New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best driving school advert EVER! PMSL

YouTube - Top Driver School - Bad Teacher Example

Old 02 May 2008, 04:32 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

My mate (SteveChaps on here) told me that his instructor in the 70's kept a telescopic radio aerial at hand and rapped his knuckles if he did something wrong I can imagine the law suit now

I couldn't do the job if I wasn't allowed my large latte to get me through each lesson
Old 02 May 2008, 04:42 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
My mate (SteveChaps on here) told me that his instructor in the 70's kept a telescopic radio aerial at hand and rapped his knuckles if he did something wrong I can imagine the law suit now

I couldn't do the job if I wasn't allowed my large latte to get me through each lesson
More like a large whiskey. A friend of mine used to be a driving instructor. As I mentioned on another thread the only advantage was the opportunity to perve at 18 year olds. The actual lessons were horrible and he had to give up with nervous tension (read: Fear of dying at the hands of some incompetent) in the end.

Steve
Old 02 May 2008, 04:55 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I've been doing the job for 2 years now and if you keep control of the lesson and teach well enough there is no need for fear. I anticipate all the potential danger from outside and how they might get it wrong well in advance and have rarely been in a dangerous position. The occasional emergency stop mid-roundabout can worry you though.

As for perving, yeah but as a realist I know full well that any 18yo girl finding my fat, middle-aged body and boring persona attractive is a rare beast, and they tend to dress appropriately for the task in hand, unfortunately
Old 02 May 2008, 06:23 PM
New_scooby_04

As for perving, yeah but as a realist I know full well that any 18yo girl finding my fat, middle-aged body and boring persona attractive is a rare beast, and they tend to dress appropriately for the task in hand, unfortunately
Photos from Rita, Sue and Bob Too

Old 02 May 2008, 10:11 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I still remember my driving test. I got an old examiner (aren't they all). As we proceeded down the high street all the traffic cleared up, so he decided to do the emergency stop test.... He looks in the mirror to make sure nothing is behind. Looks forward and tells me when he places his hand on the dash he wants me to stop. He looks back in the mirror, and while still looking in the mirror puts his hand on the dash.

Next thing I hear is a thud as his face eats my windscreen

After coming to a full stop I just sat there, both hands on the wheel desperately looking straight ahead. The examiner adjusts himself and says "I think you passed that one".
Old 02 May 2008, 11:13 PM
mike h
Scooby Regular

my instructor kept hold of his lighter during my lessons. He used to burn my hand when i left it on the gearstick!
Old 02 May 2008, 11:14 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

I've been doing the job for 2 years now and if you keep control of the lesson and teach well enough there is no need for fear. I anticipate all the potential danger from outside and how they might get it wrong well in advance and have rarely been in a dangerous position. The occasional emergency stop mid-roundabout can worry you though.

Turn the heaters up
Old 02 May 2008, 11:48 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Roo
Turn the heaters up
Or down

Old 03 May 2008, 08:43 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

My driving examiner was an old guy - he was pretty cool though. As soon as he got in the car I told him to buckle up he had a woman driver - i chatted to him constantly and probably chewed his ears off LOL.

My test lasted 36 minutes in total - and I passed 1st time with no incidents at all - although when i was paralell parking I bumped the kerb - i did try to insist it was a large hedgehog - which he did find quite amusing