old 28 June 2008, 11:42 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I personally don't advocate the death penalty as I think no one has the right to take a life no matter how bad the things that person has done are and I also wince at the number of people in the UK who would have been killed under the death penalty only to find out some years later they weren't guilty after all.

Anyway that is really an aside here as I think we are missing the bigger picture.

This guy has been jailed for possessing child ****, admittedly very sick and extreme child **** and while that in itself is wrong, very wrong surely we should be tracking down the creators of this sick material as a priority.

The article waffles about it coming from Eastern Europe and North America and that is the only mention of it. It is relatively easy to catch and imprison those who view it, but seems like we as a so called civilised society don't want to step up to the real challenge.

As soon as Eastern Europe gets a mention it is like a get out clause, like it can't be tackled along with all the other organised crime eminating from these now EU countries

Maybe if we as a nation played our part and devoted some of the funding that merrily goes to policing the roads and persecuting the motorist, for instance, towards stopping really nasty hateful crime such as the production of child **** then the world would be a better place. Speeding as an offence doesn't seem so bad next to child abuse, well not to me anyway, pity our police and governments don't see it the same way.
Old 28 June 2008, 11:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I personally don't advocate the death penalty as I think no one has the right to take a life no matter how bad the things that person has done are and I also wince at the number of people in the UK who would have been killed under the death penalty only to find out some years later they weren't guilty after all.

Anyway that is really an aside here as I think we are missing the bigger picture.

This guy has been jailed for possessing child ****, admittedly very sick and extreme child **** and while that in itself is wrong, very wrong surely we should be tracking down the creators of this sick material as a priority.

The article waffles about it coming from Eastern Europe and North America and that is the only mention of it. It is relatively easy to catch and imprison those who view it, but seems like we as a so called civilised society don't want to step up to the real challenge.

As soon as Eastern Europe gets a mention it is like a get out clause, like it can't be tackled along with all the other organised crime eminating from these now EU countries

Maybe if we as a nation played our part and devoted some of the funding that merrily goes to policing the roads and persecuting the motorist, for instance, towards stopping really nasty hateful crime such as the production of child **** then the world would be a better place. Speeding as an offence doesn't seem so bad next to child abuse, well not to me anyway, pity our police and governments don't see it the same way.

Personally i would shoot the people who commit these crimes and those who like to view it, both as bad as each other. There are comercial sites out there with child **** - would they exist without the people who pay for the images - No!

scum like this POS perpetuate it. I would rather he was harvested for his organs - ideally to help kids who need them.

Last edited by The Zohan; 28 June 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 28 June 2008, 02:00 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Question,
What's the difference between going to war and deliberately killing those who pose a threat to our security or putting to death those 'within' that pose an equally serious threat
Old 28 June 2008, 08:54 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

The difference is the people going out and killing someone (one example Osama Bin Laden) , and that someone makes a valid threat to another ( dictatorship springs to mind )country isn't saving other countries from danger, the people going there are hoping the someone and that bad version of army surrender and the other version is a psycopathic nutter not a dictator.

Last edited by ScooByer Trade; 28 June 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 28 June 2008, 09:52 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm one of the bad bunch that oppose the death penalty, and yet on the story here alone, I struggle to defend my view. Of course he is a sick ****, and whether he is 'only' guitly of looking at these images, rather than being involved in the production, tbh is almost equally disturbing, no right minded person can not be aware that while they are 'only' looking, a child has been abused beyond comprehension to provide such images. He is part of the chain, regardless of actual direct involvement.

However, this is where the problem comes in when discussing the death penalty, there are always going to be stories that disturb people enough, to make them question the issue (whether it be involving children/serial killers/unprovoked killings/family etc.) Thing is, emotion can't be used in deciding to re-introduce the death penalty. You can't pick and choose when it would apply completely, it's either there or it's not. For example this story has evoked reaction, but some woman who has been abused for the purposes of adult **** against her will, would most likely not be viewed as strongly (just because she is an adult, regardless of how vunerable she may be), or some local chav being bumped off, as he's been a problem in the area, it's still crime one way or another regardless of how we view the extent of it, that by all accounts would quite possibly have to fall within this.

In fairness this case seems clear cut, but such a re-introduction would cover many crimes and thus, you go to square one where you will always have the risk of innocent people being killed, and if I'm not liked for saying it, I personally wouldn't want to go back to taking that risk. It did happen and still would, it does elsewhere.

I am all for harsher punishment, and certainly, life meaning life where applicable, but I can't agree with the death penalty.

Just think though, unless he is in solitary, he will no doubt be at risk from other prisoners for his actions, even the most hardened criminals have limits of what is acceptable.

And breathe. Sorry for rambling on.
Old 29 June 2008, 11:56 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is easy enough to defend killing someone to defend your own life or that of others. That is what should be behind a necessary war and if you have to kill during a just war as far as your own side is concerned that is fair enough even though it is an awful thing to have to do.

By the same token, war is an obscene thing to happen and I personally devoted my time in the Service doing my best to ensure that one never actually started.

The death penalty as I said above should be in the right of the State for the defence of its citizens. There is no doubt that it is a powerful deterrent. Still a pretty awful thing to have to do though. What rights should a deliberate murderer have though?

I can however understand how some people feel about the death penalty and that it is an unfair punishment. We are all entitled to our own feelings of course.

Les

Quick Reply: To those who don't agree with the return of the death penalty...