Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

POLICE.

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2007, 02:28 PM
CHUNKY.MONKEY.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLICE.

i was on my merry way home at 0300 this morning on the M25 just doing my normal 65-75 mph and much to my dislike a traffic cop came right up behind me (too close) then pulled out stright into outside lane no indicator and must of gone over a ton no blues or twos
then bout 15mins later i was approching a entry slip as i was half way past another traffic cop came shooting down and instead of matching his spead he put his boot down and pulled infront of me nearly taking my front bumper off again with no indicators no blues or twos so i switched on me interior light and gave him the wa*ker sighn (if that was an old person they could have paniced and had an accident) !!!!!!!!! i mean how can they pull people over and do them when there driving like this????????? these should be setting an example absolutley disqusting
anyone elses encounters
Old 23 November 2007, 02:53 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Because they are w*nkers. They were probably trying to bait you, so you did something illegal that they could do you for.

Something to laugh about while stuffing there faces with Donuts.
Old 23 November 2007, 03:07 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Old 23 November 2007, 09:15 PM
CHUNKY.MONKEY.
Scooby Regular

yeh i know mate i wouldnt give em the satisfaction, anyway i was on the way home he was still working
and i get paid more then them
Old 23 November 2007, 09:29 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHUNKY.MONKEY.
yeh i know mate i wouldnt give em the satisfaction, anyway i was on the way home he was still working
and i get paid more then them
And so you should
Old 23 November 2007, 09:41 PM
CHUNKY.MONKEY.
Scooby Regular

Old 23 November 2007, 10:12 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

I had a police incident tonight. 2 hoodies kicked the the wing mirror off a car 2 doors down from me tonight. I reported it even though the owner of the car didn't want to take the matter any further mainly because my partner had her mirrors taken off a few times overnight and we thought is was just due to passing cars. May be so but after seeing tonight's act of vandilism not so sure.
Old 24 November 2007, 04:11 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Lads! . . . I'm really not sure what this thread is about , but I'd like to contribute by saying that all coppers are w@nkers!!

. . . .Cheers!!
Old 24 November 2007, 04:41 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

And how many coppers do you actually know?
Old 24 November 2007, 04:54 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Oh sorry pal!! I take back my statement, and replace it with " to know them is to love them" . . .

My mistake . . .What was I thinking??

Cheers!
Old 24 November 2007, 05:23 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I hereby award you this week's "Scoobynet Sweeping Generalisation Award"
Old 24 November 2007, 07:39 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

You think they are w@nkers until you need them. Then they will be your best buddies.
Old 24 November 2007, 07:49 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I think that your opinion of the Police is just a reflection of your own character.

If you think that they are all w*nkers it is probably because, when stopped, you act like one yourself and are therefore treated like one.
Old 24 November 2007, 07:56 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Never had a good incident with them.... from being stopped and detained for an hour in a car park because they thought I had done something (later to apologise and say they had wrong person), to being run off the road by them, to having cctv evidence of threats of violence and them not attending later incidents, In fact the advice given was phone for a fire engine because you are guarranteed a male presence... Shall I go on ?
Old 24 November 2007, 07:59 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

I forgot one.... being forced off the road by a chav in a saxo and then being chased or when i pulled over to let him past tried to run into the side of me and giving the police a running commentry on the hands free to be told... they were busy !

turns out later he was known to them... that was in April of this year and Im still waiting for them to return my call as to what action they are taking ....
Old 24 November 2007, 08:01 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

from being stopped and detained for an hour in a car park because they thought I had done something (later to apologise and say they had wrong person),

Not much wrong with that to be honest, at least they were investigating a crime. If someone nicked your car and the Police had a suspect and let them go without investigating, you wouldn't be too happy. Plus they apologised, what more can they do?
Old 24 November 2007, 08:03 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Yeah not bad I guess to say I had a 3 month old baby in the car and it was february and freezing and he wouldnt let me leave the engine running to keep her warm....
Old 24 November 2007, 08:05 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

It seems like most of your problems come down to the Police being too busy, this is the fault of government not individual officers. I bet 95% of them would love to get out and solve more crime rather than spend 7 hours filling out forms for one arrest.

I would suggest checking out some of the Police forums to see the frustration that they feel because they are unable to do their job. It's far too easy to generalise and say all Policemen are bad.
Old 24 November 2007, 08:06 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlkKnight
You think they are w@nkers until you need them. Then they will be your best buddies.

Nope, when I needed them and they told me that I couldn't report a crime on a 999 line. Then they closed the 'investigation' into my stollen car in less than 24 hours. So I still think they are w@nkers.
Old 24 November 2007, 08:08 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

or they need more common sense ..we all get frustrated in our jobs... we're roofers can somebody control the rain for us please.... Its more a case of common sense and the way they come over... the one in the car park was a young lad who at the end of the 'conversation' said.... well blue scoobs are two a penny arnt they you see them all the time.... really ??? Is that the way to get the public to like and help you? That two a penny blue scoob was paid for CASH and probably cost when I bought it brand new more than you earn sonny
Old 24 November 2007, 08:09 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

What emergency were you calling 999 for?
Old 24 November 2007, 08:12 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I'm sure some Police do have an attitude, but put it another way, when you watch Road Wars, or Police, Camera, Action, who do you think are the w*nkers, the Police, or the scum they have to deal with.

Perhaps because the previous 5 people that young Policeman dealt with were chav scum, he treated you with that in mind? I'm not saying that's right, but I'm just making the point that you don't know what else he'd put up with that day.
Old 24 November 2007, 08:28 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
I'm not saying that's right, but I'm just making the point that you don't know what else he'd put up with that day.
Maybe he's in the wrong job then ....
Old 24 November 2007, 08:37 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Or maybe, as I said earlier, your opinion of them is a reflection of your true self!

I reckon there's 3 options:

1. All Policemen are w*nkers.
2. You've been incredibly unlucky and every time you speak to one they treat you like sh*t
3. Your attitude towards them is making them less than sympathetic to you.
Old 24 November 2007, 08:46 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Depends,

when i had my motorbike stolen & trouble with my ex inlaws they were fantastic

when i witnessed an accident following the theft of a car, and identified the driver leaving the accident scene, they were useless, still waiting for them to come and interview me/ take a statement as discussed. that was 5 years ago!!

Or the RTA where someone admitted driving with undue care and attention, was on the wrong side of the road, overtaking on a bend. There initial professional diagnosis, no offence committed It wasn't until my insurance company started legal proceedings did they re interview and give an official caution to the other driver involved.

Or the other RTA where somebdy ran into the back of me in the wet. that apparantly too dosen't warrent an offence of UCA (possible defence for the future ??)

So as you see they can have good days and bad days like the rest of us.

Mart
Old 24 November 2007, 09:57 AM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

I smell bacon....
Old 24 November 2007, 10:31 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol got to love the haters.
As above, you hate them til you need them.

With some of the threads on here, about assault, violent crime, car thefts etc..... now imagine how much worse it would be with no one at least trying to make a difference.

Had a couple of irritating moments with police, but as a whole, I think they do a fantastic job, and deserve a pat on the back for having the ***** to deal with some of the crap they do.

Without knowing where they were going and why, its hard to judge their actions. However it is hard to justify the lack of indication.

Did they pass you and enter the slip road? If so, maybe it was a last ditch effort to get infront without hard braking.
Old 24 November 2007, 11:10 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I worked for them for ten years and met some very decent and interesting people, some get jaded from dealing with arseholes day in day out, some are w4nkers on a power trip but not many.

Ask yourself if you could cope with that job day in day out, drug dealers, domestics, whinging tossers, people get off cos of the CPS, kiddie fiddlers, shoplifters, sudden deaths, fatal RTA's, getting spat at etc etc

CHUNKY MONKEY, whatever the copper did it would be best to make a formal complaint, taking the registration and other details, giving the w4nker sign is just inviting some negative attention by goading them to react, the ONLY way to deal with coppers is to be nice as pie and if you have a problem use the complaints procedure, and afaik driving with the interior light on is an offence as is your gesturing, do yourself a favour and dont bait coppers, especially ones that fancy taking out their frustrations on a cocky Impreza driving lad.

Surprised you didnt get a night in the cells or a producer for your troubles.
Old 24 November 2007, 11:20 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Police are just like anyone else-some are very good blokes and every now and again you meet one who is "jumped up" and thinks he is the cat's whiskers and terribly superior because of his positon.

A lot of today's problems stem from them having to spend most of their working day filling in useless paperwork in order to attempt to fill government targets thus helping their senior officers up the career ladder!

Les
Old 24 November 2007, 12:25 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I worked for them for ten years and met some very decent and interesting people, some get jaded from dealing with arseholes day in day out, some are w4nkers on a power trip but not many.

Ask yourself if you could cope with that job day in day out, drug dealers, domestics, whinging tossers, people get off cos of the CPS, kiddie fiddlers, shoplifters, sudden deaths, fatal RTA's, getting spat at etc etc

CHUNKY MONKEY, whatever the copper did it would be best to make a formal complaint, taking the registration and other details, giving the w4nker sign is just inviting some negative attention by goading them to react, the ONLY way to deal with coppers is to be nice as pie and if you have a problem use the complaints procedure, and afaik driving with the interior light on is an offence as is your gesturing, do yourself a favour and dont bait coppers, especially ones that fancy taking out their frustrations on a cocky Impreza driving lad.

Surprised you didnt get a night in the cells or a producer for your troubles.

Nicely put mate!

Les again fair play mate, they dont make the laws or choose the incentives.... moan at the people at the top and Labour for that.

Quick Reply: POLICE.