Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A rather vain ( or vein!!) question...

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2008, 11:24 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A rather vain ( or vein!!) question...

Has anyone had (or know of anybody) who has had laser treatment for little thread veins on their face?

I have a couple of spider veins on my cheek - and being a pale skinned ginge, it shows up more than it probably would on a 'normal' person..

I know it's not life threatening, and is only a question of vanity, but I am thinking of having laser treatment to remove/reduce them - apparently it works better on pale skin

I was wondering at cost - there seem to be loads of websites but none give any idea of cost
...and hopefully any recommendations of places of where anyone has had it done, and been satisified with the outcome...you read so many horror stories, I would rather go where someone has been before

TIA
Old 18 May 2008, 11:27 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Just get a full facial tattoo to cover it

Can you not just slap on some sort of foundation/concealer/make-up rather than going under the knife (laser)?

Then again at your age, surely vanity is wasted. You'll be getting saggy soon
Old 18 May 2008, 11:29 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Well I think you are gorgeous the way you are
Old 18 May 2008, 11:32 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't

Then again at your age, surely vanity is wasted. You'll be getting saggy soon
How bleddy well dare you to talk such stuff about SN's hottest babe
Old 18 May 2008, 11:36 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
How bleddy well dare you to talk such stuff about SN's hottest babe
Easily. I do it just like I did. Anyway, she knows that I like to wind her up about her age. She knows I'm kidding
Old 18 May 2008, 11:39 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Easily. I do it just like I did. Anyway, she knows that I like to wind her up about her age. She knows I'm kidding
Not her fault she's old I suppose
Old 19 May 2008, 09:04 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Anna I have some on my cheek too, they've been there for as long as I can remember and I used to be completely paranoid about them The nice thing about getting old though is that the worries about the wrinkles far outweigh the spider veins, and in fact now my wrinkles are so considerable that they draw all the attention away from the spiders

Trending Topics

Old 19 May 2008, 04:08 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

my aunty had it done not sure where but you could tell the difference but after about 7-8 months they came back.

HTH

Steph xx
Old 19 May 2008, 04:12 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be interested in this, I'm a still a young chap but I got this spider vein-ey thing that is right in the middle of my forehead, does my nut in. I have a skinhead so it kinda makes me look like a Buddhist monk or sommat lol
Old 19 May 2008, 09:51 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

SW and Tam - you buggars - I'm only (only!!) 29!

Tam -

Sal - i'm just really concious of it to the point of when I look in a mirror ( that would be the safety glass one which won't break lol) it stands out to me and I hate it... my confidence in myself isn't the greatest, and I thought it might be one step to feeling a bit happier in my own skin so to speak.

Some wrinkles look really cute - can't say the same about spiders thoughy

Last edited by little-ginge; 19 May 2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 19 May 2008, 10:08 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you actually discussed it with your doctor. I'm not sure if it is even possible, but if it making you so unhappy, perhaps something can be done on the NHS, or they may point you in the right direction. I'm sure you are lovely, but if it's making you self concious, then surely it's worth asking.
Old 19 May 2008, 10:46 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Have you actually discussed it with your doctor. I'm not sure if it is even possible, but if it making you so unhappy, perhaps something can be done on the NHS, or they may point you in the right direction. I'm sure you are lovely, but if it's making you self concious, then surely it's worth asking.
Good point, Lisa. I hadn't even considered going down that route, but i can but try
Old 19 May 2008, 11:21 PM
Lisawrx

I have some on my legs, but I'll probably end up leaving them, as they never go on show, but when I was talking to someone at work, they suggested asking the doctor. I hadn't even considered that. TBH, I have more on my mind at the minute, but I think once I hopefully sort out the other medical stuff, I might ask, can't hurt. Think I'll ask about the varicous(sp) one first though.

Hopefully they can help, failing that go on that embarrassing illness programme and get it sorted for free (not that it's anything to be embarrassed about)
Old 19 May 2008, 11:30 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
I have some on my legs, but I'll probably end up leaving them, as they never go on show, but when I was talking to someone at work, they suggested asking the doctor. I hadn't even considered that. TBH, I have more on my mind at the minute, but I think once I hopefully sort out the other medical stuff, I might ask, can't hurt. Think I'll ask about the varicous(sp) one first though.

Hopefully they can help, failing that go on that embarrassing illness programme and get it sorted for free (not that it's anything to be embarrassed about)
I'd be too embarressed to go on the embaressing illness programme... thats more ******* and droopy lady bits

I'm only looking into it at the moment - as with you there are other things which are more important going on in my life atm, but I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask..just in case
Old 19 May 2008, 11:42 PM
Lisawrx

Definately ask, as we both say it can't hurt. You ask your doctor, and tell me what he says, then I may look into to it too.

I think I'm getting on my doctors nerves at the moment, so I don't want to ask about it right now.
Old 19 May 2008, 11:52 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I only went today as well - i should have thought really
Old 20 May 2008, 12:02 AM
Lisawrx

Not to worry hun, just ask next time. I can't say they'll do it for nothing, but at least they might be able to get you looking in the right direction, rather than paying over the odds. Good luck, but really, don't get too down about it, I bet you are lovely, and remember, what you may notice as a problem, most others won't.