Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2007, 09:50 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default job interview questions needing help

for the last 2 days i'm really stuck on a few questions

1, what is your greatest achievements?

2, give example of a recent situation which you had to take a particular disciplined approach to your work

3, give me an example of a situation you got out of your way to help a customer
Old 26 November 2007, 10:02 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I conduct interviews reasonably frequently and hope I can help.

Assume that you are looking for inspiration here - only you can think of some real life happenings of course. Don't make them up whatever you do as even a slightly good interviewer will see straight through you . You will be expected to relate your experiences.

1. State both work and private life achievements that you are proud of- the interviewer wants to see some passion and balance I'd expect.

2. Discipline = When did you keep focus on the job in hand despite the distractions going on around you. Interviewer is probably looking for application of a robust method above just perseverance.

3. Think of a situation where you felt that you did a great job and made a customer really and demonstrably happy. That'll probably be the one they are looking for.

HTH
Old 26 November 2007, 10:07 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

..and based on Suresh's examples, if you tell the truth without embellishment it works wonders
Old 26 November 2007, 10:18 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

my problem is i don't really have a "greatest" achievement

only that question now i'm stuck

Originally Posted by Suresh
I conduct interviews reasonably frequently and hope I can help.

Assume that you are looking for inspiration here - only you can think of some real life happenings of course. Don't make them up whatever you do as even a slightly good interviewer will see straight through you . You will be expected to relate your experiences.

1. State both work and private life achievements that you are proud of- the interviewer wants to see some passion and balance I'd expect.

2. Discipline = When did you keep focus on the job in hand despite the distractions going on around you. Interviewer is probably looking for application of a robust method above just perseverance.

3. Think of a situation where you felt that you did a great job and made a customer really and demonstrably happy. That'll probably be the one they are looking for.

HTH
Old 26 November 2007, 10:57 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wwp8
my problem is i don't really have a "greatest" achievement

only that question now i'm stuck
Sounds honest - put that down then. Relate a pretty good one then and tell them you're still looking for that 'greatest experience' - which is why you've applied, isn't it?
Old 26 November 2007, 11:56 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Sounds honest - put that down then. Relate a pretty good one then and tell them you're still looking for that 'greatest experience' - which is why you've applied, isn't it?

good answer.. i wonder is it acceptable.

you're very pro
Old 27 November 2007, 08:28 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Disagree - think that if in your life you do not have any achievement that you could call great, I'd wonder what you were doing with it all. I'me damn sure you have hundreds - we all do, but it is remebering the right one. You have the time to think so do it. And get something good. The more personal the better, then it reflects you and tnot the masses.

Trending Topics

Old 27 November 2007, 07:25 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

had my interview today. none of those questions came up. lol

anyway will find out maybe tomorrow if i get the job.

in the meantime , i had another call 1 hour after that interview, and am successful to have a face to face interview at nationwide direct

btw my first one was at Ventura CC.

in an unbiased situation, what would you choose for a career path between Ventura CC and Nationwide direct.

i'm not 100% sure about pay
Ventura is quoted £6.66 ph. and on the site says about £13500 (not including any bonuses which i'm not too bothered)
Nationwide Direct is not too sure too, cos on the paper Advert it says £13500, but on their site it says starting sal. from £12000 -£12500

having said that i haven't been offered a job yet, but i'm just curious, and btw have anyone worked at any of these places before?