Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A quick question about paypal and ebay, does anyone know ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2008, 01:18 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick question about paypal and ebay, does anyone know ?

Ive never used paypal to accept payment for things on ebay before as ive only used it to pay for things ive bought, does anyone know how long it takes to show up on your account once a buyer has paid ?

As an example, i had an auction running that ended on sunday evening just gone at about 7-30pm, on my ebay account it says checkout complete but under the £ sign it says "This item is pending payment through paypal". My actual paypal account shows no recieved money as yet.

Its more out of curiousity really as to how long paypal takes to transfer the funds from a buyer to a seller and to show up on your account.
Old 12 February 2008, 01:33 PM
CDF Racing
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
Ive never used paypal to accept payment for things on ebay before as ive only used it to pay for things ive bought, does anyone know how long it takes to show up on your account once a buyer has paid ?

As an example, i had an auction running that ended on sunday evening just gone at about 7-30pm, on my ebay account it says checkout complete but under the £ sign it says "This item is pending payment through paypal". My actual paypal account shows no recieved money as yet.

Its more out of curiousity really as to how long paypal takes to transfer the funds from a buyer to a seller and to show up on your account.
Sounds like he has paid with a echeque..... takes 7-10 days to clear into your account ,..... don't send anything out until it has as they can cancel it

Chris
Old 12 February 2008, 01:35 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Usually a paypal payment is instant. If they use an e-cheque then it takes longer. Never send the goods until your account shows the funds though
Old 12 February 2008, 01:46 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Thanks lads, i just wasn`t sure what the score with paypal was as ive never used them before to accept a payment. That paypal phone number is pretty useless really as its just an automated voice thing where your just basically wasting your time.

At least i know for the future now that normal paypal should be instant.

Cheers
Old 12 February 2008, 02:37 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

If he's paid with an echeque, you'll also see it immediately - it just won't be cleared funds until 7-10 days later
Old 12 February 2008, 02:50 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MartinM
If he's paid with an echeque, you'll also see it immediately - it just won't be cleared funds until 7-10 days later
When i log into ebay and click the link for my auction it says at the top of the page "This item is pending payment through PayPal. Payment was sent to: ************** on 10-Feb-08".

It says checkout has been completed under the items ive sold part but under the £ sign it says "This item is pending payment through paypal".

In my paypal account itself its showing no recent payments at all from anyone as ive never used it before to accept payments, ive just used it for paying things in the past. Weird one then if payment has been sent but its not showing up in my paypal account.

It would be handy if paypal had a normal phone number you could ring just so you can check out things like this, all ive managed to find so far was an automated phone number where you don`t actually speak to a real person.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 12 February 2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12 February 2008, 06:51 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

I paid for something the other day with paypal and even though my bank account is registered to my paypal account, they still sent an e-cheque. Any ideas why that is?
Old 12 February 2008, 07:18 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyvirgin
I paid for something the other day with paypal and even though my bank account is registered to my paypal account, they still sent an e-cheque. Any ideas why that is?
You haven't had a new bank card issued recently have you? If so you need to update the details.
Old 12 February 2008, 07:31 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Not had a new one, I have moved addresses though. Will have to take a look into card details.
Old 13 February 2008, 12:00 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

I have have got to the bottom of the problem, be careful to check this if you sell anything on ebay and you have previously just been a buyer.

When you first register with ebay you give them an email address and you get the option to change your email address in your personal settings, i had changed my email address in the personal settings but for some reason Ebay`s automated system puts your old email address in the selling preferences when you list an item so you need to be careful and check this as the payemnt was getting sent to my old email address which isn`t registered with paypal.

Its so easy to overlook as you expect Ebay`s automated system to put in your new details but it doesn`t under the payment preference, once you change it it will remember it then after.