Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Finally done it, well pleased with myself

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2007, 08:57 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally done it, well pleased with myself

Under 100kg for the first time I can remember in god knows how long.

Snazy's Space

Only a little way and a little time of this crazy diet left now, and god I feel good

Started training a bit today too.
Old 17 December 2007, 09:29 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

well done snazy!

I need to lose some weight as well, and having read your blog today i've actually got a bit of inspiration
Old 17 December 2007, 09:54 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
well done snazy!

I need to lose some weight as well, and having read your blog today i've actually got a bit of inspiration
Aww cheers mate Thats sort of why I did it, and so I can look back and remind myself not to go back there
Its an extreme diet, but my god it works.
Old 17 December 2007, 10:54 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

I've not read your other posts on this, (mainly out of shame: 5'8" and 12 st 7 lbs, and my FOOD calorific intake per day is under 2000 I reckon my liver probably weighs 2 stone alone)

WHY did you decide to lose a load of weight, or were you told to?

Alcazar
Old 17 December 2007, 10:56 AM
martinbrown
Scooby Regular

Well done matey, keep up the good work because you will feel so much better for it. I've been off work on the sick for about 2 1/2 months with my broken ribs and im really struggling to get myself motivated so i have some idea of how your feeling.
Old 17 December 2007, 10:57 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I've not read your other posts on this, (mainly out of shame: 5'8" and 12 st 7 lbs, and my FOOD calorific intake per day is under 2000 I reckon my liver probably weighs 2 stone alone)

WHY did you decide to lose a load of weight, or were you told to?

Alcazar

I decided to. Was affecting my lifestyle and it needed to go. I was the best part of 19 stone, so had a fair bit to lose.
Since I used to train, my weight hovered at 16 stone, but chunky.
Since stopping I have put on more and more over time, been ill, and just got fed up of it.

12-7 for that height is not that bad, depending on your bodyframe

How much under 2000 calories is it, and what sorts of foods? Also, you say food, what about liquids?
Old 17 December 2007, 10:59 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martinbrown
Well done matey, keep up the good work because you will feel so much better for it. I've been off work on the sick for about 2 1/2 months with my broken ribs and im really struggling to get myself motivated so i have some idea of how your feeling.
Cheers Martin, the being off work sucks dont it! Bored bored bored. 3 dog walks a day and making appointments to do things left right and centre!

Cheers for the congrats too, I already feel amazing. A bit gutted about not being able to board yet, but will get some long weekends in on the slopes later in the season and enjoy my new found light weight and flexability
Old 17 December 2007, 11:05 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Snazy
I decided to. Was affecting my lifestyle and it needed to go. I was the best part of 19 stone, so had a fair bit to lose.
Since I used to train, my weight hovered at 16 stone, but chunky.
Since stopping I have put on more and more over time, been ill, and just got fed up of it.

12-7 for that height is not that bad, depending on your bodyframe

How much under 2000 calories is it, and what sorts of foods? Also, you say food, what about liquids?
Nail, head. Liquids is what's doing me: alcohol.

I eat ONCE daily. Few, if any snacks, maybe a biscuit with my morning coffee. Three cups of coffee a day with very little milk and two sugars in each.
Food: Meat and two veg, most nights. Meat ranges from chops to steak to mince to sausages. Once in a while I'll do bacon, eggs and chips. Very little bread. Always oven chips and all meat done in the oven. Fresh veg, or frozen type. Hardly ever eat baked beans etc.

Alcazar
Old 17 December 2007, 11:14 AM
Al9
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

good going.whats ur secret diet?i was a porker(22st 5'10) about 3years ago,i had eating and doing 1 to 2 hours in gym,and got to 14st(in 4 months),felt good got my current partner as reward for my hard work,but now up to 17st.so want to get back down again but dont feel like doing what i did those years ago as i was moody as hell and tired all the time plus,partner is pregnant so after work want to spend time with her.so any tips welcome.cheers al
Old 17 December 2007, 11:14 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well done, now comes the fight to keep it like that

Les
Old 17 December 2007, 11:24 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Well done, now comes the fight to keep it like that

Les
With my mental state, thats the easy part, but we shall see how that changes. Freedom to do things I could not before is good motivation right now

Al9 LighterLife
Hard going but SO very worth it. coming on 3 1/2 stone in 6 weeks gone Hardly hard work either lol.

Alcazar, eating once a day might seem good but your metabolism will be slow as hell, especially with all your intake in the evening, with starchy and fatty foods in the evening.
Also your right, alcohol aint gonna help at all.

I would recommend this plan to anyone really, its only 8 weeks of your life and offers you a fresh start to eating and life
Old 17 December 2007, 12:15 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Well Done - I've spent a fair bit if time sorting out weight and my physical shape.

Finally at 13st (5ft 10) - but I used to weight train. I've got a slight stomach, but I'm not bothered about getting the visual six pack. My shape was more important than the actual weight loss. I'm a "v" shape now

Having said that, it's all about perceptions. This one should make you chuckle.

My 4yr old and I were in Boots the other day, and she was by the BMI machine. She asked if she could go on it. I said, "No - that machine is for measuring how fat you are. You're not fat!"

With a degree of silent contemplation, she looked back up at me, and said, "Well, Daddy - you go on it then"!!!!

Little s0d.

DAn
Old 17 December 2007, 12:17 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Well Done - I've spent a fair bit if time sorting out weight and my physical shape.

Finally at 13st (5ft 10) - but I used to weight train. I've got a slight stomach, but I'm not bothered about getting the visual six pack. My shape was more important than the actual weight loss. I'm a "v" shape now

Having said that, it's all about perceptions. This one should make you chuckle.

My 4yr old and I were in Boots the other day, and she was by the BMI machine. She asked if she could go on it. I said, "No - that machine is for measuring how fat you are. You're not fat!"

With a degree of silent contemplation, she looked back up at me, and said, "Well, Daddy - you go on it then"!!!!

Little s0d.

DAn

lol you got to love a kids honesty eh

Well done on the weight loss and toning too
Old 17 December 2007, 12:21 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Ta - wouldn't go as far to say "toning" - I like alcohol and cr@p food too much!!

But it's just a case of moderation now

And a labrador and mountain bike to try and keep on top of it!

DAn
Old 17 December 2007, 01:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Ta - wouldn't go as far to say "toning" - I like alcohol and cr@p food too much!!

But it's just a case of moderation now

And a labrador and mountain bike to try and keep on top of it!

DAn
Haha fair play mate, as long as your keeping on top of things.
I am gonna stay close with LL so if I pack a few on I can get some food packs and fight it within weeks.

I have my mountain bike, exercise bike, getting a treadmill and bench in after Xmas, and of course the beloved Malamute to keep me exercised. And of course the motivation of a fox during a hunt
Old 17 December 2007, 04:59 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Snazy,

Come to an Essex Scooby Crew meet, where you'll find the average height is 6ft5 and weight about 18 stone. You'll feel anorexic by the end of the night
Old 17 December 2007, 05:47 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
Snazy,

Come to an Essex Scooby Crew meet, where you'll find the average height is 6ft5 and weight about 18 stone. You'll feel anorexic by the end of the night
lol sounds good to me, but then I would get a complex and stuff my face.

Just got back from one of the meetings, and officially on their scales I have dropped 9lbs this week. Not bad for week 6.
2 full weeks to go, and they have agreed I can go onto management first week of the new year, which means a nice fresh start to 2008, and I will be allowed to eat on holiday, woohoooooooo