Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where did the bradford accident scams thread go ?

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2008, 10:54 AM
mmuuzzyy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did the bradford accident scams thread go ?

I was reading it yesterday morning at work and got to page 2..... checked the link again this morning to finish reading the thread and it says it doesnt exist.

Has the thread been deleted ?
Old 03 May 2008, 10:56 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

maybe becuase it turned into a race debate ?
Old 03 May 2008, 10:59 AM
mmuuzzyy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
maybe becuase it turned into a race debate ?

didnt get that far on the thread.... but cheers for letting me know
Old 03 May 2008, 11:20 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Vaped because of complaints.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...rd-thread.html
Old 03 May 2008, 05:07 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it was me that started the thread after my accident? - not heard anything yet from the 3rd party but will keep evryone informed as soon as i do

i'm going to lose my £100 monthly bonus because of this
Old 03 May 2008, 05:20 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Well to all you Guardian readers who complained!
Old 03 May 2008, 05:40 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I read most of the threads yesterday and thought it was a good thread. Very similar thing happened to my brother in Luton a few years ago.
Old 03 May 2008, 06:51 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

I never replied on the original thread but the same thing happened to me and my insurance company were very helpful.They had a proper investigation as the claims for damage and injuries were delivered to me less than 2 days after the accident.In that time the 4 in the car had seen a doctor,had the car inspected and seen a solicitor in manchester(over 200 miles from me) and used royal mail to get the letter to my house.I had a visit from 2 different investigators who took statements and both gave me the same look when I had to give them a description of the 3rd party.
If your insurance company is any good they will fight so hopefully you will get some good news.
I had my renewal through the other day and it had not gone up so it is not all bad news.
Old 04 May 2008, 10:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I read most of the threads yesterday and thought it was a good thread. Very similar thing happened to my brother in Luton a few years ago.
I think you will find SN's ruthlessly efficient PC police let the thread get nasty and some choice comments - then struck with a raft of complains to get it locked Method or plannin in thier madess i wonder?!?

The thing is the bradistan insurance scam (that rhymes, i'm chuffed) goes on, if you mention it or talk openly about it you might well end up being labelled a racist and with that card being played at tthe police on a regular basis - no wonder it goes on.

I am 100% sure not all Pakistanis are involed or condone it yet a blind eye by some seems to be used and it is allowed to go on, causing more tension and mistrust. How can this be good for anyone...

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 May 2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04 May 2008, 11:55 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

heres the bones of it for anyone who is not aware
Fraud gangs 'stage car crashes'
watch his space it is coming to a town near you
Old 04 May 2008, 12:11 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I think you will find SN's ruthlessly efficient PC police let the thread get nasty and some choice comments - then struck with a raft of complains to get it locked Method or plannin in thier madess i wonder?!?

The thing is the bradistan insurance scam (that rhymes, i'm chuffed) goes on, if you mention it or talk openly about it you might well end up being labelled a racist and with that card being played at tthe police on a regular basis - no wonder it goes on.

I am 100% sure not all Pakistanis are involed or condone it yet a blind eye by some seems to be used and it is allowed to go on, causing more tension and mistrust. How can this be good for anyone...

You're right Paul not all Pakistanis are either involved nor condone such downright scurrilous behaviour. However it is a chain that is involved in these scams (and no I'm no expert but have enough gumption to work it out), a chain which will involve people of other backgrounds. People who may be white, black or beige. So to completely lay the blame at one group is unfair although admittedly one group is more involved at the preliminary stage it seems. Along the chain everyone will be getting their pound of flesh.

The galling thing is no law is being broken. The law presupposes innocence and assumes everyone is telling the truth if backed with 'dodgy' evidence. Therefore it is the law that needs changing. Limit personal injury claims. Do away with whiplash claims, the world and his wife claims this even for a tap. This includes plenty of non pakistanis. Infact I think we ought to have two seperate policies. One that covers the car and one for injury cover. You must insure yourself for injury cover even if it is a non fault accident. For example someone goes into you they are liable for the car but you must have your own insurance to cover your 'injuries'. This would cut down on people suddenly 'braking' in front of you. Just some ideas.
Old 04 May 2008, 12:36 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Same result.They pays their monies and makes the claim with the assistance of the no win no fee brigade and the ones involved i presume are dodgy aswell.I live in bradford and when you drive into the shady areas these claim establishments all have new range rovers/ porches with expensive personal reg,s parked outside, trade must be booming ??????
Old 04 May 2008, 02:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

If it happens to me, I would consider just driving off, over a couple of them, whatever colour they are, I would take serious offence at someone so prepared to cause me to crash my car, its being regarded primarily as being a fraud crime, its not, its a violent crime, potentially airbags going off, possibly swerving to avoid hitting something or somebody. They do this to people seemingly at random, it would probably kill my grandad, can they tell if a woman is pregnant from the rear view mirror ?

So, do yourself a favour, when they get out, run the f*ckers over, you can always say you thought it was a gang attacking you.

I can see how someone who has had this happen could have justifiable grounds to feel anger towards the perpetrators, especially if you hear its one section of society that commits this type of crime, if you want acceptance and to be treated as any other person, this is not the way to win people over.

Its also not helpful to launch into a racist tirade on a thread as it gets vaped, spoiling an otherwise useful debate.
Old 04 May 2008, 02:27 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by J4CKO
If it happens to me, I would consider just driving off, over a couple of them, whatever colour they are, I would take serious offence at someone so prepared to cause me to crash my car, its being regarded primarily as being a fraud crime, its not, its a violent crime, potentially airbags going off, possibly swerving to avoid hitting something or somebody. They do this to people seemingly at random, it would probably kill my grandad, can they tell if a woman is pregnant from the rear view mirror ?

So, do yourself a favour, when they get out, run the f*ckers over, you can always say you thought it was a gang attacking you.

I can see how someone who has had this happen could have justifiable grounds to feel anger towards the perpetrators, especially if you hear its one section of society that commits this type of crime, if you want acceptance and to be treated as any other person, this is not the way to win people over.

Its also not helpful to launch into a racist tirade on a thread as it gets vaped, spoiling an otherwise useful debate.
That's not a bad idea Jacko. If it happened a few times then it may deter idiots from doing it.
Old 04 May 2008, 05:20 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

this time im going to stay silent but i think its a disgrace

if it happened to me i would be at blame for the claim .
Old 04 May 2008, 06:25 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Isnt political correctness wonderful ! We all know which part of society is responsible for these scams in these specific areas, just like we know there is a percentage of 'them' who drive flash cars at a young age with no insurance, MOT, details in another family members name etc...

But god forbid we should mention who 'they' are as it would be racist ?!?!?

Just think, if this sort of PC nonsense was going on 70 or so years ago, we wouldnt be able to say a word against tall, blonde, blue eyed Europeans, or short dark haired men with funny moustaches.
Old 04 May 2008, 08:27 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Isnt political correctness wonderful ! We all know which part of society is responsible for these scams in these specific areas, just like we know there is a percentage of 'them' who drive flash cars at a young age with no insurance, MOT, details in another family members name etc...

Just think, if this sort of PC nonsense was going on 70 or so years ago, we wouldnt be able to say a word against tall, blonde, blue eyed Europeans, or short dark haired men with funny moustaches.
Yes we all do "know" who we are talking about, but in this mad and crazy world it seems we are not allowed to speak freely and state our opinion, be it right or wrong when the subject matter involves race.

There is such a strong feeling of resentment to the way that this country and government bows to PC pressure and allows minorities to rule the majorities way of life, that I forsee an immense backlash at some point. Unfortunately this backlash will either be subdued or labelled 'racist' when in fact it should be a warning across the bows that the majority are fed up to the back teeth with the amount of cottonwooling and gaging that goes on in todays society.

Unfortunately the extreme view is fostered by such movements as the BNP, which whilst incredibly unsavoury , feeds of the majorities frustration at being steamrollered by a small proportion of bloody do-gooders.

Me, I prefer to live my life by sticking to some simple principles. If I want to call a spade a spade, or a blackboard a blackboard, I will ****ing call it that and bugger the consequences. As far as I am concerned the minority can stick their ill-advised ideals up where it dosent shine and I shall carry on regardless.

As for the thread being vaped, well it is just a simple example of how a small group can wield some control over such a large group of individuals.
Let them carry on with their small victory, it makes them feel satisfied....
Old 04 May 2008, 09:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Yes we all do "know" who we are talking about, but in this mad and crazy world it seems we are not allowed to speak freely and state our opinion, be it right or wrong when the subject matter involves race.

There is such a strong feeling of resentment to the way that this country and government bows to PC pressure and allows minorities to rule the majorities way of life, that I forsee an immense backlash at some point. Unfortunately this backlash will either be subdued or labelled 'racist' when in fact it should be a warning across the bows that the majority are fed up to the back teeth with the amount of cottonwooling and gaging that goes on in todays society.

Unfortunately the extreme view is fostered by such movements as the BNP, which whilst incredibly unsavoury , feeds of the majorities frustration at being steamrollered by a small proportion of bloody do-gooders.

Me, I prefer to live my life by sticking to some simple principles. If I want to call a spade a spade, or a blackboard a blackboard, I will ****ing call it that and bugger the consequences. As far as I am concerned the minority can stick their ill-advised ideals up where it dosent shine and I shall carry on regardless.

As for the thread being vaped, well it is just a simple example of how a small group can wield some control over such a large group of individuals.

Swiss, I am with you, i.e in the sentiments of this post, some of your others have been a bit near the bone based on anger. We as white blokes are no better than anyone else, but we have the right to say our piece, we don't want to blow airliners up to be heard but we want to maintain our right of reply without being silenced on grounds of racism when we want to voice an opinion about somebody or a group that is not a white heterosexual male.

I personally don't consider myself racist, but I strongly object to having the p1ss taken by others because I have been backed into a corner by those so eager to accommodate and placate minorities when the actual minority in question is prepared to take the assistance and then dump on their benefactors from a great height.

Be nobody's fool, and if it does come to a fight, you might not win but be the best second they have ever had, remember that your real adversaries are in your own camp in this country, doing minorities a disservice by allowing them to make themselves unpopular with the general (read white, we are still a majority) public, allowing this kind of crime to go on, making money from the no win no fee is almost worse than the original crime, they may make a lot of money out of it but there is a bigger cost to society than if they said no, so I suppose next time you rear end some Asian's I expect you are also being rear ended by a white lawyer as well, and that is the c*nt that needs a baseball bat to the back of the head.
Old 04 May 2008, 10:43 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman1
heres the bones of it for anyone who is not aware
Fraud gangs 'stage car crashes'
watch his space it is coming to a town near you
Reading the article it mentions -
Last December it was revealed unsuspecting motorists were facing claims of thousands of pounds for whiplash injuries after a number of staged `accidents' between the Bingley relief road roundabout and the Magnet roundabout at Crossflatts.

my "accident" was on the magnet roundabout under the exact circumstances as in the article - the other party slammed on deliberatly

thanks for putting the link up as i'll forward it to my boss who will pass it onto the company insurer and solicitor
Old 04 May 2008, 10:52 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some very interesting and varying points raised.

I've met/encountered many people who, as Maz would say, "look like Paki's". I don't know whether any of them were from Pakistan, but they all have a similar tan.

The way I see it, if there is a high concentration of people of the same creed in an area, then there will be scoundrels amongst it.

It doesn't make the creed bad, just that there is some bad 'uns.

It doesn't matter whether referring to English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Asian, Australian, Iranian, Iraqi whatever .............. It doesn't matter. There's people in the communities, or in the countries mentioned and more, that just want to commit crimes.

It's about time we got past the PC bullspit and got back to, as Swiss said, call a spade a spade.

There's a big difference between racism and generalisation.

Think that makes sense.

Micky
Old 05 May 2008, 10:30 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

It was deleted due to the disgraceful racism displayed by people who should know better.

I for one complained about it, but would have preferred for just the racist comments to be removed, but that's not up to me.

There was no 'race debate' as such, just ignorant people spouting off, while hiding behind their keyboards, if you ask me.

This is a shame as it was a useful topic about a crime being committed. It informed us to who the victims were, where it was happening, and who the perpetrators were. Where it went wrong was where it turned into a magnet for those who say unbelievable things, when if the same was said about white or English people, there would be an almighty outcry.

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 10:33 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Well to all you Guardian readers who complained!
Why do you revel in talking such rubbish Pete?

I (regularly, but not everyday) read the FT, The Times, and the Daily Mail, not the Guardian.

What's your point?

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 10:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
It was deleted due to the disgraceful racism displayed by people who should know better.

I for one complained about it, but would have preferred for just the racist comments to be removed, but that's not up to me.

There was no 'race debate' as such, just ignorant people spouting off, while hiding behind their keyboards, if you ask me.

This is a shame as it was a useful topic about a crime being committed. It informed us to who the victims were, where it was happening, and who the perpetrators were. Where it went wrong was where it turned into a magnet for those who say unbelievable things, when if the same was said about white or English people, there would be an almighty outcry.

Asif
Asif

to balance that.

Any thread that mention the bnp have more than their fair share of people who will rip into them and the people who support the BNP, right or wrong so that is not exactly true.

Same goes for chavs, chavs are mostly a white phenomenon and are regularly ripped to bits for their behaviour and illegal activities, spitting out kids to get money, etc.

There where some unsavoury comments on that thread that show frustration as much as anything those problems like the Bradistan insurance scam and that this is allowed to continue.

People are also frustrated at the lack of integration and that areas of immigrant population exist where the laws and customs and in some cases the language of the land do not appear to applied, respected or even enforced.
This is partly down the immigrant population, more down the leftie fools that allowed this to happen in the first place.

Last edited by The Zohan; 05 May 2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05 May 2008, 10:43 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Paul,

What are you talking about? Your post makes little sense. No one forced anyone to make racist comments. In fact the posters of that were particuarly proud and forceful of their 'achievement'.

No one is being labelled racist unless they deserved it to be honest. Do you think SwissTony's comments were acceptable then, or somehow misunderstood?

We ARE discussing it openly and no one who does so will be labelled as racist or anything such.

The mere fact that people can so easily sit in judgement (as you have in the last paragraph of this post) any ethnic minority, is WRONG! Can you not see that? Especially if you are then using the worst examples you can find to judge the rest against!

No one sits in judgement of white/English people do they?

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 10:45 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Asif

to balance that.

Any thread that mention the bnp have more than their fair share of people who will rip into them and the people who support the BNP, right or wrong so that is not exactly true.

Same goes for chavs, chavs are mostly a white phenomenon and are regularly ripped to bits for their behaviour and illegal activities, spitting out kids to get money, etc.

There where some unsavoury comments on that thread that show frustration as much as anything those problems like the Bradistan insurance scam and that this is allowed to continue.

People are also frustrated at the lack of integration and that areas of immigrant population exist where the laws and customs and in some cases the language of the land do not appear to applied, respected or even enforced.
This is partly down the immigrant population, more down the leftie fools that allowed this to happen in the first place.
Paul,

Our last two posts crossed over.

I completely agree with the above, but that is a million miles away from why the previous thread got deleted.

And as I said, I wish the thread had been left open, just the offending comments removed. But frankly there were so many I am not surprised.

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 10:57 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff

Mike,

Its not about being PC, the comments made were 100% unnacceptable, by any measure.

It's the same PC 'nonsense' that has resulted in making jokes about Welshmen ******** sheep to be deemed unnacceptable. Is that good or bad?

And I am not talking about having a joke between you and your friends, it's about making the wrong type of comment, in the wrong arena.

Is your last comment saying that PC would have prevented us going to war in 1939? I think that is a little off the mark to be honest.

WWII was 100% justified in its day. If now is the terrible 'tyranny of PC' as you say, it certainly didn't help to stop the Iraq War did it? A war with absolutely no justification whatsoever and one that we had to be lied to for us to accept it (initially).

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 11:06 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

So why didn'y you say that previously? Perhaps the thread would still be here and we could carry on discussing it?

You are responsible for the thread going, don't try to blame other people. Your lack of self control and refusal to engage your brain before typing was what caused it, nothing else.

Your 'racist' post in the other thread single handedly makes an open and shut case for the PC Brigade, it's what they feed off.

I'd love to know how I (a 'minority') rule the lives of the white majority in this country. Please tell me.

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 11:15 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Some very interesting and varying points raised.

I've met/encountered many people who, as Maz would say, "look like Paki's". I don't know whether any of them were from Pakistan, but they all have a similar tan.

The way I see it, if there is a high concentration of people of the same creed in an area, then there will be scoundrels amongst it.

It doesn't make the creed bad, just that there is some bad 'uns.

It doesn't matter whether referring to English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Asian, Australian, Iranian, Iraqi whatever .............. It doesn't matter. There's people in the communities, or in the countries mentioned and more, that just want to commit crimes.

It's about time we got past the PC bullspit and got back to, as Swiss said, call a spade a spade.

There's a big difference between racism and generalisation.

Think that makes sense.

Micky
Hello Micky,

That's where I am coming from.

The point is that insurance scams have been going on for years, everybody (every part of society) does them.

Car's have been found 'stolen', dumped, then set ablaze, in every part of the country for many years now, who was perpetrating that?

You know, over the last 20 odd years of driving, amongst various accidents, I have been deliberately hit, on two occasions, by white blokes, for no reason other than I was passing them in a better car then they had. When I say passing I mean passing, as in another lane, as opposed to overtaking them.

They deliberately hit me on those two occasions.

Now, going by some of the logic being displayed here and the deleted thread, I can clearly state that obviously ALL white guys just want to run me off the road, wouldn't you say?

It is ridiculous and always something that will annoy the pants off me.

Asif
Old 05 May 2008, 11:16 AM
mal_howarth
Scooby Regular

"I'd love to know how I (a 'minority') rule the lives of the white majority in this country. Please tell me.

Asif"

Quite simple really it's called "over protection" the fear by Police or otherwise to act in case racial tension is raised
Old 05 May 2008, 11:19 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Let's get a few facts straight Chris. I see very little that can be done in the way of silencing people. People will always say what they want to, irrespective of law, PC claptrap etc. Infact this thread is carrying on in the very same vein as the one that got deleted, people making the same comments others making veiled references. The bowing down to minorities/PC do gooders is also a little bit of a contentious issue. The majority of these directives come from WHITE middle class think tanks. No one seems to ask those directly affected what they think.
Instances like banning Christmas decorations and banning Baa Baa Black Sheep. Such measures are inconceivably stupid and I doubt any sane 'minority' would want them banned. Call me cynical but I think some of these suggestions may have an underlying motive. Get the great unwashed foaming at the mouth and it certainly seems to be working.
The BNP does make some credible and plausible suggestions and some of their policies do have a common sense approach. However the extreme element within this organisation will not see them in power for at least a generation or two. How can someone vote for a party whose deputy described Hitler as a great man, akin to big pebble amongst many small ones on a beach. One which is instantly noticeable because of it's size and prominence. You want people like this in power?
I along with many many others am fed up with a lot of the crap ensuing in society. Be it Asian people taking the p!ss, white people generalisng with their syllogistic rantings and the Government doing little to address any problems. I'm as old fashioned as the next man and will not bow down to any PC claptrap. A case in point was when our local school tried banning the three little pigs as it may offend some. Come on 'purleeze!' I told the head teacher in no uncertain terms the consequence of such stupid actions. Suffice to say the storybooks are still in the school
Ultimately we all live under the same sky and breathe the same air. All races have their crosses to bear and we all have our prejudices. Call it instinct call it tribalism it comes to the fore quite easily. Our efforts must be directed in the right direction not at each other.

Quick Reply: Where did the bradford accident scams thread go ?