Assignments or Course Work..

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2007, 10:38 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Assignments or Course Work..

Does anyone know any website where we could download assignments or course work..

I remember there use to be afew sites but cant find them no more..

Can anyone help me..
Old 23 November 2007, 12:14 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Sti_Prodrive
Does anyone know any website where we could download assignments or course work..

I remember there use to be afew sites but cant find them no more..

Can anyone help me..
Do you mean like buying pre-written answers to questions/essays?

As someone who lectures at university mate, I would sincerely suggest you don't. Apart from it being totally dishonest and disrespectful to your teachers, your peers and yourself, lecturers can put coursework through software, such as 'Turn it in' that would highlight any instances of plagarism and direct them straight to the source you used! Upon being found out, at the very best, you'll fail the component of the module you're taking, at worst, you'll be booted off the course entirely. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on!

Ns04
Old 23 November 2007, 12:15 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Plagarism is taken very seriously within the academic society.
Old 23 November 2007, 12:35 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Plagarism is taken very seriously within the academic society.
Yes, it is and rightly so Without the assurance of integrity, academic awards aren't worth the paper they're written on.

I caught one student last week - they're now facing the boot!

Ns04
Old 23 November 2007, 06:49 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I thought I was the only one who booted students for plagiarism!!

Dan
Old 23 November 2007, 06:59 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
I thought I was the only one who booted students for plagiarism!!

Dan
LOL, it's actually a very "official" for want of a better term at uni, mate. The tutor themselves can't do it. The student is reported to the module leader, who decides if there is a prime facie case for plagarism. If so, the student in question will now be asked to attend a hearing in which they will be given the opportunity to fess up/defend their work. If they don't or simply don't attend, they're out. If they do and come clean, then the punishment depends on the nature of the offence (some might attract an instant boot) More often for a first offence the student will fail the component of the module on which they cheated/or the entire module and be given a warning. If they re-offend, they're out.
Old 23 November 2007, 08:05 PM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is one of the reasons why I left my position as a senior lecturer in archaeology. Students are depending more and more on the internet for researching (if it can be called that) their essays and they don't think cutting and pasting material and offering it up as their own is wrong.

However, I think this has something to do with School education - my daughter is told to look on the internet in order to do her homework. It seems only natural to use the internet as a free source of information that can be used legitimately as their own. It is then only a small step to down loading pre-written assignments.

Nick
Old 24 November 2007, 12:23 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Nick_Cat
This is one of the reasons why I left my position as a senior lecturer in archaeology. Students are depending more and more on the internet for researching (if it can be called that) their essays and they don't think cutting and pasting material and offering it up as their own is wrong.

However, I think this has something to do with School education - my daughter is told to look on the internet in order to do her homework. It seems only natural to use the internet as a free source of information that can be used legitimately as their own. It is then only a small step to down loading pre-written assignments.

Nick
We tell stuents that we want academic peer reviewed work cited in their essays amd quote from wikipedia, John's home page etc... will not be accepted.
Old 24 November 2007, 12:29 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

It depends largely on the reason behind the request, as it just may be a way of studying the format and structure an assignment takes.
Old 24 November 2007, 12:51 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
It depends largely on the reason behind the request, as it just may be a way of studying the format and structure an assignment takes.
my biggest problem with essays and the like were how to structure them correctly,the actual info i was supposed to convey was my own i just had problems with how to get it onto the page in an acceptable way instead of jumping from one subject to another and back wasting pages writing useless info to back up what i was writing,by looking at other essays or reports not always on the subject i was studying helped me