Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

can i take aerosol on a plane?

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2008, 05:15 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i take aerosol on a plane?

As per title really..... going to Mexico next month as was wondering if I can take aerosol deodorant on the plane, in my hand luggage? Always thought you had to take it in hand luggage before so the pressure in the hold doesn't cause it to go pop etc, but haven't been away for couple of years so not sure what you can and cant do now??
Old 20 April 2008, 05:23 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I seriously doubt it, and i have never heard of them popping anywhere on the plane
Old 20 April 2008, 05:26 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
As per title really..... going to Mexico next month as was wondering if I can take aerosol deodorant on the plane, in my hand luggage? Always thought you had to take it in hand luggage before so the pressure in the hold doesn't cause it to go pop etc, but haven't been away for couple of years so not sure what you can and cant do now??
It will be confiscated if you try to take it through in hand luggage. I stick mine in hold luggage. The plane is pressurised, not just the passenger compartment. Not a problem.
Old 20 April 2008, 05:36 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I got to newyork with aerosol deodorant in hand luggage and a lighter 1st class just after 9/11 call who you are flying with up ? what part of mexico are you going too ?
Old 20 April 2008, 05:45 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

In you hand luggage- Under 100ml/3oz, and in the silly little clear plastic bag with all your other liquids, pastes and whatnot.
ONE clear bag per person remember...
Old 20 April 2008, 10:13 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

flew last week and they took my deoderant, gaviscon and toothpaste for the reasons mentioned above. I could have taken my toothpaste if I went back out and got a clear plastic bag - **** that just queued so it went in their bin.
Old 20 April 2008, 10:52 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
I got to newyork with aerosol deodorant in hand luggage and a lighter 1st class just after 9/11 call who you are flying with up ? what part of mexico are you going too ?
We are going with Thomas Crook & their own air line. I was going to give them a call this week just to check.