Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Big Brother state, ID card, you were ALL warned!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2008, 01:24 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Brother state, ID card, you were ALL warned!!!

Told you so springs to mind!!!

ID cards 'may be used to spy on us' - MSN News UK - news & weather

blows the

"if you've got nothing to hide, there's nothing to worry about" argument apart.

Its all about control, pure and simple.

Mart
Old 08 June 2008, 01:44 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

It's one thing warning people, but what are you actually doing about it? One assumes you are heeding your own advice on this...
Old 08 June 2008, 02:40 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard on the news today that mp's are concerned we are being turned into a police state
Old 08 June 2008, 03:03 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I heard on the news today that mp's are concerned we are being turned into a police state
That's alright then, with the likely increase in paperwork they'll never be able to properly monitor us....
Old 08 June 2008, 03:31 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

It doesn't really give much more power than is available now: GIve me your mobile number and I could track wherever you are. Find me an image on a CCTV camera and I can track your movements for the rest of eternity (not in real time). I can see the websites you browse, read your email, listen to your telephone conversations. I know what you buy, or if you pay in cash how much cash you pay in and get out of your bank accounts. Give me your car registration and I can track where you drive.

Steve
Old 08 June 2008, 03:38 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boxst
It doesn't really give much more power than is available now: GIve me your mobile number and I could track wherever you are. Find me an image on a CCTV camera and I can track your movements for the rest of eternity (not in real time). I can see the websites you browse, read your email, listen to your telephone conversations. I know what you buy, or if you pay in cash how much cash you pay in and get out of your bank accounts. Give me your car registration and I can track where you drive.

Steve
LOL if i give you the Bar code number off a packet of Condoms,would you be able to know when im having Sex,and who with..
Old 08 June 2008, 03:49 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Steve

GIve me your mobile number and I could track wherever you are.
Only if its turned on matey

Find me an image on a CCTV camera and I can track your movements for the rest of eternity
Only if i am seen by cctv, with my head down, or hood up, you ain't got a chance

Re the rest of the stuff,

Now these are the things that the govstapo, says aren't tracked or used for those purposes.

now who's kidding who

Ive got nothing to hide, but why the hell soul i entrust more of my private data to a bunch of power crazed loons.

if teflon or mc bottle had " the football" , the,d have pressed the button by now,

all in the interests of national saftey of course.

Mart

you going back stateside soon steve?
Old 08 June 2008, 03:50 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
LOL if i give you the Bar code number off a packet of Condoms,would you be able to know when im having Sex,and who with..
I'm not sure we'd want to
Old 08 June 2008, 04:18 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
LOl only after you've paid

Joking aside it makes no real difference if we have the ID cards as we already need to produce our passport, driving licence or other id to do certain things so another card will not IMO make us more or less tracable, either way I am not that fussed.
Old 08 June 2008, 04:56 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
No, but I could certainly know about that nasty rash you got when you forgot to buy them and the medication you took to treat it.

Mart: I've changed jobs (From the company that does quite a lot of what I mentioned above ) to one that is purely EMEA based. There is a meeting in a couple of months though in America. Let me know if you want anything.

Steve
Old 09 June 2008, 10:51 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is worth reading Orwell's "Animal Farm" followed by "1984" and then you will be easily able to work out their secret agenda. Orwell's real name may well be significant as well!

Les
Old 09 June 2008, 11:08 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I recently read 1984 and it was scary

I don't know how we get around not having an id card though - they are going to stop you having a passport if you don't have one. Is it all a rouse to get people to holiday in Torquay?
Old 09 June 2008, 01:28 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by PaulC72
LOl only after you've paid

Joking aside it makes no real difference if we have the ID cards as we already need to produce our passport, driving licence or other id to do certain things so another card will not IMO make us more or less tracable, either way I am not that fussed.
But you don't have to carry them with you at all times under the threat of arrest and detention for 42 days if you don't. Nip out to the paper shop with the 'wrong' jacket on and you might be gone for some time Lose your ID card and you will be virtually housebound until you 'prove' you are who you say you are.
Old 09 June 2008, 02:28 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

so what about us Brits who live abroad but go on holiday to England, will we get arrested at Dover for not having an ID card???
Old 11 June 2008, 04:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
so what about us Brits who live abroad but go on holiday to England, will we get arrested at Dover for not having an ID card???
You will probably be asked for your "papers" at any time on the streets, just like the rest of us Wurzel!

Les
Old 11 June 2008, 08:12 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

The only thing bothering me about it is we will have to pay to have it
Old 12 June 2008, 03:24 AM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

what was that really good Black Sabbath album from the early 70's?

...erm......

Oh Yes!....PARANOID.......
Old 12 June 2008, 07:12 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
The only thing bothering me about it is we will have to pay to have it
Is that really the only thing bothering you about the scheme?
Old 12 June 2008, 07:16 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

It will creep, it will spread, you will have to carry it where ever you go, you could be asked to provide it on request. It is also expected that retail outlets will insist on seeing it before you are allowed to buy anything. The Government are so sure that its fool proof they dont currently have any contingency should some one steal your identity. One IS company were asked to crack a card and duplicate it managed to do it (the first time) in under 30 minutes.

I just wont have one, if they do come in they I'll move abroad.
Old 12 June 2008, 09:48 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

If we all stand together and refuse what can they do, There isn't the room to imprison us all, this is part of the problem now days people don't want to stand up for themselves they would rather moan about it to mates/online etc
We need to start doing something about it, its the same with fuel/council tax etc etc we moan about the prices but do NOTHING about it, the few that do get of there **** end up as a minority and are belittled by others.
Old 12 June 2008, 02:38 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by r32
It will creep, it will spread, you will have to carry it where ever you go, you could be asked to provide it on request. It is also expected that retail outlets will insist on seeing it before you are allowed to buy anything. The Government are so sure that its fool proof they dont currently have any contingency should some one steal your identity. One IS company were asked to crack a card and duplicate it managed to do it (the first time) in under 30 minutes.

I just wont have one, if they do come in they I'll move abroad.
Likelihood is that you'll move right into a society that has the ID system your running away from.
I've carried one constantly for the last six years, yes six years, without ever, and I mean ever in six years, being asked to show it on an impromptu basis.
I have, however, used it to my advantage in situations where my passport/birth certificate would have been required otherwise.

As I've previously intimated, being paranoid is not a reasonable stance or argument.
Old 12 June 2008, 07:56 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

coolangatta - ever heard of STEALTH??

mb
Old 12 June 2008, 08:24 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta
Likelihood is that you'll move right into a society that has the ID system your running away from.
I've carried one constantly for the last six years, yes six years, without ever, and I mean ever in six years, being asked to show it on an impromptu basis.
I have, however, used it to my advantage in situations where my passport/birth certificate would have been required otherwise.

As I've previously intimated, being paranoid is not a reasonable stance or argument.
But you dont live in the UK do you?

Our f*cked up bunch are so paranoid, it will be compulsory, taxed and turned into a criminal offence of you fail to carry one at ALL times,

you can bet your bottom dollar that firms will be set up to carry out random checks, (all for monitoring purposes) to confirm the effectiveness of the scheme)

all fines will be kept by the private firm to cover there setup & running costs. yada yada

Mart
Old 12 June 2008, 08:25 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
It is worth reading Orwell's "Animal Farm" followed by "1984" and then you will be easily able to work out their secret agenda. Orwell's real name may well be significant as well!

Les
The films are pretty good too. Especially 1984 with the late Peter Cushing. 'All animals are equal but some are more equal than others'.
Old 13 June 2008, 02:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
The films are pretty good too. Especially 1984 with the late Peter Cushing. 'All animals are equal but some are more equal than others'.
Wasn't that "Animal Farm"? Same chap wrote it though.

Les
Old 13 June 2008, 02:30 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Leslie
It is worth reading Orwell's "Animal Farm"

Les
Nice try Les, I heard about that one way back when I was attending secondary school and if I didn't see the VHS, there is no way I'm reading the book!
Old 13 June 2008, 05:28 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

This ID card thing is one more opportunity for proper dedicated crims and terrorists to get ahead - and all at the expense of us normal citizens.

Did anyone see that TV prog that got a fake of the home secretary's driving licence made? Utterly convincing and proof that more bits of plastic and computer cataloguing us is futile.

Will Labour listen and can they see the wood from the trees? Nope, and as usual they pi$$ our hard earnt up against the wall. Still ID cards will be jobs for the boys with nice final salary pensions I'm sure

D

Last edited by Diesel; 13 June 2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Big L in liars ;-)
Old 14 June 2008, 12:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
This ID card thing is one more opportunity for proper dedicated crims and terrorists to get ahead - and all at the expense of us normal citizens.

Did anyone see that TV prog that got a fake of the home secretary's driving licence made? Utterly convincing and proof that more bits of plastic and computer cataloguing us is futile.

Will Labour listen and can they see the wood from the trees? Nope, and as usual they pi$$ our hard earnt up against the wall. Still ID cards will be jobs for the boys with nice final salary pensions I'm sure

D
Yes but they don't want to take any notice of the wood anyway Diesel, its all for their own reasons and which are of no advantage to us.

New Scooby 04,

Its an entertaining read -well written

Les