Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay user, stalling for time maybe ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2008, 07:20 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay user, stalling for time maybe ?

I have just purchased a pair of rear lights for the new car.
The auction was for 1 unit, but says clearly in the auction, both sides available, please state which you require.

So I bought the one, contacted them asking for a pair. Auction states free postage on second item. So on Paypal I sent them the total of 2 items + 1 postage charge.

A day later I get a reply to my Paypal payment. Now on my copy it clearly shows the notes I sent them, however on the version they have replied to me on, the note is missing.

Also their reply states...

Thank you for your payment for the above item. Please can you confirm which side you require?

There will be a delay in your item being posted until we have your response.
Naturally, being the non working bum that I am, I have replied immediatly, via both email and Ebay.

Something tells me they dont have them in stock and are just stalling for time. So why not just be honest about it. Instead of making it look like I have done something wrong.

Planks !
Old 30 April 2008, 07:24 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I hate Ebay timewasters...

I just sold an item for £500 to some twonk with no feedback, and he want's to collect at the weekend..... what's the betting I never see the ****!!

And some bird bid £499 (which he beat by £1) and she had over 500 purchases and 100% feedback

It's a must.... but FFS it's aweful to have to use
Old 30 April 2008, 07:27 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Agreed totally.

Sellers that never reply to messages, then items go unsold and get relisted.
Sellers that reply once then ignore you.

Buyers that waste your time all through the auction asking all sorts of questions then never even bid.
Watchers who just add you to the watch list then you get no bids, but 19 watchers !! lol

A company that protects theives, promotes scamming, and robs from the sellers twice per transaction, then offers no protection to you when you get scammed.
Old 30 April 2008, 07:28 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Gene

Snazy - you should have contacted them prior to bidding ... they'll probably want to set up another auction for the second lot, and then get someone they know to bid against you so to try and rip you off, I bet
Old 30 April 2008, 07:34 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Gene
little sexy ginge
Old 30 April 2008, 07:37 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Gene

Snazy - you should have contacted them prior to bidding ... they'll probably want to set up another auction for the second lot, and then get someone they know to bid against you so to try and rip you off, I bet
lol aint that the truth.
I will give them til the end of tomorrow, then their inbox wont know whats hit them. And if I can get a phone number for them, it can only get worse !!
Dont like messers !
Old 30 April 2008, 08:37 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
A company that protects theives, promotes scamming, and robs from the sellers twice per transaction, then offers no protection to you when you get scammed.

And then contacts you because you have the word 'Ebay' in a domain you might own, and threatens to take you to the cleaners as well !!
Old 30 April 2008, 09:11 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
And then contacts you because you have the word 'Ebay' in a domain you might own, and threatens to take you to the cleaners as well !!
lol thats the one. I think me paying my £7 ebay fee's held them off for a bit. Not heard anything since.

In the meantime, dont buy anything from Ultimate Lighting, they are crap at communicating !

Replied in every way known to man now, and nothing back!
Old 01 May 2008, 08:39 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Its a paypal error at the moment, when you put a message to the seller on the payment, it doesnt appear on their payment - so chances are they didnt get the message you left.
Old 01 May 2008, 08:51 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Its a paypal error at the moment, when you put a message to the seller on the payment, it doesnt appear on their payment - so chances are they didnt get the message you left.
Really ? Thats a bit crap. But it sent it to me on the copy of the payment advice I sent them?

However I did send the message on ebay and by email and still have no reply. Guess I will wait and see for now

Thanks for the info though
Old 01 May 2008, 10:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
I hate Ebay timewasters...

I just sold an item for £500 to some twonk with no feedback, and he want's to collect at the weekend..... what's the betting I never see the ****!!

And some bird bid £499 (which he beat by £1) and she had over 500 purchases and 100% feedback

It's a must.... but FFS it's aweful to have to use

To try to sort out the to$$pot time wasters, it is not foolproof or cnutproof but helps a bit
i usually ask anyone with less that 10 + feedbacks to contact me first or the bid will be removed.
and
a 25% Paypal deposit paid immediately secures the item if not full payment i being sent by post.