Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hel- av sender - dvd picture - no go !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2008, 10:13 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hel- av sender - dvd picture - no go !!!

Please help - going out off my mind !!!

have a dvd player here which I want to use in conjunction with an AV sender to send the picture to the other tv sets in the house, dvd player only has one single scart socket on the rear panel but does have inputs for rca type plugs. the av sender I have here is the type that has an rca type connection at one end ( tv set itself ) and on the other end there is a scart cable that is meant to plug into the second scart off the dvd player / sky box or whatever it is you want to send thru the house to the other sets.

problem is with the dvd player only having one scart socket this is obviously taken up with the scart to tv connection, tried using an rca lead from the rca connections on the rear off the dvd player into an rca to scart adapter which itself was plugged into a switcher box but nope still cant get the dvd picture to show ,dvd picture will come up on screen off the tv set kay, can get sky+ working okay via the av sender but just cant get the dvd pic sent via av sender.

so is it the fact that I already have a connection from the dvd player ie. scart to tv that is cancelling out the second output ie the rca one ?? if so is it the case that you cannot use a av sender off this type with a dvd player only having one single scart socket ??

anyone advise ??
Old 01 March 2008, 10:17 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Do you get sound? If so, I think the problem is the DVD player is sending out a RGB picture signal on the scart (So video uses three wires: one for red, one for green and one for blue).

Video senders use Composite signal (all video signals go down one wire - thus the inferior picture quality).

There maybe an option somewhere in the DVD player's menu that will allow you to switch between composite and RGB.
Old 01 March 2008, 10:32 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Do you get sound? If so, I think the problem is the DVD player is sending out a RGB picture signal on the scart (So video uses three wires: one for red, one for green and one for blue).

Video senders use Composite signal (all video signals go down one wire - thus the inferior picture quality).

There maybe an option somewhere in the DVD player's menu that will allow you to switch between composite and RGB.

Okat thanks for the quick reply !! get sound / picture okay on the main tv but nothing on the receiving sets ie sets with the av receivers plugged in, the av sender I have does have three wires / rca plugs you mention its has a cable with a scart at one end ( end you plug the dvd player into ) and on the the other end ( one that plugs into av sender itself ) it has video / audi -left and audio right white / red and yellow plug colours.

sounds okay about changing the composite / rgb will certainly check this out you reckon there is a good chance it could be this ?? as I say its okay on the scart to tv plays fine but just not picked up by the sender itself.