Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Human Rights gone mad???? .....

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2007, 08:23 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Human Rights gone mad???? .....

They met whilst they were both in prison.. they have 3 other kids between them... HUMAN RIGTS for who ??? The child?

Murderer and wife in IVF court win

Press Association
Tuesday December 4, 2007 10:28 PM
The European Court of Human Rights ruled that Britain had breached the rights of a murderer and his wife by denying them access to artificial insemination.
Kirk Dickson, 35, wants to have a baby but will not be released from prison until 2009 at the earliest. By that time his wife Lorraine, 49, of Beverley, East Yorkshire, who already has three children from other relationships, will be 51.

The couple's legal team put their case before the Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg in January. They argued artificial insemination was their only chance to have a child of their own and that a Home Office decision to deny them the treatment breached their human rights.

The couple met via a pen pal network in 1999 while Mrs Dickson was also in prison, and married in 2001. Dickson is serving life for murder at Dovergate Prison, Uttoxeter, with a minimum sentence of 15 years. They launched a legal battle in October 2001, but two years later then-Home Secretary David Blunkett rejected their bid.

He gave a number of reasons, including a lack of evidence about how the child would be supported financially and public concern that the punitive parts of Dickson's prison term were being circumvented.

Both the High Court and the Court of Appeal then rejected further attempts to get their bid reconsidered, before the Dicksons went to the European courts. They claimed the Home Secretary's decision violated Articles 8 and 12 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

These concern rights to a private and family life and the right for men and women to marry and found a family.
Last year a panel of seven judges at the European Court of Human Rights found by a majority of 4-3 that the Home Secretary's decision did not violate these rights.
The judges took into consideration the gravity of Dickson's crime and the welfare of any children the couple might conceive.
The Dicksons then took their case to the court's Grand Chamber, which hears the most important cases. The court ruled in their favour, awarding them 5,000 euros in damages and 21,000 euros in costs.
Old 05 December 2007, 08:46 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Amazing isn't it - they comit murder (or she has anyway) - taken away someone's child, someones mother/father possibly - ruined a whole family - get put into prison to pay their "dues" (like that would make the pain a bit better for the grieving family) and then splurt human rights!!! what f***ing right did they have to murder?
This country makes me sick! everything is SO politicly correct and all these human right activists are just as bad! Poor kid!
Well, I hope artificial insemination fails them miserably.
Old 05 December 2007, 08:51 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Insane, I know.
Old 05 December 2007, 08:53 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Disgusting
Old 05 December 2007, 08:56 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I think the UK should get away from being under the umbrella of Europe and it ****ing courts of human rights etc
Old 05 December 2007, 08:59 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

time to walk away from Europe, what good does it do us?
Old 05 December 2007, 09:02 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ms Gooner 1
Amazing isn't it - they comit murder (or she has anyway) - taken away someone's child, someones mother/father possibly - ruined a whole family - get put into prison to pay their "dues" (like that would make the pain a bit better for the grieving family) and then splurt human rights!!! what f***ing right did they have to murder?
This country makes me sick! everything is SO politicly correct and all these human right activists are just as bad! Poor kid!
Well, I hope artificial insemination fails them miserably.
I quite agree it's disgusting, but 'this country' refused them permission. It was the nameless Euro numpties who agreed with them. Blame the European Court, or their immoral lawyers, but blaming the country's a bit much
Old 05 December 2007, 09:03 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Luminous
I am sure some will tel us just how badly off we will be.

This is madness and an abuse of the human rights act, we should pull out of it, we managed before, in reality you need to use common sense and compassion and take each case on its merits.

We must not carry on like this.
Old 05 December 2007, 09:06 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
in reality you need to use common sense and compassion and take each case on its merits.

We must not carry on like this.
Totally agree.... whatever happened to common sense... and how are these now 4 children going to be supported... Id love a houseful of kids... but..being a self employed british citizen... we cant afford it
Old 05 December 2007, 10:12 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We are all going to hell in a hand cart
Old 05 December 2007, 10:18 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Off course the kids can be supported, did you all miss the part she got 26k Euros compensation?!?!?

Anyone committing serious crimes should be stopped from breeding IMO.
Old 05 December 2007, 10:24 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

That could easily go to... all those that cant support their kids shouldnt have any, The whole world has gone crazy.

Dont get me started on those that deserve..... my 14 yr old wants to go into medical science when she leaves school and there is some tutor support thing at school that she doesnt qualify for because she is not underpriviledged.... HTF does that work.... !

Underpriviledged no... but my other half is ona slippery roof in the rain repairing a leak !! Grrrrr dont get me started Im off to tescos ...

Morning Dave
Old 05 December 2007, 10:30 AM
Enigma
Scooby Regular

total madness
Old 05 December 2007, 10:31 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

The system sucks in that sense, Parents made to spend everything theyve worked for and live close to poverty to give their kids a brighter future and the circle begins again.

Problem is, the kids who are entitled to the help because theyre "underpriviledged", are in alot of cases the ones who are not interested anyway, growing up to be the next generation of scum on our streets. Off course there are exceptions from this though and it is nice to be able to offer them some sort of future.

Hard to call on who deserves help and who doesnt unless we go out of our way and help all those who are capable.

Good morning (two days in a row, dont I feel priviledged )

Last edited by davegtt; 05 December 2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05 December 2007, 10:35 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
That could easily go to... all those that cant support their kids shouldnt have any, The whole world has gone crazy.

Dont get me started on those that deserve..... my 14 yr old wants to go into medical science when she leaves school and there is some tutor support thing at school that she doesnt qualify for because she is not underpriviledged.... HTF does that work.... !

Underpriviledged no... but my other half is ona slippery roof in the rain repairing a leak !! Grrrrr dont get me started Im off to tescos ...

Morning Dave

Tescos on a wednesday morning Prepare to dodge the unemployed chavs stocking up on super strength lager and cheap cider, ready for the afternoons double bill of jerry springer.
Old 05 December 2007, 11:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
You heard it here first!

Les