Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

cheated on my diet

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2008, 10:41 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheated on my diet

well since new years day decided to mega cut down my food intake, and ive done quite well no biscuits crisps cakes chocolate etc, no breakfast and maybe a pot noodle for lunch then a normal dinner with the wife and kids at tea time, mixed fresh fruit with yogurt toping for pudding

worked quite well, ont he odd occasion we went out for a meal and i didnt care i had a proper meal and a pudding once every now and then wont hurt me
and at the end of the day i stand more ofr a chance off succeeding if i do it slowley and still get to eat nice things every now and then

but this morning had an urge lol so on went the fat in the frying pan, eggs sauages bacon fried bread waffles beans hhhhmmmmmnnn

we all had it this morning, tried to kitchen towel the fat off the eggs etc

so come on then how much fat and calories did i just eat? 2 fries eggs, 3 small fried sausages finished off in grilll, 2 waffles grilled, fries mushrooms, one piece fried bread, beans etc you get the idea lol

me bad me very bad but it was soooooooo good
Old 02 March 2008, 10:44 AM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Cheating is what makes it fun

If you are dieting you should still have breakfast BTW even if its something light.
Old 02 March 2008, 10:48 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i know mate but it just seems to work for me i enjoy the feeling of having not eaten no more bloated tummy etc its great, come 12 im peckish so ill have a pot noodle if ive rememebered to take one in with me, i normally forget tho lol. its by no means a crash diet, i planned to loose weight over 6 months as were off on holls mid june
Old 02 March 2008, 11:00 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I hope you did the cooking, seeing as it's Mothers Day

A bit of what you fancy now and then won't do you any harm at all. Hope you enjoyed it.

About 600 calories
Old 02 March 2008, 11:09 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

600 that all? i would of thought about 1500 at a guess pmsl

yes i cooked
Old 02 March 2008, 11:17 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol fair play, I feel your pain, I pigged out this morning too. Nowt wrong there.
Old 02 March 2008, 11:18 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Get that breakfast down ya fella, sounds weird but it will help you lose weight !!
Basically it fires up the metabolism to get it working for the day ahead.

and you haven't "cheated" your diet at all. As long as you keep things well balanced, having a fry up on Sunday morning, once a month isn't going to make you keel over and die.

Andy
Old 02 March 2008, 11:19 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Did you really use fat or fry it in vegetable oil?
Old 02 March 2008, 11:21 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Here's an interesting little site for you, apples

Calories in EAT - Full English Breakfast Ciabatta
Old 02 March 2008, 11:39 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

veggie oil in the frying pan
Old 02 March 2008, 11:41 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Stop worrying then
Old 02 March 2008, 11:46 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

you havent heard the worst yet its a big lamb roast later this avo

i feel tonight i will be feeling seriosuly bloated, have to get some of those laxitive tablets and **** it all out lol
Old 02 March 2008, 12:03 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Hey it's mothers day after all.
Enjoy the dam day with your family and DON'T use the laxatives.
Old 02 March 2008, 12:14 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

yer know was a joke mate
Old 02 March 2008, 12:19 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Old 02 March 2008, 03:47 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i have not ate any breakfast for 2 months LOL
Old 02 March 2008, 04:15 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

hmmn well just finished a roast dinner

well and truely stuffed, i cant believe i used to eat on this level more than often, then eat sweets etc at night, i just simply couldnt do it now, funny how it completely changes your apetite not eating certain foods, its allmost like going cold turkey to get the stuff out of your system

my other problem is i quite often like to smoke the herbal variety which gives me the munchies, the difference is now is ill have a yogurt or a banana etc, ive even takes to fresh fish like mussels squid prawns lobster etc.

i eat so much more fruit and veg which can only be a good thing
Old 02 March 2008, 06:48 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24
no breakfast and maybe a pot noodle for lunch then a normal dinner with the wife and kids at tea time, mixed fresh fruit with yogurt toping for pudding........but this morning had an urge lol so on went the fat in the frying pan, eggs sauages bacon fried bread waffles beans hhhhmmmmmnnn
Nutritionally, your diet is dreadful. Pot Noodles simply are not food. Chemicals, salt, hydrogenated fat and not a single vitamin, mineral or food group at all. By starving yourself your body will go into malnutrition and try to hang on to it's remaining fat reserves, possibly leading to muscle and bone wastage. This is not the weight you want to lose !

To give you an idea where you are misunderstanding things a little, I went from 21st to 15st in just five months. During that time I ate a full English breakfast almost every day. I had fish from the F&C shop regularly for lunch, rotisserie chicken, masses of salad and (non-root) vegetables, steak, chops, lamb, oily fish. What I didn't eat was carbs. No bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sweets, cakes, biscuits etc etc. Caffeine free drinks with (non aspartame) artificial sweeteners, and lots of water to drink. I ate as much as I wanted, but found that once my sugar cravings subsided that I wanted to eat less, and had to remind myself to eat every four waking hours to give my digestive system something to do. Fat became my primary energy source, and when the fat in my meals was used up my body turned its attention to the stored stuff. When you eat carbs your body digests those first using insulin, but your brain misinterprets the drop in insulin when the carbs are gone as hunger, even though there are still masses of fats and proteins sat waiting for energy use. They get stored, and you go eat again, repeat ad infinitum. By minimising carb intake your insulin level plateaus and the drop off after the tiny amount of ingested carbs is digested goes unnoticed by the brain, leaving the body to process the fats and proteins as food, switching to stored stuff for a while until your next feed.

To summise,

Breakfast - Sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes. Decaf tea/coffee

Lunch - Fish, rotisserie chicken, salad with oily fish (mackerel, tuna etc)

Dinner - Any meat serving with non-root veg, full cream Korma curry, spag-bol, chilli etc etc

Lots of water.
Old 02 March 2008, 08:34 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ignoring from everyone says ... I did what you did.. no breakfast ... very little other food and I lost just over 2 stone in about 2 months !!

Didnt get ill and am now eating as much as I can to build up again !! this time putting the weight in the right places

Based on what I've read the diet you do is dangerous and silly .. but it worked for me !
Old 02 March 2008, 09:04 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

why is it dangerous etc? i have a proper evening meal with home grown veg fresh meat or fish, salad etc normally eat fruit after
Old 02 March 2008, 09:11 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Your digestive system works 24/7, to leave it with nothing to do for 23 1/2 hours a day means it will occupy itself doing things it shouldn't, like muscle wastage and bone deterioration as your body slips into malnutrition. Eat good food, regularly, but some thought about exactly what you're eating will reap dividends. I did very little exercise during my period of weight loss, so the results were mostly from the diet. If I had exercised I may have lost weight quicker, or simply been hungrier. Do a Google on 'eating once a day' and the alarm bells may ring.
Old 02 March 2008, 09:15 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

so i should have a bowl of cereal or similar in morning then dinner at 5?
Old 02 March 2008, 09:32 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

If you're going to a conventional reduced fat diet then yes, wholegrain cereal with skimmed (or semi) milk. A light snack at lunch such as a small
,mostly salad sandwich, then your evening meal.
Old 03 March 2008, 08:11 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

have to say, i have been eating "once per day" since the start of that diet thread, i can understand why its not the "right" way to do things, but i feel it works fine for me

i have been getting up, having a cupper in the morning and taking ephedrine, my appetite is then suppressed until around 6pm when i will go home and eat a proper meal, always cooked with fresh ingredients (we never eat processed ready made ****e)

i have 3 sets of scales available to use and they all show different amounts, so i don't bother with them, what i have lost is inches from the waist, BIG time

i went from a "usual" 38" waist up to a 42" in a few years and the 42`s were starting to get tight the work uniform only goes up to a 42" waist anyway

the 42 are now to big and keep falling down fit into my old 38" waist jeans easy, infact i now fit into a shirt i bought a few years ago, that was to small, and i could never be arsed to take it back.

its just a shame that i bought a £200 suit in December as the damn thing is to fooken big for me now

iirc i have another 4 weeks and then i`m stopping (12 weeks in total)
not the best way to do things, but worked for me so well, i can not believe how easy it is
Old 03 March 2008, 08:13 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

and how gutted am i that i threw away my "thin" clothes at the back end of last year, and now nothing in my wardrobe fits anymore as they are to big
Old 03 March 2008, 08:35 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i used to do ephidrene with asprin and caffine, (eca stack) extremely good can easily do a stone a month with no excersise, i just couldnt handle the wired feeling, felt like i was speeding for the first week lol

that was a few yrs ago hence this time im not taking anything this time
Old 03 March 2008, 08:38 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

never botherd with the asprin but caffine is in there as well (do-do)

after the first few weeks the wierd feeling went, after 4 weeks i doubled the dose and have been taking 2 per day ever since.

could probably "handle" more but dont see the point as its doing a good enough job as it is, if its not broken dont fix it and all that
Old 03 March 2008, 08:46 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

the asprin is a vital bit just get some pure asprin from tesco or whatever own brand fine its about 30p for a pot, then just take half an asprin with each dose or even just half an asprin a day

if your taking do do i also took pro polus with it
Old 03 March 2008, 08:51 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i dont see the point, i`m only taking it to suppress the appitite and its working fine as it is, i used to hammer the pro plus when i worked shifts and i value my sleep to much to start using them again

read numerous reports that the asprin is not needed as well!
Old 03 March 2008, 08:55 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

hmmn maybe it was because i was training and it was recomended to me, i was in the gym lifting every day for 2 hours min, sad but i used to be a huge mo fo not quite so more, this is how i was a few yrs back me on right then i stopped training

Quick Reply: cheated on my diet