Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone know how to get through to a human at Travelodge ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2008, 08:31 AM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to get through to a human at Travelodge ?

Here's the situation:

My wife stayed at a Travelodge when she was on a course, back in February. This was booked via their web site, and the reservation number was texted to her phone. At the end of her stay she asked for a receipt, and was told that they didn't do receipts, and to contact Customer Services. The receipt is needed so she can claim back the cost.

A receipt can be requested via the website, but you need the reservation number. That number is on a phone which was lost.

I've found a number for Travelodge (08719 848484) but that's only able to do fully automatic queries - I can't find a way to get to a human.

I can see on the website that there is an email address, but a Google search reveals all sorts of sorry tales about emails not being answered. Getting through to talk to someone at this sorry excuse for a company would be very useful !

We have the dates, hotel, and the details given at the time of booking, so it should be possible for them to provide a receipt, yes ? In fact, isn't there a legal obligation for them to be able to provide a reciept ?

Now asking the assembled might of Scoobynet - does anyone know a number that would actually get me to a human in Customer Services ?
Old 04 June 2008, 09:12 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try this - 01844 358500
Old 04 June 2008, 09:52 AM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Thanks ! That number (which appears to be Head Office) and 01844 358749 (Customer services) aren't being picked up. I guess they just don't want to talk to anyone .. grrrrr.
Old 04 June 2008, 10:07 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Do Travelodge employ humans?
Old 04 June 2008, 11:03 AM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
Do Travelodge employ humans?
No evidence so far.
Old 04 June 2008, 11:24 AM
PetesDad
BANNED

I made a complaint last year about a Travelodge I was staying in ....... a 'don't care' attitude was what I got when they finally responded to my e-mail.

However, when you have £19 a night rooms you cannot expect a top service I suppose?
Old 04 June 2008, 11:31 AM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PetesDad
However, when you have £19 a night rooms you cannot expect a top service I suppose?
This was £80 a night, central London prices. But yes, they really don't care at all, and their hotels are widely thought to be rubbish compared to Premier Inns. How they manage to be the brand leader I really don't know...

UPDATE !! Somebody answered the Customer Services number ! I was so shocked I forgot one of the vital pieces of information required, so they are going to ring me back later. I fell for it... so close and yet so far

Last edited by ricardo; 04 June 2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04 June 2008, 12:10 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

£80

I wouldn't be paying a Travelodge more than £19 a night for their rooms to be honest ..... even in London!

I have stayed at these £19 rates quite a few times and at that its great value - but, at a higher price I would expect a higher standard than they can offer.

When on business I (my company) pays around £180 a night ....... but then I am worth it
Old 04 June 2008, 12:15 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> We have the dates, hotel, and the details given at the time of booking, so
> it should be possible for them to provide a receipt, yes ?

Make it up in word, cut and paste the logo from the website??? The sort of people employed to process expense claims probably can't read and even if they can they won't care.
Old 04 June 2008, 12:17 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
> We have the dates, hotel, and the details given at the time of booking, so
> it should be possible for them to provide a receipt, yes ?

Make it up in word, cut and paste the logo from the website??? The sort of people employed to process expense claims probably can't read and even if they can they won't care.
Yeah, good idea that ....... fraud - which is an immediate sacking.

Going from Hotel Guest to Soup Kitchen in one fell swoop
Old 04 June 2008, 02:57 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

UPDATE 2.

I eventually managed to get to a human called Ann, who actually did ring me back as promised. Thank you Ann - it must be hard working for a company that hasn't got a clue.

The details have been passed to the Accounts Department, so I'm now guardedly optimistic that a receipt will be forthcoming eventually.

What a palaver.