Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone else TOTALLY HATE Pay Pal?

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2008, 12:04 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else TOTALLY HATE Pay Pal?

What a bunch of aloof morons! Individuals are such cannon fodder to these bunch of corporate to$$ers! PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system!

I de-cluttered and sold loads of stuff - about £1800 worth in 12 months. They therefore FORCED me to declare I was a business and then lock my account up as I have passed a transactuon threshold. I have been verified, inputed the 'test' codes from my credit card bills,and have been paying bills from my already verified UK bank account since 2003 - but no! As they dont REALLY know who I am and who I bank with () I have to do XYZ and sing Waltzing Matilda whilst doing it.

Anyway cut a long rant short, (honest) for the last 6 WEEKS I have bee4n waiting to input a code from a letter from California (sic) into the website as the FOURTH hurdle in this 'prove who you are MF' process before they let me at my account again. THIS LETTER STILL NEVER ARRIVES!!!!! 'Takes 14 working business days sir" ME: Pigeons are quicker and handle money better"!!!!

Avoid them! And once my 'letter proving who I am' comes through (if ever) and I get my £300 out, the account will be closed straight away.

Dontcha love corporate America with way too many cutomers to give a flying sh..ite!

D (thanks for the rant )
Old 20 March 2008, 12:12 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

It has its bad points for sure but its helped me out a few times.

I don't allow paypal as payment for anything over £100 when selling. Least then if theres a dispute I can afford (ish) to lose it. Buying using paypal helps when they don't send the good (would have lost £300 had I not used paypal)

In the main though its a dogs breakfast of a system.
Old 20 March 2008, 12:13 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I would imagine international laws regarding money transfer/laundering/tracking are pretty complicated.

Old 20 March 2008, 12:16 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
I would imagine international laws regarding money transfer/laundering/tracking are pretty complicated.

Yes! But we are talking a paltry £1800 here in 12m from a VERIFIED credit card holder and verified address.

Whatever their operational issues/obligations are, imagine YOUR bank FREEZING your account (esp if you were a PROPER trader) and then just saying 'wait for the post fron California sonny'...

D