Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

PayPal issue need advise.

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2008, 10:31 PM
Matt241
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PayPal issue need advise.

I sold a Bailey Dv26 on Ebay posted it all fine and forgot about it, I have just been advised that the buyer has reversed the payment and now I am out of pocket and dont have the DumpValve as its been posted.

How can people get away with this.

I have his name ebay user and his address

Lives in Lewisham its only £45 but this is bang out of order, How do Paypal allow this.

Many thanks in advance for your advise.

Matt.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:33 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

If you have proof of delivery you should be ok- just respond to the dispute.

If you don't then forget about it- its gone. Learn from it and get proof of delivery next time.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but there are some dodgy people out there.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:41 PM
Matt241
Scooby Regular

I am going to check at work I am pretty sure I have the receipt as it all goes throught the books at work recorded delivery.

I have contacted paypal tonight via email and I will call them tomorrow and kick some **** up.

Fuc@ing Bastar@s

Cheers mate.

Matt.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:46 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I don't want to hijack your thread but how long should you give for someone to pay for an item after an auction ends before informing Ebay?
Nik.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:53 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Always post your item minimum recorded delivery. If you did then you have the reciept. If you contact paypal with this proof then they will take the money from his account. They will do it.

I'm not disrespecting you but I went through a similar thing (on ebay not here) where the other guy said he'd posted something to me on ebay. I waited 2 weeks and then reported him. I got my money back straight away.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
I don't want to hijack your thread but how long should you give for someone to pay for an item after an auction ends before informing Ebay?
Nik.
Replied on your thread re this.

As for the reversed payment, have you tried contacting the buyer? Paypal did this to me about a year back, I contacted the guy and he said he had NO knowledge of why, and paid again immediatly. Paypals excuse was, "their system flagged the payment, so they reversed it without contacting the buyer" !!! WTF !

Could be lucky, failing that, you have an address ? Its only up the road from here
Old 17 April 2008, 11:00 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Has the guy said he has not recieved the item?

Last edited by martwrxsl; 17 April 2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 17 April 2008, 11:12 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

sounds like the buyer might have reversed the payment with his credit card company"chargeback".if he has paypal either won't or can't do anything about it.....all you can do is to try and appeal to the buyer's better nature to have the dumpvalve returned but if he's done this without letting you know he's had a problem with the item,for whatever reason you've most likely been screwed.
Old 18 April 2008, 11:28 AM
shustir
Scooby Regular

Paypal are the criminals best friend. They make fraud so easy it's frightening. My mate got done a while back nearly £600 for some M3 wheels he sold.

Buyer claimed they werent as desrcibed and wanted a refund. He sent 1 wheel back and gave Paypal a tracking number. They took the money from his account and gave him a full refund even though he still had 3 wheels.

Thinking about it he could have got a full refund if he sent a brick in the post as long as he had a tracking number for it. Even though he proved he only recieved 1 wheel with evidence from ParcelForce and put a complaint in to the Police, Paypal said they couldn't fo anything once a payment had been refuned.
Old 18 April 2008, 11:49 AM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

Best think to do is withdraw the money from your PayPal account as soon as the buyer pays. Then PayPal have no funds available to take from your account. I thought I had been scammed for £200 once when a phone didn't come for over a week and the seller was ignoring me, I asked PayPal to block the money in his account ill I rec'd the goods but he had already moved them to a bank account - nothing they could do. Luckily the guy replaied after 10days and the phone came after 2weeks!!
Old 18 April 2008, 01:06 PM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Paypal will put you in a negative balance if you owe them money.

A guy bought some stuff from me then later it was found that further up the line he had recieved the funds into his account from a dodgy credit card, they took the money from my account and left me in the red becuase he had paid me with the funds!!
Old 18 April 2008, 01:58 PM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

Seems they do whatever they like then, as they definitely said no money in his account means tough boobies to me
Old 18 April 2008, 02:28 PM
Matt241
Scooby Regular

The guy has left positive feed back so he has received the item, I have contacted paypal and supplied the postal delivery number as I always send things recorded signed for.

Lets just wait and see what paypal can do.

I have emailed the seller several times and nothing.

Thomash47 is the guys user name on Ebay. Beware everyone.

Matt.
Old 18 April 2008, 06:41 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Which is technically fraud - OK, you may have felt justified as the seller wasnt replying to your messages to return the items, but you could get in a lot worse trouble if you claim to have returned items you havent.

There is only so much Paypal can do in the OP's case - the next step will be down to him to prove the item has been delivered to the person who paid for it, then take them through the small claims court to get the money from them.