Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Paypal/Ebay, just get worse and worse...

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2008, 11:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paypal/Ebay, just get worse and worse...

WTF is this all about.

Just listed a router for sale, and noticed the following message appear. Only on TurboLister I might add too. So might not warn people when listing it via the main site...

BT Home Hub Wireless Router, with Internet Phone
Warning- PayPal may hold some of your payments in your account. PayPal will release the hold when you receive positive feedback or after 21 days without a buyer dispute, claim, chargeback or other action.
Old 20 May 2008, 11:08 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Don't use them then.

I closed my paypal accounts some time ago due to their absolute dire service and ridiculous charges.
Old 20 May 2008, 11:13 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Don't use them then.

I closed my paypal accounts some time ago due to their absolute dire service and ridiculous charges.
Heading the same way mate. Surely their monopoly on the Ebay thing cant be "fair" I know they own both etc, but refusing to offer protection with any other service, its like putting a gun to your head.

Its just a win win win win win win win situation for them and lose..... for the users.
God knows how many thousands they "hold" at a time, building interest, the rediculous rates they take, and as Ebay on both, its double wammy every time you sell something, just to be "protected" which it turns out 9 times out of 10 you are actually NOT !

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Just a shame Ebay is such a handy site at times, for buying and selling. Just wish it was a little more legit.
Ebay owned by Mafia PLC !
Old 20 May 2008, 11:31 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I only really buy cars on ebay, and am quite happy to do a no-sale so the seller doesn't pay the rip-off FVF.

Ebay has become more and more expensive to use over the last couple of years.
Old 21 May 2008, 10:30 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Pretty much given up with them now. Paypal took £15 from me after I cancelled a transaction. When I used their complaints service to get it back I got no response. F*cking crooks.
Old 21 May 2008, 12:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a car off ebay last week that had been relisted due to some moron not turning up to pay for the car 2 weeks in a row. The seller received negative feedback from said moron but was unable to leave negative feedback,apparently ebay have removed the ability for sellers to be able to
Old 21 May 2008, 12:51 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

They both get on my **** fleabay charge for the advert then get a % when the item sells then paypal take there cut - you end up being £8 down on a £60 sale

Trending Topics

Old 21 May 2008, 01:15 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I don't buy anything off ebay anymore. Just too risky with all the scams going on these days.

Closed my PayPal account down for the exact same reason
Old 21 May 2008, 03:14 PM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

The rules for selleers on ebay are about to change. From the 3rd of june it will be compulsory to have paypal as a payment method, eg. you will not be able to list an item unless you say that you can accept paypal as a method of payment.

In March we announced that we’ll require all sellers on eBay.co.uk to offer PayPal as a payment method on their listings. We can now confirm that the requirement will take effect on 3rd June 2008.

We’re making this change as buyers are more confident and likely to buy on eBay, and sellers more likely to see their listings convert into sales, when PayPal is offered as a payment method. It also means we can provide protection to buyers should things go wrong. Currently, over 95% of listings on the site already offer PayPal.
Old 21 May 2008, 03:22 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mannyo
The rules for selleers on ebay are about to change. From the 3rd of june it will be compulsory to have paypal as a payment method, eg. you will not be able to list an item unless you say that you can accept paypal as a method of payment.
Simple, you just post on your ad that you will charge an extra 10% for paypal charges, thatll see em off.
Old 21 May 2008, 03:27 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!)
Simple, you just post on your ad that you will charge an extra 10% for paypal charges, thatll see em off.
Can't - against the rules.

5t.
Old 21 May 2008, 03:57 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I bought a car off ebay last week that had been relisted due to some moron not turning up to pay for the car 2 weeks in a row. The seller received negative feedback from said moron but was unable to leave negative feedback,apparently ebay have removed the ability for sellers to be able to
That sounds very familiar to the situation we're in, guy didn't turn up to pick a car up after he had won the auction, after constant emails from us for 14 days - with no response - we left him negative feedback and opened an unpaid item dispute. He then decided to leave us negative feedback saying that he had come to pick the car up, but it was a write-off and that we were liars - ebay won't remove the feedback without us basically going through the courts to get a ruling asking them to remove it, what a f**king joke!

You can respond to feedback once but that is it!
Old 21 May 2008, 04:20 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

For higher priced stuff I put in big letters NO PAYPAL
Works for me- cant be bothered to remove it individually.
If anyone pays by paypal i refund it instantly.
Old 21 May 2008, 05:55 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I guess offering it, and accepting it are different things lol. You can always reverse payment and insist on another form of payment.

Interesting to see that "The Final Word" in Auto Trader this week is about.... PAYPAL !! And how USELESS they are at dealing with disputes etc.

In the meantime they have replied to my email asking if I will get the interest on them holding my funds telling me on this occasion they dont think I will be affected by this rule, and it only applies to a minority. However no acknowledgement of IF they pay up on the interest.

Legalised theft!
Old 21 May 2008, 10:30 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

They are becoming an absolute joke.

I sold a nav monitor for an X5 recently, all tested and working. Buyer emailed me to tell me he had fitted it, all working perfectly, and asking if I knew anyone that could repair his old unit. Also left feedback saying all working perfectly.

I get an email later that week saying that he hadn't actually tested it when he told me it worked perfectly- and he wanted to return it for a refund- which I obviously refused as I reckon he's trying to send his broken original. He then complains to Paypal 'substantially not as described' and after a few emails he escalates to a claim... and then paypal say they will investigate within 30 days during which the funds are frozen.

Now here's the real annoying bit- I bought some 'brand new in box' video gear that was obviosuly second hand. Did the same thing with paypal- substantially not as described- and the second I changed the status from 'dispute' to 'claim' paypal immediately closed the case in the sellers favour saying they're not able to make judgement on descriptions....
Old 21 May 2008, 10:43 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

The best bit is when their systems that they put in place are breached and de-frauded, and they then pass that cost of the fraud onto you!

I would never use again, or advise anyone to ever use them. The ebay/paypal beast is now so massive that it runs only for profit and **** anything that gets in the way of their %
Old 21 May 2008, 10:45 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Makes me wonder at times if Paypal tell the claimant the claim failed, and the seller the payment was reversed and just pocket the soddin money!