Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pakistan - Youtube - censorship?

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2008, 10:28 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pakistan - Youtube - censorship?

BBC NEWS | Technology | YouTube outage blamed on Pakistan

Ir seems a shame that the Pakistani government deems the site unislamic so bans it. Surely it would be better to let people make up their own minds - ultimately people should have a choice or am i wrong.

They quote a danish cartoons - surely it is better that the people can see them if they wish to and make up their own minds?!?

This is not a pop at Pakistanis or Islam, Dubai was the similar limited acess to approved sites only so i have some experience of this myself. I am more interested in what people feel, is it better to just ban or should people be allowed to choose - if they wish to.

Last edited by The Zohan; 25 February 2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 25 February 2008, 10:55 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

there are very few societies that are free. All governments try and control content they deem undesirable.

Shame really, as people should be able to make up their minds.
Old 25 February 2008, 10:57 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Are China not havily restricted as to what they can view as well?
Old 25 February 2008, 11:00 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
Are China not havily restricted as to what they can view as well?
Yes, now you mention it i seem to remember You Tube banned in China as it has clips of the massacre in the square.
Old 25 February 2008, 11:01 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Yes, now you mention it i seem to remember You Tube banned in China as it has clips of the massacre in the square.
Is that the massacre that Ken Livingston compared to the poll tax riots when asked to justify his involvement in China?

Steve
Old 25 February 2008, 11:04 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

so much for a democratic society.

realy does show how relgion is the real reason for intollerance in the world
Old 25 February 2008, 11:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
Is that the massacre that Ken Livingston compared to the poll tax riots when asked to justify his involvement in China?

Steve

Really, did he, if so then how disgusting, people died in Tiananmen Square and hardly compares.

YouTube - 1989 Tiananmen Square Protests
Old 25 February 2008, 11:17 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Don't blame Pakistan.

Think we all have access to far too much junk nowadays especially internet wise.

Problem is,its all a bit too late
Old 25 February 2008, 11:23 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Don't blame Pakistan.

Think we all have access to far too much junk nowadays especially internet wise.

But you have a choice, no one makes you look at stuff.
Old 25 February 2008, 11:41 AM
freedomfighter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Don't blame Pakistan.

couldnt have said it better

paul , lozgti is right mate, my dad used tae say if u hang around sh1te or a sewer too long , u start stinking of it , as in hanging around wae junk or bad company and their qualities rub aff on a person

mate a human being a wonderful creature, like a diamond , cut the wrong way u destroy the value and the diamond, cut it the right way, worth megabucks and beautiful

oor brains become whit feeds them, u feed em ****, junk or trash it becomes like that, feed it wae nice sweet things and education and wonderful things u become a totally different human being

look at the innocent kids killing themselves in bridgend wales, suicide pacts via internet and japanese sites or just look at the young kids watching suicide bombers or insurgents and getting radicalised etc etc, internet can be the satan that u let in yer house and mind and childrends mind tae tend oor kids, my dear friend u have daughters u luv and just as i dae, the responsibility is oors tae make sure they have a safe upbringing and keep em away fae whit is dangerous and harmful

cheers
Old 25 February 2008, 11:49 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

the thing with food/feeding/being fed, is you chose what you want to eat.
Old 25 February 2008, 11:54 AM
freedomfighter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
the thing with food/feeding/being fed, is you chose what you want to eat.
true just like a bad diet , food is tempting even if its harmful and some humans dont have control over it, were all humans and have weakness's dont we

cheers
Old 25 February 2008, 12:09 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Sounds like Moses to me

Amen peace oot bro

As for them banning it, it shows how their government feel the need to censor them from what the rest of the world is seeing. It makes me wonder what their government is scared of?
Old 25 February 2008, 12:30 PM
freedomfighter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Sounds like Moses to me

Amen peace oot bro

As for them banning it, it shows how their government feel the need to censor them from what the rest of the world is seeing. It makes me wonder what their government is scared of?
pakistan government and all the opposition except for imran khan r scumbags and corrupt
Old 25 February 2008, 01:03 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Awrite Moses fit loch . Ah hae also foond a online scottish translatur, sae noo Ah can also gab jist loch ye in yer natife leid. stoatin, noo ye canunderstain mah kin' request nae tae dae thes an' jist post in plain sassenach thenk ye.
Old 25 February 2008, 01:16 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

The whole place is a mess, re this article: Major General who rigged Pakistan 2002 polls, spills the beans | Top News

The place is a mess and getting worse. Unfortunately you got puppets like Musharif who are letting western influences use Pakistan as another test lab to try out various failed democratic ideas - resulting in massive distrust and instead of doing something constructive the whole area closes in on itself.

It's a shame, if the country could pull it's head out of the dirt for one minute they might be able to do something about the disaster that is looming. Unfortunately for the country bullies like the US will see this as an oppertunity to move in and setup another base with a divide-and-conquer banner.
Old 25 February 2008, 01:24 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by freedomfighter
true just like a bad diet , food is tempting even if its harmful and some humans dont have control over it, were all humans and have weakness's dont we

cheers

Hi Moses,

Nope, do not agree, nothing of the sort, we need food to live/survive.

It is all about choice, no one makes people look at the internet/tv/media.

It is a choice, yes i do/no i do not.
Old 25 February 2008, 01:28 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Really, did he, if so then how disgusting, people died in Tiananmen Square and hardly compares.

YouTube - 1989 Tiananmen Square Protests
He did (Ken ) Livingston Compares Poll Tax Riots To China Massacre (Tiananmen)

Steve
Old 25 February 2008, 01:32 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen

what a scumbag POS Red Ken is, to compare it the poll tax riots is insulting to those who died and gives an interesting insight into the mind of Ken Livingstone.
Old 26 February 2008, 01:30 AM
freedomfighter
Scooby Regular

Hi Moses,

Nope, do not agree, nothing of the sort, we need food to live/survive.

It is all about choice, no one makes people look at the internet/tv/media.

It is a choice, yes i do/no i do not.

i understand mate, its a choice and u either dont or u dae, by the same token u wont agree wae legalizing drugs and all sorts of drugs and drinking tae 12 yr olds or as a whole in britain, u wont coz u know if people had a chance they would be tempted and destroy themselves and their families etc ,we wont like prostitutes selling sex ootside oor doors would we, if we had a choice we would try tae stop it

u know paul a survey woz done not long ago saying perpetrators of rape and paedophilia , people were addicted tae **** and watching it day and nite and making their minds filthy and at the end they actually commited the act of rape and those paedo's actually download filth and watch it for ages and then their minds get defiled and then they commit the act.

my friend arent humans supposed tae forbid evil and practice good works, we make many mistakes in life at least we can try, whit kinda nation or people we want, we want a safe nation dont we and kids all healthy and educated and not become vegetables or scum

cheers
Old 26 February 2008, 01:33 AM
freedomfighter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Awrite Moses fit loch . Ah hae also foond a online scottish translatur, sae noo Ah can also gab jist loch ye in yer natife leid. stoatin, noo ye canunderstain mah kin' request nae tae dae thes an' jist post in plain sassenach thenk ye.

lol u nutter haha machaterader elatoch ranga wanga manga

mate nice tae see u aboot, hows things

also paul i forgot tae say, turkey banned youtube a yr ago, it woz for a stupid reason though coz someone insulted turkishness, that woz stupid , its time tae say sorry tae armenians and open the borders and let those wonderful people in turkey and time for turkey tae look after their neighbours and close kin the armenians i say
Old 26 February 2008, 08:17 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by freedomfighter
i understand mate, its a choice and u either dont or u dae, by the same token u wont agree wae legalizing drugs and all sorts of drugs and drinking tae 12 yr olds or as a whole in britain, u wont coz u know if people had a chance they would be tempted and destroy themselves and their families etc ,we wont like prostitutes selling sex ootside oor doors would we, if we had a choice we would try tae stop it

u know paul a survey woz done not long ago saying perpetrators of rape and paedophilia , people were addicted tae **** and watching it day and nite and making their minds filthy and at the end they actually commited the act of rape and those paedo's actually download filth and watch it for ages and then their minds get defiled and then they commit the act.

my friend arent humans supposed tae forbid evil and practice good works, we make many mistakes in life at least we can try, whit kinda nation or people we want, we want a safe nation dont we and kids all healthy and educated and not become vegetables or scum

cheers
I cannot argue with a lot of this, only thing is everybody suffers due to the minority of sick and wierd and downright dangerous. I do belive more effort/toime/money should be put into way of mionitoring and untimately catching those who do download vile/sick/illegal content.

However, blanket censorship of a site such as youtube (which does not knowingly) host **** or illegal content and makes great efforts not to and remove it if someon does post it seems somewhat harsh on everyone.
Old 26 February 2008, 10:00 AM
New_scooby_04

BBC NEWS | Technology | YouTube outage blamed on Pakistan

Ir seems a shame that the Pakistani government deems the site unislamic so bans it. Surely it would be better to let people make up their own minds - ultimately people should have a choice or am i wrong.

They quote a danish cartoons - surely it is better that the people can see them if they wish to and make up their own minds?!?

This is not a pop at Pakistanis or Islam, Dubai was the similar limited acess to approved sites only so i have some experience of this myself. I am more interested in what people feel, is it better to just ban or should people be allowed to choose - if they wish to.
I like Youtube, but the people who post on there often strain credulity. Some of the comments in response to perfectly inoffensive material is shocking; as if the posting populus consists predominantly of ultra right wing 14 year olds with little formal education and even less social graces!

They may have just done Pakistan a favour!