Old 15 December 2007, 07:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Father to do 50 hours community work for disciplining daughter

Truancy slap dad convicted - Mirror.co.uk

Court fines father for slapping daughter - The Star

So wtf is he supposed to do then she threw a brick through her Mums window and then refuses to go to school. Basically she is untouchable and he will end up in jail for not sending her to school

And they wonder why this Country is full of scum with no fear of anything
Old 15 December 2007, 07:30 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What hope is there really?

If all she got is a slap then I think he was very restrained. The fact that the CPS wasted their time with this just defies belief.

They'll send him another summons next week for allowing his daughter to play truant from school.
Old 15 December 2007, 07:37 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Nice girl
Old 15 December 2007, 07:48 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

"your stuff is on the lawn" would be my response to that little madam.
Old 15 December 2007, 07:50 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luminous
"your stuff is on the lawn" would be my response to that little madam.
He'd probably get done for littering
Old 15 December 2007, 08:07 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

"A father who was convicted for slapping his teenage daughter says he would do the same again if it made her respect him."

and there's the problem.....this is a bloke that thinks giving a child a backhander across the face (which is what she got.....not a slap on the behind like the papers would have you believe) will get him respected by her.

growing up with that is it any wonder she's like she is....kids are MADE by their parents - they have made this one badly and slapping her about wont help.
Old 15 December 2007, 08:24 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Kids are NOT made by their parents these days, only paid for by them. They ARE however made by their "friends" and in particular by this bloody nanny state.
Old 15 December 2007, 08:31 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Snug Rhino
"A father who was convicted for slapping his teenage daughter says he would do the same again if it made her respect him."

and there's the problem.....this is a bloke that thinks giving a child a backhander across the face (which is what she got.....not a slap on the behind like the papers would have you believe) will get him respected by her.

growing up with that is it any wonder she's like she is....kids are MADE by their parents - they have made this one badly and slapping her about wont help.
"the defendant's commitment to his family was such that he was working full time despite needing medical treatment for a painful hernia."

Yeah sounds a right sh1tty Dad, most people only have to sneeze these days and they are running to doc for a 9 month sicknote
Old 15 December 2007, 08:55 PM
Lisawrx

It seems like the Dad was in a no win situation, do nothing and he'll be done for allowing her to skip school, discipline her (right or wrong approach) and he gets convicted.

Just think, if he'd smacked her across the ****, instead of the face as has been said, he'd no likely be done for sexual assault in this current state of affairs we're in.

You just can't do right for doing wrong anymore.
Old 15 December 2007, 10:30 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Labour: tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime............as long as it's easy to prosecute, no come back on us, not likely to be contested, hits no labour supporters, achieves our targets easily, makes us look like we are doing something, costs as little as possible, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

B@stards!

Alcazar
Old 15 December 2007, 10:51 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Sometimes you play devils advocate effectively - the rest of the time you just post complete sh1te.......

If I had behaved like she does when I was 14 there is a good chance I would be dead and buried by now. I was taught right from wrong in a very loving family, but when I crossed the line from right to wrong, the only expected outcome was a kicking from teachers, parents and rozzers alike. This guys only fault was slapping the waster in front of witnesses and leaving telltale marks. But don't worry too much - when you are paying tax to keep her in a nice house when she is too stupid to have a job, at least you will know that her father has paid the price for making her stupid
Old 15 December 2007, 11:14 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

the reason he's giving her back hands at 14 is because he was a crappy dad between 0-13

as a father of an 11 year old i can not imagine a situation where i would strike her in the face anymore than i would punch one of my sons.

"Kids are NOT made by their parents these days, only paid for by them."

Pathetic argument by someone that either has no kids or has them and has failed them. No decent parent would negate the role they have in raising THEIR child so readily.
Old 15 December 2007, 11:16 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
when you are paying tax to keep her in a nice house when she is too stupid to have a job, at least you will know that her father has paid the price for making her stupid
dont get me wrong, i have no desire to fund the scum child - i'm all for sterilising these retards after their first shoplifting offence..........but i dont understand how a grown man busting a childs lip helps the child, the parent or my tax bill?
Old 15 December 2007, 11:20 PM
Lisawrx

When I was young, I was often kept in line when I did act up, with a smack. It never did me any harm, and that along with being in a loving family where I was taught right from wrong, I'd like to hope I've turned out ok.

I personally feel I have alot of respect for others and the law, and that is down to my parents and to some degree, my own mindset, but I can safely say a smack has never done any harm. It hasn't made me go out and abuse others, nor think bad of my parents.

The fact any form of discipline has been taken away from anyone can't help society, and in no way am I saying parents should beat their kids either.
Old 15 December 2007, 11:26 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Question

the reason he's giving her back hands at 14 is because he was a crappy dad between 0-13
I have a sister in law who managed to raise three brilliant kids and one who I would like to punch in the teeth. Kids are now 16, 14, 13 and 12. The 13 yo is a complete ****** - the others are the best kids you could ever wish to meet. Do you reckon that they were good parents for 3 kids and let the middle one be a ******?
Old 16 December 2007, 12:12 AM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

I'd have given her the thrashing of her life, the little effin scumbag.
Old 16 December 2007, 12:17 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

as a father of an 11 year old i can not imagine a situation where i would strike her in the face anymore than i would punch one of my sons.

Pathetic argument by someone that either has no kids or has them and has failed them. No decent parent would negate the role they have in raising THEIR child so readily.

Hey Snug Whino,

Show me ONE single parent that can say their childs behaviour and attitude is solely down to them as parents and I'll show you a lying bastar*
I do have kids by the way and would not (unlke yourself it seems) consider that my children are so far up my **** that they fail to see the way this country is heading and choose to capitalise on it.
Old 16 December 2007, 09:56 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

This realy is a lose/lose situation.

The kid sounds like a monster - The father should never have struck her across the face.

Whewre the hell do they go from there.

I can never imagine a situation where i would hit my children across the face, they do get a tap (not has hard as a slap) on the legs or hand if they are bad, usually persistently bad, not hard but enough to stop them in their tracks. At the ages of 2 1/2 and 5 the 'naughty step' is ther best answer.

Parenting is not easy at the best of times, hitting is not the answer, the fear of a punishment should be enough in most instances.

I do worry about them getting older and making friands with undesirables or bad influences, you just do your best to instill right and wrong and good values.
Old 16 December 2007, 10:18 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

At what point can he legally ask her to leave the house?

Is this not the only recourse he has left? (in terms of punishment)

"Behave yourself, or you will be out of the door at 16" or whenever.

Shame if it came to that, but what other options does he have left?

I agree with the "Shouldn't have to hit them in the first place", POV, but can also see the "She was a bad 'un, for whom there was no other way" side too.

Tough one without knowing all of the facts.

Asif
Old 16 December 2007, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Children have to be taught discipline and respect for authority right from the start if they are to fit inton an ordered society. The only way to achieve that with some children, not all, is with some degree of corporal punishnent if all else fails. A sharp slap on the back of the leg will works wonders but is has to be hard enough to sting.

This chap is an example I imagine of having made "a rod for his own back" when the child was growing up and she is doubtless adversely influenced by others of her age who are similarly indisciplined. Once a child has reached that age she will be most likely to be incorrible and that will have also done her no favours in later life.

This Lefty PC plonking idea of the prats who have made it illegal to smack a child in a significant manner has gone a long way to cause all the problems we are having these days with juveniles as well of course the attitude of so many modern parents who cannot be bothered to bring up their children at all anyway.

Les
Old 16 December 2007, 11:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
This Lefty PC plonking idea of the prats who have made it illegal to smack a child in a significant manner has gone a long way to cause all the problems we are having these days with juveniles as well of course the attitude of so many modern parents who cannot be bothered to bring up their children at all anyway.

Les
Yup, a sensible law to prevent children being abused. The law is then abused so parents/rteachers cannot punish - and the kids know it.

Kids and poor/bad/neglectfiul parents all seem to know what their rights are but no idea of their responsibilities.

When i was a lad (now i know i am old when i type when i was a lad)) we had respect for our parents, teachers and the Police, and other people in general, yes we did some silly things as well but is we got coaught we got punished and we know right from wrong - and how far to go.

taking a letter or a bad repoert home from school meant trouble and a punishment.

Being taken home by the police if you had been bad meant a bloody good hiding/grounded.

being bad at school meant lines/detention or in severe cases the slipper or cane - and for real bad kids onfront of the school at assembly (pretty sure, from memory)

There was a stigma attached with being bad, now is is seen as cool.

We have kids growning up watching the likes of Big Brother, etc where being rude badly behaved and acting without thought or care for others means they get fame and fotrtune. Not a great example to set is it...
Old 16 December 2007, 11:57 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

What is the problem ? the child is uncontrolable and needs a slap. I had a fair few at a that age and the odd full on punch as well becuase I was an absolute pain in the ****. Some kids need a beating and its a parents job to hand it out when the time is right.
Old 16 December 2007, 12:39 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree with both of the above posts of course. And I also agree that children although they should be liable to corporal punishment should not be abused either. There is a big difference between that and sensible corporal punishment.

Les
Old 16 December 2007, 12:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I agree with both of the above posts of course. And I also agree that children although they should be liable to corporal punishment should not be abused either. There is a big difference between that and sensible corporal punishment.

Les
What seems to be lacking is that we can use commone sense in situation like this, legislation seems to negate the need for it and replace it with riules that in theory are sensible and protect those who need it.

The reality it that they are misuesd and abused

Common sense approach and not a nanny state is what is needed imho!

Last edited by The Zohan; 16 December 2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 16 December 2007, 01:42 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Some kids need a beating and its a parents job to hand it out when the time is right.

Staggering attitude
Old 16 December 2007, 01:47 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
Hey Snug Whino,

Show me ONE single parent that can say their childs behaviour and attitude is solely down to them as parents and I'll show you a lying bastar*
I do have kids by the way and would not (unlke yourself it seems) consider that my children are so far up my **** that they fail to see the way this country is heading and choose to capitalise on it.
Childish insults, insistence that any opinion other than yours is wrong, failure to take responsibility for your children's behavior, blaming the country for your offsprings attitude issues.........what a nice role model
Old 16 December 2007, 04:39 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Words fail me, If she was my daughter she would be looking for somwhere else to live she certainly has no respect for her parants
Cheers
Colin
Old 16 December 2007, 05:35 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I don't think belting a 14 year old will make the slightest difference except. perhaps, to make the situation worse. It's just too late by then. But I really don't know what the answer is.

From my experience it is largely the parents (and a two parent family will make it easier) who will influence the child's behaviour but a significant factor will be peer pressure although the parents can influence this as well by "selecting" their friends at an early age. FB also has a point about there being decent families but with a black sheep in the mix. I have seen this and, again, I have no idea why this happens or what a parent can do about it. I have seen this more when there are 3 kids in the family and I expect psychologists will have some ideas. dl
Old 16 December 2007, 09:56 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Staggering attitude
Why ?
The public school system used to be based on the cane as the main form of discpline now thats gone a section of society cannot control their children.

Quick Reply: Father to do 50 hours community work for disciplining daughter