Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ilegal drugs

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2008, 08:18 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ilegal drugs

Does anyone have any mates who take illegal drugs here? Like Ectasy, Cocaine, MDMA.

I don't mean all the time but at parties.

There is a reason I ask this as I have a mate who does and they are saying its perfectly ok every now and then but I'm worried.

Whats peoples views on the above?

I'm not talking drug addicts here as they hold down a very respectable job.

Views?
Old 17 April 2008, 08:28 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont agree with it, but if people want to ruin their lifes then thats their problem, as long as it doesnt affect people around them
Old 17 April 2008, 08:29 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

as opposed to legal drugs like
Old 17 April 2008, 08:33 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Hi, every now and again is ok (my own opinion, before anyone slates it!) been there and done it all, but it can "very easily" turn from "every now" and then to a daily "fix". Haven't done anything for around 18 months and finally the craving for drug fueled sex, traffic cone theiving and weeing through letter boxes has left me, finally.
Old 17 April 2008, 08:36 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I have a mate that stated taking coke when he hit big money- that was a couple of years ago. He's now in Australia and 'addicted' (my word, not his- he thinks its under control) to heroine.

Whilst recreational use at lower levels is always going to be contraversial, in my experience it often escalates. The chap I referred was really switched on, and sold his business for £16m three years after starting it. I doubt if there's any of that left now, he's a mess and I very much doubt his brain is any use to anything ever again. Such a waste.

A thought- when did you ever hear anyone say 'my life is so much better as a result of my involvement with drugs'

Just my opinion, for what its worth.
Old 17 April 2008, 08:37 PM
Lisawrx

TBH, it's his choice, and nothing anyone will say will probably make any difference. Everything comes with risks, some worse than others, and even with some drugs, it is unclear on the real effects/risks.
Old 17 April 2008, 08:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Loads of people I know use Cocaine when out..

Not something I'm interested in but in all honestly used carefully its the same as drinking really.. will cause harm but people risk it..
Old 17 April 2008, 08:38 PM
Will
BANNED

had a few grams of chaz and a few e's in my day and havent affected me what so ever, and to what i can say was the best weekends of my life especialy the 1 we went to a rave and took e's for the first time, went sat night went home mon morrning bank holiday
Old 17 April 2008, 08:40 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
I dont agree with it, but if people want to ruin their lifes then thats their problem, as long as it doesnt affect people around them
Don't think taking the odd pill or line of coke now and again will ruin your life. My life is just fine as are the other people I know who have the odd class A at the weekend.
Old 17 April 2008, 08:40 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I have a buddy (although not a close buddy) who takes god knows what, when he has had the misfortune to come out for a drink.

Turns into a compete a**ehole and now no one bothers with him because of this. He ends up a right mess.

A few of the people i originally kicked about with when i was a teenager have had major dealings with drugs and i can tell you this.

One died of an overdose.

One was murdered by two of his best mates. (who happned to be pals of mine when younger)

As a result one of them is serving a life sentance and another 3 years for
helping him murder him.

Another got so ****ed once he murdered his own Gran (this was years ago) i mean ffs wtf is going on there.

To see what has happened to these people whom i called my friends when i was younger is terrible. I could have quite easily got sucked in.
Lucky i called time on these wasters and got myself a new set of mates.

Needless to say i keep a very wide berth of people who take drugs nowadays.
Old 17 April 2008, 08:50 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

In my youth (during the rave/happy hardcore years) i did speed (an amphetamine) and this was simply to keep going for 10+ hours of partying and the long journey home.

I don't understand why people need to do this when going to the pub or parties.

Drugs are not perfectly ok now and again as they will do harm BUT that's the same for drinking and smoking.
Old 17 April 2008, 08:54 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5OLF
Don't think taking the odd pill or line of coke now and again will ruin your life. My life is just fine as are the other people I know who have the odd class A at the weekend.
It will if you get caught and consequently sent down
Old 17 April 2008, 08:59 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

You need rather more than a few pills or few gram of coke to get sent down mate.
Old 17 April 2008, 09:03 PM
lee-swindon
Scooby Regular

it seems to be a very laid back crime now and unless its heroin or crack most dealers seem to only get a short sentance anyway!!!

imo i think its upto the individual as most people on pills arnt the ones that trash the town centre on a friday/saturday night the to busy chewing there face off
Old 17 April 2008, 09:08 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Depends what you do as a job as well I guess.... it seems things like flashbacks from various hallucinogenic drugs are pretty well documented, the life destroying properties of heroin, etc etc are all pretty obvious.

If the most dangerous thing you deal with in your daily life is a pen or cans of baked beans then its your lookout. If it involves driving, machinery, firearms, making safety critical decisions etc - then someone has to be a bit of an idiot taking something that can effect their decision making processes days/months/years after taking it.

In my job, I know I wouldn't want someone who'd taken LSD in their lives near me with a firearm in a stressful situation. You can't compare alcohol because if someones sober, they're sober - liver disease might be a risk; but they ain't going to shoot me because they think I'm a giant killer hamburger.

I wouldn't be happy any of my mates taking illegal drugs (or abusing legal ones); to the point I would seriously question if it was possible to continue our friendship.
Old 17 April 2008, 09:15 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

J4ckos mate has a huge Crack problem, his pants fall down at the back you see.
Old 17 April 2008, 09:15 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by lee-swindon
imo i think its upto the individual as most people on pills arnt the ones that trash the town centre on a friday/saturday night the to busy chewing there face off
True
Old 17 April 2008, 09:18 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
Depends what you do as a job as well I guess.... it seems things like flashbacks from various hallucinogenic drugs are pretty well documented, the life destroying properties of heroin, etc etc are all pretty obvious.

If the most dangerous thing you deal with in your daily life is a pen or cans of baked beans then its your lookout. If it involves driving, machinery, firearms, making safety critical decisions etc - then someone has to be a bit of an idiot taking something that can effect their decision making processes days/months/years after taking it.

In my job, I know I wouldn't want someone who'd taken LSD in their lives near me with a firearm in a stressful situation. You can't compare alcohol because if someones sober, they're sober - liver disease might be a risk; but they ain't going to shoot me because they think I'm a giant killer hamburger.

I wouldn't be happy any of my mates taking illegal drugs (or abusing legal ones); to the point I would seriously question if it was possible to continue our friendship.
I think the OP was asking if taking the odd pill/line of charlie at weekend was anything to worry about. I think people are getting a bit carried away talking about brown/becoming junkies.

As for flash back's? not going to happen if your only having a blast the odd weekend. To be honest I have never heard of any one having a flash back...well only the WW2 soilders who were given massive amounts of LSD.
Old 17 April 2008, 09:19 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

You need rather more than a few pills or few gram of coke to get sent down mate.
I know, I was trying to make a point, but isnt ecstasy more than 3 pills and you 'can' be charged with possesion with intent to supply, quite a few people round these parts do get sent down for drug use

How about another way, what if one of your kids found your stash of coke or E's and took them thinking they were sweets

Class A drugs are illegal for a reason, rightly or wrongly in some peoples minds (dont mean on here as such, but I do know that there has been talks to try and get Ecstasy dropped to a Class B drug) however it is still illegal
Old 17 April 2008, 09:25 PM
Will
BANNED

IAs for flash back's? not going to happen if your only having a blast the odd weekend.
exactley havent had flash backs what so ever. And looking forward for my weekend blast this week with the calzaghi v hopkin fight to keep me up in the early hours
Old 17 April 2008, 09:29 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

I know, I was trying to make a point, but isnt ecstasy more than 3 pills and you 'can' be charged with possesion with intent to supply, quite a few people round these parts do get sent down for drug use

How about another way, what if one of your kids found your stash of coke or E's and took them thinking they were sweets

Class A drugs are illegal for a reason, rightly or wrongly in some peoples minds (dont mean on here as such, but I do know that there has been talks to try and get Ecstasy dropped to a Class B drug) however it is still illegal
I agree, drugs are illegal and I think people who are around them/take them tend to forget this. They become part of your night out just like beer does.

I stopped 2 years ago after 19 years of fun. I enjoyed my past and would never change it.

As for kids finding your stash they could quite as easy find your sleeping pills if you are daft enough to leave them were kids could find them.
Old 17 April 2008, 09:32 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

For the OP FRANK - Home (A-Z of Drugs) i think it makes interesting reading
Old 17 April 2008, 10:22 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say if your going to try a drug, do a line of coke..

Not much of an effect unless your want it and out of all the drug, weed included has the least chance of ill effects.. (ONE OFF)

I've had a line and it was fun. Not going to do it again though.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:38 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

My ex's parents have started smoking weed and MDMA to cope with the **** the ex is giving them. They've told me they are surprised I didn't turn to something to take my mind off all the hassle.

I see it as sad that at 50+ they are havng to resort to that to feel better, but I do not blame them as I know exactly what they have been through.

Funniy enough, they know I've applied to the Police service, they've said they'll do it in front of me until I get in, then they'll be careful not to do it if I'm about so they can't be nicked and I can't be compromised.
Old 17 April 2008, 10:44 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRH
A thought- when did you ever hear anyone say 'my life is so much better as a result of my involvement with drugs'
Sums it up for me!

For myself I've been there, seen it and done it. Never had any major problems personally, but know people who did, from mental health issues to getting deported from Oz and never being able to return there. The irony of them deporting a criminal too
Old 17 April 2008, 11:07 PM
Jeff Stryker
BANNED

but isnt ecstasy more than 3 pills
Eh?
Old 17 April 2008, 11:22 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Totally Surrounded by it in my working environment (music industry)
Wont touch it.....never have either.
Old 17 April 2008, 11:31 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by Nat21
Know loads of people who have tried just about everything. Some people can handle it and are fine taking them, some people can't and end up addicted or in a right mess.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there. It depends on the person. Some people are able to use illegal drugs on a night out basis and be fine, yet others get addicted. They take the same drugs, yet the overall impact is totally different. Some may be fine, some may get addicted, some may move onto other drugs, and depending upon that, the effect on their life and others around them will vary. I think it's down more to the person at times, than the drug.

I don't really want to compare this to alcohol, but I like a drink, yet I can take it or leave it, and no matter how pissed I get, I have never caused any trouble. Yet I know many people who have got hooked, and can't live without it, and then there are those who over do it, and cause a problem, if not for themselves, but for others. The same possibly could be said for illegal drugs, the effect is different for everyone.
Old 17 April 2008, 11:39 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Most people go out, have a few drinks, have a good night and go home whilst holding down a job and leading a good life without becoming an alcoholic and losing everything in there life.
Its exactly the same with pills and coke, the vast majority of people will dabble on a weekend and thats where it will stay, sooner or later they will grow out of it and thats that.

Like others have said, its when it starts to take over, and effect other people it becomes a problem, but each to there own i say.

Didnt do me any harm and i battered it for over 10 years, but now a nice German beer or white wine does the trick just fine

Quick Reply: Ilegal drugs