Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Attacks on firecrews - disgusting!

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2008, 09:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Attacks on firecrews - disgusting!

The Press Association: Fire crews demand attack protection
quote from artical
Firefighters have been pelted with bricks, bottles and stones as they tried to tackle fires and have been lured into ambushes by hoax calls, according to the report.

Some people have set booby traps for crews who have also been attacked with knives, petrol bombs and lumps of wood.

FBU general secretary Matt Wrack said it is almost "beyond belief" that firemen and women can be attacked so viciously while fighting fires and trying to save lives.

"In some areas, attacking fire crews has become a recreational activity with very serious consequences. It cannot be part of anyone's job to face abuse, threats or attacks."
------------------------------------------------------------------

beggars belief really, i cannot get my head around it, I was not exactly an angel growing up but never in my wildest dreams would i have done this.

Parents need to sort this, asking where their kids are and what they are doing.

We cannot continue to let the thug culture in this country grow, it needs stamping out!

The fire servi ces cannot even turn thier hoses on them for fear of injuring the ******* - this attitide has got us to where we are today - thugs on top and they know it!
Old 11 February 2008, 10:01 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Me too ... I just dont understand it at all ???? Madness and a sad reflection of this world we live in.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:12 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

They should shout 'all stand back' or something similar then turn the hoses on them ... Im sure I read somewhere that one of those hoses can knock you off your feet....

They've had a warning not the fire crews fault if they then stand within watering distance we need to get tough with this scum... how would they feel if it was their house on fire and the fire crew couldnt get there because they were having the windscreen repaired from the last job where they were attacked ....

Grrrr..... off to get coffee
Old 11 February 2008, 10:15 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
They should shout 'all stand back' or something similar then turn the hoses on them ... Im sure I read somewhere that one of those hoses can knock you off your feet....

They've had a warning not the fire crews fault if they then stand within watering distance we need to get tough with this scum... how would they feel if it was their house on fire and the fire crew couldnt get there because they were having the windscreen repaired from the last job where they were attacked ....

Grrrr..... off to get coffee
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

you can't do that, you may injure them
Old 11 February 2008, 10:17 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

If the police armed whatever they are called shout ...stand clear armed police..... if you then stand in front of them and get hurt is it the fault of the police

forget that i know the answer to that one ....... it would be the fault of the police.....
Old 11 February 2008, 10:18 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Loved seeing the chav fall off the fleeing tender, hope he was hurt.
Sickening, totally.
They should not have to put up with that sort of abuse for a second. And being set up by setting fire to a car then calling and waiting for them to turn up!!! Makes me real angry
Old 11 February 2008, 10:19 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Loved seeing the chav fall off the fleeing tender, hope he was hurt.

Yeah I bet he is on the phone as we speak to 'claims R us'

Old 11 February 2008, 10:19 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

you can't do that, you may injure them
Here lies one of the issues, you hurt them, they sue you and they know it!

IMHO when a person decides (and it is a choice they make) to commit a crime of any sort then they forfeit their human rights. No one makes them do it ti is a choice they make.

Perhaps the firecrews should spray them with a bright hi-vis dye so they can easily be spotted and picked up after the event.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:20 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

I like that idea Paul

Should use that hi-vis dye at football riots and all sorts of things... I guess it would be against human rights though
Old 11 February 2008, 10:26 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

It's easy to say "not in my day" but, yes, in your day. This is not a new problem.

Obviously everything needs ot be doen to stamp it out.

What is slightly concerning is that the Official figures saw a drop of 68%, the nunber obtained by the Freedom of information act saw a rise of 15%.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
It's easy to say "not in my day" but, yes, in your day. This is not a new problem.

Obviously everything needs ot be doen to stamp it out.

What is slightly concerning is that the Official figures saw a drop of 68%, the nunber obtained by the Freedom of information act saw a rise of 15%.
Morning Peter, no one said that it has not happened before, the worry is it is on the increase, like most other violence and antisocial behaviour, contary to some gov't stats.

Funny that of the firecrews get injured then tough luck. injure a scumbag and you will cop it financially and could end up with a criminal record.

Peter, the scumbags are getting on top increasingly in the UK. They know their rights, they know not much will be done and if caught some soft sentencing and a criminal record, how much does a criminal record bother a scumbag - not too much!

If i had to say when i thought things changed for the worse then it would be when corporal punishment was prohibitied in schools, we lived in fear of knowing that this was an option, nowdays the teachers get a **** you, as do the emergency services.

I do not agree with caning kids for the sake of it but the threat and humilliation was enough to deterr most. If i had gone home after having the cane then i would likely get the same or at least punished at home as well.

In 2008, the parents of scumbags are more likely to buy them a bottle of vodka to drown their sorrows, i was shocked to hear that 60% of booze suppled to underage drinkers is supplied by the parents, WTF is going on

Last edited by The Zohan; 11 February 2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11 February 2008, 11:17 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I used to work with a part-time retained fireman. He used to tell us about some of the staged shouts they got called to, dumpsters on fire alongside tower blocks, cars on fire in courtyards, etc

Two of their guys got suspended without pay for blowing a stone-throwing chav off a first floor balcony with a hose, unfortunately the little **** survived the drop

As a result of that and other incidents, all the crews at that particular station refused to attend any fire on that particular estate unless they had a Police prescence. Some may say that's harsh on the law abiding residents, but I say **** them, it's those same law abiding residents turning a blind eye that has caused the problem to reach this stage in the first place
Old 11 February 2008, 11:21 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Two of their guys got suspended without pay for blowing a stone-throwing chav off a first floor balcony with a hose,

Good.

And got the sack too with a bit of luck.
Old 11 February 2008, 11:25 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes my blood boil when I hear about attacks on firecrews.....and ambulance crews for that matter.

These people dedicate their lives to saving others, they shouldn't have to put up with tw@ts attacking them!
Old 11 February 2008, 11:28 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

it's those same law abiding residents turning a blind eye that has caused the problem to reach this stage in the first place
Them and the parents.

At the Sheff Utd vs Scunny match this weekend, there was a young lad literally screaming filthy abuse at the opposition fans, the opposition team, and the officials.

An old man nearby asked him to tone it down, and he then turned his filthy invective on the old bloke, while his father (?) sat watching with a smug smile.

However, he WASN'T smiling so much when a few of us younger blokes told him to get the kid under control or we'd have the pair of them removed.

Alcazar
Old 11 February 2008, 11:30 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Makes my blood boil when I hear about attacks on firecrews.....and ambulance crews for that matter.

These people dedicate their lives to saving others, they shouldn't have to put up with tw@ts attacking them!
I agree.............although I have thought of chucking a brick or two myself when they go past my house at 3 am with sirens screaming

Alcazar
Old 11 February 2008, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It really is time that the authorities abandoned their strange dogma's over the treatment of teenage thugs and hooligans and started to allow the police to give them "what for" with some real punishment which they really dont want to get again. I think a public flogging with a "cat 'o nine tails" would not be out of order. Full embarrassment with painful corporal punishment would do a power of good. All this sheer nonsense about the fire crews not being able to defend themselves is totally the wrong attitude since the nasty oiks will just get worse because they have nothing to fear.

I am afraid that if I was a fireman in that situation I would find it very difficult to hold the hose on the fire when I was being so badly distracted by these shameful attacks.

Les
Old 11 February 2008, 11:32 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Good.

And got the sack too with a bit of luck.
So your happy that firecrews are hospitalised on a regular basis with no recourse for compenstion then

If the little **** hadn't been there throwing stones and bricks, he wouldn't have fallen would he
Old 11 February 2008, 11:33 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Agreed - But then answer is not to take the law into your own hands. Blowing a kid from a balcony with a hose because they "claim" he was throwing stones at them is not only immensly stupid - It opens up the service to all sorts of litigation.

Whoever put my post as "unwanted" might want to try engaging thier brain.
Old 11 February 2008, 11:35 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

So your happy that firecrews are hospitalised on a regular basis with no recourse for compenstion then
Yes :Rolly eyes straight back at'cha:
If the little **** hadn't been there throwing stones and bricks, he wouldn't have fallen would he
So you think that the fire service should be able to take the law into thier own hands?
Old 11 February 2008, 11:54 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

So you think that the fire service should be able to take the law into thier own hands?
There is a difference between going out capping scum vigilante style and defending yourself from vicious and unprovoked attacks using the means you just happen to have to hand though, don't you think

It's only because of the failure of the vast numbers of left-wing chimps currently paralysing our courts and essential services to recognise that a ****** is a ****** and should be treated as such, that the emergency services have even become open to litigation from this type of scum

The police interview with that kid should have read thus:

Officer: Why were you on that particular balcony at that time sir?
Scum: I was waiting for the fire engine to turn up to the fire my mate had started, so we could chuck bricks at the crew.
Officer: What happened after the fire crew arrived, sir?
Scum: I stood up to throw a brick, and two of them turned the hose on me, causing me to fall backwards from the balcony to the ground.
Officer: Unlucky! Maybe you'll now think twice before trying it again, goodbye sir.
Old 11 February 2008, 11:58 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

There is a difference between going out capping scum vigilante style and defending yourself from vicious and unprovoked attacks using the means you just happen to have to hand though, don't you think
I just think that if you are a public service, you have to be very careful before you start enagaging the public in anything other than a "service".

By that I mean, if you attack anybody be it in self defence or whatever, it is effectively your word against thiers, and it can lead to a heap of trouble.

Oh and don't forget to mark this as being negative you ****ing **** (not aimed at you crispy)
Old 11 February 2008, 12:01 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Beggars belief
Old 11 February 2008, 12:07 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'd remove the last line of your above post Pete, just not needed.

I take your viewpoint that it opens up the service to all sorts of issues, however the alternative is to just stand there and let them brick you. If the fire is serious and you have to put it out, there is no reason why we should expect fire crews to just stand there and be assaulted.

If they have to turn the hose on someone to protect themselves, then that is exactly what they should do. There should be very little argument, fires are dangerous and no normal person would choose to be there anyway.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:09 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

Parents need to sort this, asking where their kids are and what they are doing.
Don't be silly, the parents (on the whole) are despicable pondlife who represent one of the few philosophically justifiable 'yes' answers to the question: 'shall we introduce eugenics'. I see them everyday at various retail parks around South Wales, normally slouching out of Argos in stained jumpers and shiny tracksuit bottoms before heading off for their family meal in MaccyDs. Once they've filled their repugnant guts with sugar and fat they bother my salesmen for a bit whilst the kids look for something to break. They're c|_|nts!

Last edited by JTaylor; 11 February 2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: had to tone it down a bit.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:14 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
I'd remove the last line of your above post Pete, just not needed.

I think people that hand out negative reviews because they happen to disagree with them are ****ing ***** -IMHO of course.

I mean I don't really care either way - It' just if you give me a negative post thingy, expect to be called a ****ing **** - Everyone knows where they stand.

If a mod wants to remove it I have no objections of course.
Originally Posted by Luminous
I take your viewpoint that it opens up the service to all sorts of issues, however the alternative is to just stand there and let them brick you. If the fire is serious and you have to put it out, there is no reason why we should expect fire crews to just stand there and be assaulted.

If they have to turn the hose on someone to protect themselves, then that is exactly what they should do. There should be very little argument, fires are dangerous and no normal person would choose to be there anyway.
But you start getting into the definition of proportional force. Is blowing a kid off a first floor with a fire hose balcony proportionate to having stones thrown at you? Of course not.

That's where the problem lies - you are advocating fire services taking the law into thier own hands and that is just asking for trouble.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:18 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

But you start getting into the definition of proportional force. Is blowing a kid off a first floor with a fire hose balcony proportionate to having stones thrown at you? Of course not.
Whilst it's a bit daft/vigilante/disproportionate, I'm still glad that the little barsteward's taken a hammering. I'm sure his mate's won't be out fireman baiting for a while.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:23 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Agreed - But then answer is not to take the law into your own hands. Blowing a kid from a balcony with a hose because they "claim" he was throwing stones at them is not only immensly stupid - It opens up the service to all sorts of litigation.

Whoever put my post as "unwanted" might want to try engaging thier brain.

No I guess taking the law in to their own hands isn't the answer. They should be provided with some sort of protection though. I guess it's hard not to try and defend yourself from attack though.

My anger is more aimed at why chav scum think it is alright to do it in the first place!

Quick Reply: Attacks on firecrews - disgusting!