Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The MoD have lost all of my personal details!

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2008, 01:24 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face The MoD have lost all of my personal details!

I recieved a letter to a pevious address from the MoD on Friday.

It basically read "We're sorry but a laptop with your details and 600,000 others may have gone missing on January 9th or 10th" (which means it was stolen). "But do not worry, you might not be a victim of identuty fraud as we don't know who stole it. And don't worry that it contained your NI and passport number, or all the details of your parents and brothers/sisters as it's not a problem because the police haven't found anyone using them. Oh and your bank account is safe".

WTF? I got turned down by the RAF in 2003 because they would not accept/clear my professional references from abroad (why I do not understand), but why after 5 years they are still storing my details on a laptop? And then the ******* lose it? This ******* Government is useless, inept, untrustworthy, (add more at will). Christ, I'm pissed off at the incompetence.

I wish I hadn't torn the letter up in rage or I could have posted it here for you all to see. Fcukin ****-wits
Old 08 March 2008, 01:29 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

Not a lot i can add to that i'm afraid - you've summed it all up pretty well.

Old 08 March 2008, 01:34 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Shocking!! Imagine if the useless shower of **** ever brought in ID cards and the information contained on them went astray?? Not that that would ever happen though!!!
Old 08 March 2008, 02:09 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

The Spanish had all my details on ID card and cleared everything through the UK before I was granted Spanish citizenship. They didn't manage to lose it and they close all government buildings by 13:00 and then sleep until the evening everyday
Old 08 March 2008, 08:40 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Shocking!! Imagine if the useless shower of **** ever brought in ID cards and the information contained on them went astray?? Not that that would ever happen though!!!
Was funny actually to see the home sec giving a speech the other day about this, saying having everyones DNA and fingerprints all in one data base would make identity theft harder........... HOW, when one of your dimwits will leave the entire file unencrypted sitting on a bus within 6 weeks. Better still take it on holiday on their laptop to Nigeria or something!

The whole data storage thing is a joke now. While other companies and people have the occasional slip up, the amount thats been lost recently just is not even funny.
Old 08 March 2008, 10:37 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

All this sort of thing is quite horrifying and is an indication of the gross incompetence among all these official departments.

Les
Old 08 March 2008, 10:55 AM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I recieved a letter to a pevious address from the MoD on Friday.

It basically read "We're sorry but a laptop with your details and 600,000 others may have gone missing on January 9th or 10th" (which means it was stolen). "But do not worry, you might not be a victim of identuty fraud as we don't know who stole it. And don't worry that it contained your NI and passport number, or all the details of your parents and brothers/sisters as it's not a problem because the police haven't found anyone using them. Oh and your bank account is safe".

WTF? I got turned down by the RAF in 2003 because they would not accept/clear my professional references from abroad (why I do not understand), but why after 5 years they are still storing my details on a laptop? And then the ******* lose it? This ******* Government is useless, inept, untrustworthy, (add more at will). Christ, I'm pissed off at the incompetence.

I wish I hadn't torn the letter up in rage or I could have posted it here for you all to see. Fcukin ****-wits

if these details dont matter ,they wont mind putting up all there details on the web
Old 08 March 2008, 11:11 AM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

I got the same letter, i've been in the RAF for 4 years, so what are my details still doing on a laptop used for storing data about new recruits, you'll be pleased to know that service laptops have now been banned from leaving military stations, not that, that will affect anyone on here.