Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Some foreign fooker using my address...

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2007, 06:57 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Some foreign ****** using my address...

To apply for home insurance and most worryingly a Natwest Black credit card!
Now no crime has taken place per se however I can't help but be a little concerned.
Thus far I have contacted the police whom, due to the fact nothing has really happened as yet are only willing to take my details and I have also contacted Natwest. Now due to the volume of calls because of the lost disks the fraud dept. couldn't talk to me today but I am taking the application in to a branch as instructed by the call handler I spoke to.
Has anyone come across this before? I assume unless this **** diverts my mail then he'll never actually get his hands on the forms to get a card however I can't help but be a little concerned about this all!

Cheers

Paul
Old 21 November 2007, 07:07 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

obtaining pecunary advantage by deception is a crime (what the army bloke was found guilty of in who wants to be a millionaire case).
Old 21 November 2007, 07:10 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Yes it happened to my Sister some years ago

Someone had the same address but different postcode, and IIRC she used to run a catalogue and somehow one of her letters got sent to the 'other' address by mistake, so they took it upon themselves to start ordering goods making sure their postcode was on so they recieved the goods, and my sister got the bills
Old 21 November 2007, 07:21 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
Now no crime has taken place per se however I can't help but be a little concerned.
Thus far I have contacted the police whom, due to the fact nothing has really happened as yet are only willing to take my details and I have also contacted Natwest. Now due to the volume of calls because of the lost disks the fraud dept. couldn't talk to me today but I am taking the application in to a branch as instructed by the call handler I spoke to.
Has anyone come across this before? I assume unless this **** diverts my mail then he'll never actually get his hands on the forms to get a card however I can't help but be a little concerned about this all!

Cheers

Paul
How did you find out what was being applied for?

I don't think the police are interested in any fraudulent credit card stuff these days.

Bad luck and I hope it gets sorted.dl
Old 21 November 2007, 07:21 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
obtaining pecunary advantage by deception is a crime (what the army bloke was found guilty of in who wants to be a millionaire case).
I'll think you'll find O.P.A does not excist anymore, it was repealed after they brought in the 2006 Fraud Act
Old 21 November 2007, 07:36 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
How did you find out what was being applied for?

I don't think the police are interested in any fraudulent credit card stuff these days.

Bad luck and I hope it gets sorted.dl
The application for home insurance was delivered here a few weeks ago with Polish name on it. The wife thought it was nothing more than a clerical error however yesterday a credit card application arrived with the same name attached. It was the 2 of them together that started alarm bells rining for me. It may come to nothing but then again it may just be a test of the water for a scam to start?? That said the Black card is their highest card with required income of +£75k!

Paul.
Old 21 November 2007, 08:23 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG

Cheers

Paul

They have obtained services by deception (that they wouldnt have been entitled to had they not decieved the bank and claimed to live at your address). Id raise it with the Police and then complain (formally) until the workshy slackers take it on (ten years ago the notion that a PC would decide which criminal activities warranted his being arsed would have seemed fanciful, wouldnt it?).

Simon
Old 21 November 2007, 09:10 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

The thing is that I don't know if they have actually obtained anything other than the applications which of course have have been delivered here and I have them in my possession.
Who's to say they are not trying to tie their name to the address and getting stuff via online applications.

Paul
Old 21 November 2007, 09:17 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

In that case the charge should be attempting to...