Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I'm drunk and bored

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2008, 12:07 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm drunk and bored

Well chums were do I start? well many moons ago i used to take drugs and listen to dance music and was very much a single bloke living the life of a FREE man. I didn't have a career nor a house nor anything really other than my Pioneer CDJ800's, Numark TT200's, Vestax Mixer and my well powerful Technics Hifi. It was the happiest days of my life when me and my mate Dave used to think we were COOL.

Now i have a career, I earn twice what i earnt a year ago. I have a Marantz and Monitor Audio HiFi, rent a lovely house and have a beautiful girlfriend but why do i wish I was back in the hard up days taking drugs and listening to Marco V?

might as well go to bed now
Old 09 June 2008, 12:09 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because woman spoil everything everything else you mentioned only makes you happy
Old 09 June 2008, 12:20 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Just marry her, then divorce her and you'll be back to where you were. Sorted!
Old 09 June 2008, 12:22 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

personally i think you right but i have to factor in the follow
A: can i be bothered to iron my own shirts?
B: do I really want to cook for myself again?
C: Would anyone else hack me?

The answer to all of the above it more than likely NO! so i'll stick to were i am.

To be controversial though. I used to take alot of Exstacy etc. and i never became addicted nor did it wreck my life. Infact i have a good memory of about 3years of pure fun at the weekends. I get told alot that a wasted my youth by doing all this ****e, but i personally think i used my youth to the max because now i generally focus on other things whereas all the do gooder ******* i went to school with are now all in **** jobs and becoming alcholics!

SO

F U C K ' E M i say
Old 09 June 2008, 12:30 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
all the do gooder ******* i went to school with are now ... becoming alcholics!
What was the title of this thread?
Old 09 June 2008, 12:40 AM
Cyril Robertson
Scooby Regular

Nostalgia, my friend !
Old 09 June 2008, 12:42 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

That's one up from me: I'm bored AND sober

Seems someone bought a case of cobra lager: Fine. Apart from its alcohol free.

I don't know if it was an accident, some sick joke, or a hint that maybe I drink too much

So, what now? Reminisce? OK then....well, during the war ( )....

Life was going on roadtrips to somewhere random in the old xr3, DIY raves/rock concerts in fields, passing out on a deck chair and only waking up when its dawn or raining. College parties, and the weekly ****-up down at the local underager's pub. Beer money was sourced by valeting cars and the only worries in my life were college assignments, the lack of a 3rd gear on my car and what replacement transistors I needed to repair my antique Sony Hi-Fi. Audio utopia was my dads old Technics, which I would nick every now and again and wreck every speaker that I connected to it (or at least get a smell of burning rosin).

Back then I would be known as "that t**t with the car". About right, but "the car" bit summed me up better that the "t**t" bit IMO

Now I have a house I don't live in, one boring car I hate to drive, and another that never moves. Two businesses of which I have no interest in and some new fangled Hi-Fi that sounds nice. Yet I still use the old Sony and have my Dad's Technics on permanent loan - regularly rattling the windows and shaking the floorboards with some old "choon" that sets me off on yet another nostalgia trip.

Oh well, better go to bed; which actually is a bed, not a damp deck chair, someone's sofa/floor or a car seat.
Old 09 June 2008, 12:49 AM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

To be controversial though. I used to take alot of Exstacy etc. and i never became addicted nor did it wreck my life. Infact i have a good memory of about 3years of pure fun at the weekends. I get told alot that a wasted my youth by doing all this ****e, but i personally think i used my youth to the max because now i generally focus on other things whereas all the do gooder ******* i went to school with are now all in **** jobs and becoming alcholics!
Same here fella
Only im now in a sh1te job, and am vertually an alcholic too
(only have the odd 'mad' one at christmas these days )
Altho i totally agree with what your saying
Did have a dam good run of 8 years on the bosh tho looking like this most of the time

Them were the days
Old 09 June 2008, 01:36 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Old 09 June 2008, 07:38 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well chums were do I start? well many moons ago i used to take drugs and listen to dance music and was very much a single bloke living the life of a FREE man. I didn't have a career nor a house nor anything really other than my Pioneer CDJ800's, Numark TT200's, Vestax Mixer and my well powerful Technics Hifi. It was the happiest days of my life when me and my mate Dave used to think we were COOL.

Now i have a career, I earn twice what i earnt a year ago. I have a Marantz and Monitor Audio HiFi, rent a lovely house and have a beautiful girlfriend but why do i wish I was back in the hard up days taking drugs and listening to Marco V?

might as well go to bed now
i hope i end up like you in a years time. youve just spelt my current life out

well i have the beautiful mrs house and job etc, but i want what youve got
Old 09 June 2008, 09:01 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

well aren't I glad I didn't have to rattle into work thismorning! My head is busted