Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Report to Police?

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2008, 11:32 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Report to Police?

Just drove down to one of the local fields/parks off a busy main road with the dog. Its all dark but light enough to see. As I was walking around the field a car pulled into the car park and turned its lights off and rolled up next to my car (g/fs corsa) WTF ... I stood in the field watching it. After about 10 minutes it ****s off.. as I get back to the car another car pulls up.. obviously sensing this my dog refuses to come near the car so I couldnt get in and had to walk back onto the field chasing the dog ... the dog pull right along side me as I walked (with its lights off) really sly like.

Then the driver must have seen my dog and he drove off.. only turning his lights on at the last minute.

This isn't some ****ing back street park, this is the one near Grove station on the Wirral !! Plenty of houses around it and cars up and down the road .... WTF ... I'm assuming these where gay blokes or doggers ????

Scared the **** outa me !!

Do I report it to the local plod ? Is it worth it ?
Old 16 April 2008, 11:42 PM
Monkeydile
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you managed to get either reg number then defo worth reporting. Otherwise speak to the police in case they've had other people mention it happening

Michael
Old 16 April 2008, 11:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Monkeydile
If you managed to get either reg number then defo worth reporting. Otherwise speak to the police in case they've had other people mention it happening

Michael
No reg sadly.. to be honest I'm dressed a bit scally cause of the cold weather, had my hood up and was with my GSD and I felt a bit worried !! and I'm not normally one to be intimidated !

It was about 15 minutes ago.. worth phoning them or will they just laugh it off...??
Old 16 April 2008, 11:50 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

if it was me i would call them, im sick of these scumbags going round intimidating people, even if he's a dogger it dont matter report them, next time it could be your bird walking the dog , how would she react?
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I'm proper freaked out... I'm gonna go and find one of the patrols... loads round my area..
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like strange behaviour, but not being there I can't comment as to whether there was any real threat. Call the police, then I guess you'll know for sure.
Old 17 April 2008, 12:04 AM
Monkeydile
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
No reg sadly.. to be honest I'm dressed a bit scally cause of the cold weather, had my hood up and was with my GSD and I felt a bit worried !! and I'm not normally one to be intimidated !

It was about 15 minutes ago.. worth phoning them or will they just laugh it off...??
I reckon it's worth having a word. They won't laugh at you and you'll defo know if anyone else has reported anything. It's always good do do our bit to try and get scumbags off the streets.

Michael
Old 17 April 2008, 12:11 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I stopped a patrol nearby and explained what happened. He said he'd go and check it out as he drove off in the other direction... but still

He was very stern looking ... ginger too.. not that I hold that against him

ah well if he goes and sits there someone will come down and he can have words
Old 17 April 2008, 09:05 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I would have thought a GSD would come forward and be protective tbh. Did she run off then? Something spooked her.

As for the cars, this is 2 seperate cars yeah? Not just a meeting point for local lads hangin out or anything?

Reporting them to the police is always worth it, but better over the phone or at the station, where you can see a record being made. If the cop you flagged down does not call it in, it wont get recorded.

the dog pull right along side me as I walked (with its lights off) really sly like
Do you mean the car, or has the dog got headlights now?

I'm assuming these where gay blokes or doggers ????

Blimey you would be terrified round real criminals then eh. Scared of someone due to their sexual orientation

Hope if they were up to anything bad, that they get caught up with soon

Just drove down to one of the local fields/parks off a busy main road with the dog. Its all dark but light enough to see. As I was walking around the field a car pulled into the car park and turned its lights off and rolled up next to my car (g/fs corsa) WTF ... I stood in the field watching it. After about 10 minutes it ****s off.. as I get back to the car another car pulls up.. obviously sensing this my dog refuses to come near the car so I couldnt get in and had to walk back onto the field chasing the dog ... the dog pull right along side me as I walked (with its lights off) really sly like.

Then the driver must have seen my dog and he drove off.. only turning his lights on at the last minute.

This isn't some ****ing back street park, this is the one near Grove station on the Wirral !! Plenty of houses around it and cars up and down the road .... WTF ... I'm assuming these where gay blokes or doggers ????

Old 17 April 2008, 09:07 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO!!

It was probably the Chief of Police out for a little drive around the patch - see what he can see
Old 17 April 2008, 10:00 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy

Blimey you would be terrified round real criminals then eh. Scared of someone due to their sexual orientation

Hope if they were up to anything bad, that they get caught up with soon
Some bloke who thinks I'm there to meet him ????

I'd rather face a gang of lad after a fight !!
Old 17 April 2008, 10:29 AM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

doggers deffo
my mother in law has just been done by the police for doing something similar in a cemetary
mind you she is one of the biggest ****** in wigan
true story
Old 17 April 2008, 10:44 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not much anyone can do if they did nothing to break the law. Suspicion is not enough.

Les
Old 17 April 2008, 10:51 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

No harm in contacting the Police. Shame you did not get the reg numbers.

Very strange behaviour from your dog though. My GSD barks if anyone gets too close and he is younger than yours
Old 17 April 2008, 10:51 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Not much anyone can do if they did nothing to break the law. Suspicion is not enough.

Les
No but next time it could be a young lad or a women and he thinks hmmm I'll try that !

I reported did all I could, the police can watch out.. if someone gets attacks its not on my head now !
Old 17 April 2008, 10:57 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
No harm in contacting the Police. Shame you did not get the reg numbers.

Very strange behaviour from your dog though. My GSD barks if anyone gets too close and he is younger than yours
She just likes playing and probably noticed I wanted to get in the car quick and though .. sod you I'm off
Old 17 April 2008, 10:59 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

She just likes playing and probably noticed I wanted to get in the car quick and though .. sod you I'm off
Old 17 April 2008, 11:23 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Some bloke who thinks I'm there to meet him ????

I'd rather face a gang of lad after a fight !!
ooooh i see now

Did the right thing though, never hurts to report things.
Old 17 April 2008, 11:27 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Shes at the 7 - 11 month stage.. according to one of the trainers they gain confidence and test your limits...

She stays close to me but just out of grabbing reach !

Even at home.. she butts me.. doesn't bite but tests to see what I will let her get away with.
Old 17 April 2008, 11:30 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Tuvaaq does the same, trys mouthing, but I find a quick punch or neck lock sorts him out..........

JOKING ! lol

Dont you love adolecent dogs!
Old 17 April 2008, 11:48 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Sounds and probably looked dodgy but personally I would have done nothing more than lift an eyebrow. Probably some 17yr old with his misses looking for a back seat **** in the park but you scared them off
Old 17 April 2008, 11:49 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

No but next time it could be a young lad or a women and he thinks hmmm I'll try that !

I reported did all I could, the police can watch out.. if someone gets attacks its not on my head now !
Yes a good point and I agree with you.

Les
Old 17 April 2008, 12:11 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Shes at the 7 - 11 month stage.. according to one of the trainers they gain confidence and test your limits...

She stays close to me but just out of grabbing reach !

Even at home.. she butts me.. doesn't bite but tests to see what I will let her get away with.
Alternatively with a dog from your lines it could equally be performing the sit, stay, flat, speak, close, send away and retrieve commands by her age.

I'd say if she ran in the opposite direction her confidence isn't building but has been knocked at some point and she was spooked.

The assumption is made solely on reading your post and it might have looked completely different at the scene.
Old 17 April 2008, 01:23 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Alternatively with a dog from your lines it could equally be performing the sit, stay, flat, speak, close, send away and retrieve commands by her age.

I'd say if she ran in the opposite direction her confidence isn't building but has been knocked at some point and she was spooked.

The assumption is made solely on reading your post and it might have looked completely different at the scene.
It was performing the sit, stay, come, down, paw (lol) and fetch up until about a month ago .. that's why I called in a trainer again...

Old 17 April 2008, 01:23 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Sounds and probably looked dodgy but personally I would have done nothing more than lift an eyebrow. Probably some 17yr old with his misses looking for a back seat **** in the park but you scared them off

Parking as close as they could to another car ???

The 2nd car even saw me as it approached and still stopped
Old 17 April 2008, 01:30 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

maybe they liked the look of you or mistook you for a 'friend' do a search for the park area and see it it comes up as one of those spots, a friend at work recently did in relation to abridge he walks his dog under and was suprised to find out it was a local gay spot
Old 17 April 2008, 01:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

It was performing the sit, stay, come, down, paw (lol) and fetch up until about a month ago .. that's why I called in a trainer again...

It..... IT.... wheres the love man, where is the love
Wierd to suddenly drop all that though. Tuvaaq has his moments of ignorance, but generally speaking he is good now, even following hand commands too.

Has something happened that you remember that has spooked the dog?

As for the cars parking close, I dont know your area so its hard to say, but you get that all the time round ere, most of the time just so they can chat without getting cold. Same at Southend etc too.

But of course there could as you say be other reasons.
Old 17 April 2008, 01:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

So you're saying she doesn't do any of the above now?

If she was doing everything you say and on a regular basis then she won't just stop them.

As for going the other way, has she been scared just lately by somebody or something as at a young age that can be massive to overcome? Or was it nothing and she never saw the car?
Old 17 April 2008, 01:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Ah, one at a time. I was on the phone.
Old 17 April 2008, 01:40 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Spoon

Mine is

But I have a very, very good advisor