Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

LG VIEWTY!

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2008, 09:37 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG VIEWTY!

Thinking of getting one and would like to know if they are easy to use, cos most LG phones have a crap menu system, and im guessing this might be amplified by the touch screen?

However the youtube vids of it look pretty cool, and the camera looks mint!

Dont fancy an iphone cos i dont like to pay for my upgrades, and they dont MMS!

Any thoughts please people??
Old 16 January 2008, 09:43 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Dont fancy an iphone cos i dont like to pay for my upgrades, and they dont MMS!

They will do very soon but like you I ain't paying for an upgrade

LG is on my list too.
Old 16 January 2008, 10:18 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Wife got one as an upgrade, kept it for 3 days and slung it back.

User unfriendly - there's nothing like trying to use amenu driven call handling system when the bloody keypad has gone off and it takes all sorts of buggering about to get it working again...

Menu system is crap.

Camera's good, though.

SB
Old 16 January 2008, 10:38 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

A truely awful handset imo. I had it for a few days and sent it packing.

The clear/delete key is not immediately apparent and even the manual doesn't tell you. I had to ask customer services. You would expect the touch screen keys to have one but its in between the answer and end call buttons WTF. Anyone who has seen the phone will know what I mean.

Menu system isn't that great, soft keys aren't that precise either. The scroll bars suffer as the soft keys are not precise. The screen is a great size for web and email access but again you will suffer from a bad interface it isn't that easy to select the website options, tabs online even with the stylus and on that subject it looks like an after thought to include it.

Must say I was able to view scoobynet with this handset and it had 3G over the i-phone. I may look at the i-phone next but my SE k800 is miles better than the LG so I'll keep a hold of that for now

Last edited by ESH; 16 January 2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 17 January 2008, 12:53 AM
serega
Scooby Regular

Never buy LG phones, they are trying to get ahead of the competition with the technology they cant make work properly.
Old 17 January 2008, 02:25 AM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

The VIEWTY was the top of my upgrades for when I get back to UK next month, guess I will be sticking with SE afterall
Cheers
AC
Old 17 January 2008, 08:04 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one as a stop-gap whilst I wait for Orange to release the P1 or N95 black. It's a bit clunky, I would bother again.
Old 17 January 2008, 08:08 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I was hoping to get one f these on the 26th, (upgrade) dont think I will bother now
Old 17 January 2008, 08:50 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I was looking at one, as my next upgrade, it looked so promising, and after using touch screen phones before was used to there oddity's somewhat.

I was dismayed to see, no hidden stylus, (it comes as a carry round extra)

and the volume/ focus was a sliding ring on the back (hmm)

the one i saw running was on the 3 network, and i didn't like the way the £ logo's dominated the screen.

the last touchscreen phones i used took care of chunky digit owners, and nothing was placed to close to the screen edge, not so the viewty, with a very thin and tiny scroll bar placed near the edge

In the end i went for an N95black

Although saying that ive hardly used it, its a complex beasty

Mart
Old 17 January 2008, 10:35 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ESH
A truely awful handset imo. I had it for a few days and sent it packing.

The clear/delete key is not immediately apparent and even the manual doesn't tell you. I had to ask customer services.
the phone has 3 keys, green phone, a C key and a red phone!!

How can it not be apparent

I upgraded my SE W850i to this and its the best move I have made, sound is crisp and clear, easy enough to operate with fingers (even though I have the stylus attached and do tend to use that), can watch divx vids on it, menus are simple mine is on 3 so maybe the layout is different to other networks.

Text messaging is brill as well, you can have it set so its a qwerty keyboard which for me means quick messaging
Old 17 January 2008, 10:37 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I finally decided on an upgrade just before leaving for holiday.
A Nokia 5610 Xpress Music phone.

Dont really use it for music. But looks good, takes excellent pictures, and is an easy to use phone
Old 17 January 2008, 10:37 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serega
Never buy LG phones, they are trying to get ahead of the competition with the technology they cant make work properly.
mine works fine and so does my missus LG chocolate
The only thing I will say is it doesnt pick up as strong a signal as my SE W850i did in certain areas, but I would rather have a phone that had realistic signal showing that one that exagerates it like a lot of the nokia phones used to do (still may but I dont work with them now)
Old 17 January 2008, 01:53 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmm, thanks for the replies people!!:

I think on balance ill wait till i know someone whos got one and have a play myself!

From the reactions on here it might not be the best phone!

Are there any good phone out in the next two months????
Old 17 January 2008, 02:06 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

After having had mine for a month or two, I really love it.

If you want to have a play, just go into any shop and ask. Got the best deal on Orange from Phones4u, not the Orange shop next door.

Cheers

Ian
Old 17 January 2008, 02:08 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had one for about a month, at first it was great, then I got annoyed with it, customised it a bit and now its cool again.

Bad points were battery life, but as its a new phone, I surfed the web, listened to music and video called daily. I've taken some battery saving measures now, brightness off, 3G off, tones off, and its improved.

You can even customise it to have an iPhone menu system.

Take a look here, KU990 .co.uk | Home | LG KU990 Viewty, T-Mobile KU990 Viewty, 3 Three u990 Viewty, O2 KU990 Viewty for the "modding" side of things.

I like it again, and it feels to wierd having to use conventional phones with buttons now.
Old 17 January 2008, 03:10 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Phones 4U are a bunch of rip off *****, imo of course

I was with them before going direct with t-mobile, they charge stupid late fees, and cut you off with in 7 days if you dont pay your bill!

How do i know this, well i dont pay by direct debit as its a liscence for a company to take the pi55 with your account, so i have my bill posted and i phone up and pay with my card!
One month phones4u never sent me a bill, and i have a life so dont sit there waiting for bill to arrive, so it slipped my mind!
The first thing i know about it is when i try to make a call 7 days later and my outgoing call are barred, and my incoming calls are barred in 24 hours!
So i go into the shop to tell them i never got a bill this month and my phone is cut off, they basically said it was my responsibilty to pay on time, so tough!

The bill arrives the next day with a 35 quid late charge on top of the 30 a month priceplan!

So i moved direct to t-mobile asap cos i dont want ***** getting my money to pay for those ******* ridiculous adverts with!

Same thing happened with t-mobile about 9 months later(suspect postman )

They were great, no late fees, no cut off, a big apology, and my next bill would be voided as a gesture of goodwill!

Phones4u exist to give phones to subprime people who are more likley to default, thus make them money in charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 17 January 2008, 09:55 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
the phone has 3 keys, green phone, a C key and a red phone!!

How can it not be apparent
Hi Jay,

The full paragraph read:

"The clear/delete key is not immediately apparent and even the manual doesn't tell you. I had to ask customer services. You would expect the touch screen keys to have one but its in between the answer and end call buttons WTF. Anyone who has seen the phone will know what I mean."

Also the C looks more like a U on its side ponitless to promote a touch screen but revert to a hard key for delete. Anyway this is my feedback.

Esh
Old 18 January 2008, 07:44 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ESH
Hi Jay,

The full paragraph read:

"The clear/delete key is not immediately apparent and even the manual doesn't tell you. I had to ask customer services. You would expect the touch screen keys to have one but its in between the answer and end call buttons WTF. Anyone who has seen the phone will know what I mean."

Also the C looks more like a U on its side ponitless to promote a touch screen but revert to a hard key for delete. Anyway this is my feedback.

Esh
Hi Esh

I read the full paragraph, wasnt having a go, I have seen the phone (do own it) I was just saying it is very apparent (maybe its just me though), I do agree about it should maybe have one on the screen especially for the text messaging though