Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

car vandalised - anyone know about sueing people?

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2008, 12:54 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car vandalised - anyone know about sueing people?

long story short, so a good few months back my car was vandilised. i found out who it was reported it to the police, the little ******* admitted it to the police and got repremanded, but i got no compensation to fix my car (justice is served )

i tried to take the people who damaged my car to court but couldnt find one of their addresses, so could not do this. this was at small claims court.

i then phoned up citizens advice who suggested a magistrates court and private prosecution. this could not happen as the police did not take the two vandals to court, he straight away repremanded them.

so then i was stuck and everyone i spoke to told me to speak to other people, so i was going round in circles.

i have recently found someone who knows where the other person lives, and she showed me his house. i couldnt get a house name or number as building work was going on and there was no name or number up at the time. i have two postcodes for the road so know it is one of those two, i have the road name obviously, and i know the house next door is called greenways ( all houses have names so i cant count and number the houses) i also have his vehicle number plate and obviously his name.

so my question is, what can i do to find out his house name or number? all i need is this and then i can take him to a small claims court and sue the 2 ****** for damages.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 12 June 2008, 01:00 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

You might be able to find details of private detectives that do a no trace no fee service.Probably cost about £50

Big question is though,even if you sue and win do you reckon they would have the funds to pay up? Bit annoying when you end up with a paper judgment against worthless grotbags
Old 12 June 2008, 01:07 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Town hall??
Old 12 June 2008, 01:20 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Suing the offender in the civil courts

You have the right to sue the offender in the civil courts whether or not he or she has been convicted in the criminal courts. But it is sensible to get advice from a solicitor before considering this. Some solicitors' firms offer at least half an hour of free advice. Your local branch of Victim Support should be able to tell you which firms do this. You can also find out more about this at your local Citizen's Advice Bureau. When deciding whether or not to sue, you will need to consider the offender's income and how they will pay you the money.
From this site - Compensation

I'll give you a tale of warning however

I was ripped off on Ebay by a ****** who bought my Ipod Touch and used stolen Paypal funds to pay for it. Paypal revoked the funds after the item had already been delivered (Paypal are crooks too )

I tracked said ****** down and took her to the small claims court - I was awarded the full value of the Ipod plus my costs. Anyway, she ignored the judgement and I had to send court bailiffs round at my own expense. They wrote back saying that she was no longer present at the address and they could not find any goods of hers to seize so unless I could track her down to another address it was game over.

Cost inc small claims and bailiffs were over £100 on top of what i'd already lost and I still never got a single penny out of the ******.

It's a crappy situation but make sure they are registered at that address and have funds or goods that can be seized to pay you before you even think of taking them to civil court.

Good luck
Old 12 June 2008, 01:30 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Never mind the courts, just have the toerags kneecapped
Old 12 June 2008, 01:34 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Just knock on the door and ask the number when they reply say something like "oh sorry was looking for number so and so"
Old 12 June 2008, 05:35 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

as matt said but get someone else to do it. or if there car is nice and they love it
Old 12 June 2008, 05:47 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

well i know they still live with their parents, and by looking at the house and the area the house is in, they look like they have money to pay up. if not what goes around comes around....

cheers for the advice though
Old 12 June 2008, 05:53 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they live with their parents, then you can be sure that when the bailiffs arrive, all the properety in the house will belong to the parents.
I'm afraid if you want to get even, you are going to have to break the law.
While I would never condone such behaviour, I would suggest if you feel you have to, spend a goodly amount of time making sure you don't leave any evidence pointing to your good self.
Old 12 June 2008, 05:58 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear about this mate. Have you tried this site you might be able to work out if it's the right house from the map? Hth

Sherlock
Old 12 June 2008, 06:45 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

that is true, but still i know he has a nice shiney new golf GTI. just had a chat with my mum who works in an estate agency, she is going to do what she can to find anything out. only other thing i can think of is to get somebody to knock on the door as if they are looking for some other house an ask what that house name is...

but i have decieded if i do get an address i will go to a subaru bodyshop to get rediculously high quotes, then if i did ge the money, i will then go to a mate of mine who lives locally and get him to do it
Old 12 June 2008, 06:49 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

If they live with their parents, then you can be sure that when the bailiffs arrive, all the properety in the house will belong to the parents.
That's exactly what happened to me, parents also said they hadn't seen their daughter for months and didn't know where she was. How convenient
Old 12 June 2008, 06:54 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Burn the house, with them and the parents in it, it will prevent any more scum being produced by them.

Unfortunately this may have certain consequences though.
Old 12 June 2008, 07:12 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

lol, unless like someone said, makesure i leave no evidence pointing to my GOODself

i like the irony in that statement
Old 12 June 2008, 10:19 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

How do you get a charge agianst someone's address this would be a right nitemare for the parents......... Report to experian if you have the ccj.....
Screwing someones credit rating would be VERY expensive if they ever wanted a mortgage in the future....

Any thoughts?
Old 13 June 2008, 09:05 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Burn the house down and wait for them to run out.....then go....."oh thats where you live!"
Old 13 June 2008, 09:28 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Can't you address it to 'the house to the left of Greenways'

Ask the postie?

No need to thank me for my moment of genius
Old 13 June 2008, 11:35 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

put your own name on it "scumways" for example and then send it to them!

5t.
Old 13 June 2008, 12:34 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Can't you address it to 'the house to the left of Greenways'

Ask the postie?

No need to thank me for my moment of genius

Old 14 June 2008, 12:25 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

zip ties , gaffer tape and a hired transit van on fake plates normally does the trick ..