Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bulgaria's forgotten children

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2007, 10:58 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely agree. Clearly malnourished child with a broken leg on in a so called european country. because their bones are fragile fixing a broken leg is not important. One of the benefits of Europe should be fixing things like this but really they could not care less becasue they care more about how bendy bananas are.
Old 19 November 2007, 07:24 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

ah, so this was what my mrs was talking about in the car this morning.

she was going into great detail about the little girl who looked a bit "funny". and her handbag.

i had to tell her to stop discussing it, as it was genuinly upsetting me. dunno why, but child abuse is the worst thing for me to try understand.
Old 19 November 2007, 09:54 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Had to turn it off as find it too miserable to watch but made me think just how bloody pathetic the European Union politicians really are. We had all the boll0x from them in this country about how we have to comply with measurements so no lb's and oz and everything in kg and grammes etc yet they allow Bulgaria into the European Union when they have the highest numbers of mentally and physically ill children institutionalised and neglected and basically imprisoned for being 'different'.

Nothing like concentrating on getting their priorities right. They seem only interested in the most minor of issues (non issues to most) and refuse to open their eyes to anything that is actually gob smackingly important such as human rights.

Time this country got away from the 'rule' of those complete and utter useless and self important morons. Oh and then the taxpayers money could also stop being wasted by paying the most into a system this country gets the least out of
spot on!
Old 19 November 2007, 12:54 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Whilst it's all very disturbing, you have to ask what is likely to be the best for the future.

Knocking the Bulgarians back and refusing to let them play within the EU isn't likely to improve the situation.

Get them in a little bit. Show them how it's good for them. Do the culture thing and use the EU with it's extra layer(s) of politicans to discuss and improve things.

I'm not particularly tolerant myself. I can just about accept that Germans like velvet and dicky bows (Herr Professor etc...) and can dress a bit "Conan" when it gets cold.

Bulgaria is on Europe's eastern doorstep. We SHOULD be able to have an influence. It's not like they're from (insert name of utterly foreign distant country) Australia?

J.
Old 19 November 2007, 01:11 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ stone him ^^
Old 19 November 2007, 01:23 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

My wife and I saw the programme the first time round a few weeks ago. She wanted me to turn it off but I said unless we watched we'd really have no idea just what horrors are still out there. So we watched, were appalled, got angry, cried - all the emotions others have been through - and then thought "What next?"

My wife contacted the producer.

Things are happening but the main thing they need is money - but we don't trust them with it

They need medical equipment and medicines - but they steal them.

So what the hell do we do?

We are ordinary people sitting on our sofas, watching this ghastly indictment of the so-called human race - we have no clout to make things happen yet we know it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Any ideas anybody?
Old 19 November 2007, 01:33 PM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

I watched it and had tears in my eyes, can't we the big charity organisations get involved?
Old 19 November 2007, 01:47 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I am going to get infracted for this I know!

I agree about children etc but don't you think we need to get our own house in order first before we start resolving other countries problems?. Poking or nose into other peoples business and trying to westernise an democrotise them is getting England in to more **** than it can handle, we are now a massive terrorist threat due to poking our nose in the middle east, and now the bleading hearts are showing TV progs aimed at making you open your wallets again to give to yet another 3rd world country that is not going to change its human rights and neglected kids just because England throws money at it. As a previous poster already said the money raised gets stolen, the food and clothing gets stolen and doesn't reach its targets! we have been throwing aid and money at Africa for donkeys years and has it made any difference?? yes it has! they now have bigger bombs, more guns and bullets to attack each other with but has it brought the place out of poverty? has it bollox.

England has its own problems with child abuse and abandoned kids so lets sort them out before sending millions of pounds of tax payers money to yet another corrupt country.

Awaits the infractor 3000!
Old 19 November 2007, 01:59 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

I'm waiting for the post that says "if we deported all the illegal immigrant bogus asylum seeking benefit-claiming Bulgarians in the UK they could work harder in their own country and solve this problem".
Old 19 November 2007, 02:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They will be exactly like our own politicians in that they care only for themselves and think nothing towards the people. God help us if that constitution gets ratified!

Les
Old 19 November 2007, 04:20 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Christ! I didn't even say Jehovah!
Old 19 November 2007, 04:22 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

^^ stone him with bigger stones ^^
Old 19 November 2007, 05:09 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

T'was an absolutely shocking documentary. Although I found it a little unfair how they almost made out as though the carers were the ones to blame... It's the government that are to blame.
Old 19 November 2007, 05:38 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

The Director blamed the staff and would n't take responsibility. There were children there just because they were deaf FFS!
Old 19 November 2007, 05:47 PM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
I am going to get infracted for this I know!

I agree about children etc but don't you think we need to get our own house in order first before we start resolving other countries problems?. Poking or nose into other peoples business and trying to westernise an democrotise them is getting England in to more **** than it can handle, we are now a massive terrorist threat due to poking our nose in the middle east, and now the bleading hearts are showing TV progs aimed at making you open your wallets again to give to yet another 3rd world country that is not going to change its human rights and neglected kids just because England throws money at it. As a previous poster already said the money raised gets stolen, the food and clothing gets stolen and doesn't reach its targets! we have been throwing aid and money at Africa for donkeys years and has it made any difference?? yes it has! they now have bigger bombs, more guns and bullets to attack each other with but has it brought the place out of poverty? has it bollox.

England has its own problems with child abuse and abandoned kids so lets sort them out before sending millions of pounds of tax payers money to yet another corrupt country.

Awaits the infractor 3000!

here here.... charity starts at home. we have children here, sleeping rough, been abused and looking for adoption, so lets put them first. i'm sorry, but my child comes first, then the children of our country... besides, with bulgaria part of the EU, the children from there will be coming as immigrants soon... meaning any spaces we have in our special schools and homes, will be given to them, and our future kids who need help, we be pushed out into the cold... fact of living in the pit we call britain.
Old 19 November 2007, 09:28 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stringostar
here here.... charity starts at home. we have children here, sleeping rough, been abused and looking for adoption, so lets put them first. i'm sorry, but my child comes first, then the children of our country... besides, with bulgaria part of the EU, the children from there will be coming as immigrants soon... meaning any spaces we have in our special schools and homes, will be given to them, and our future kids who need help, we be pushed out into the cold... fact of living in the pit we call britain.
Spot on Stringo and Wurzel!
Old 19 November 2007, 10:00 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you watch the programme Paul?

F
Old 19 November 2007, 10:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
Did you watch the programme Paul?

F
Hi, some, found it too heavy going and did not want to continue.

However, it does not change that we need our own house in order first and charity does begin at home.

fwiw i donate one days' salay a year to childrens charities, so does mrs Paul + we give to Children in Need, NSPCC and Winstons wish.
Old 20 November 2007, 12:41 AM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

all my hard earned cash goes on my partner and child, to ensure that they have a healthy and ful filling life.. any else i have goes on asthma uk charity, as i have asthma, and those guys are doing everything they can to aid my standard of living