Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Saw IV

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2007, 09:00 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw IV

Saw this last night as mate cocked up the times and as only thing seemed worth watching. Was better than I expected as didnt seem to focus on extreme gore like Saw 3. Other than the opening scene there wasnt much at all really and even that was that real looking - just try to get you with the sound effects.

/SPOILER ALERT

The script is quite twisted but I like the way it runs parallel with the previous film. Probably why its come out so soon afterwards.

Simon
Old 01 November 2007, 09:39 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one. Dying to see who carries on after John
Old 01 November 2007, 09:41 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

A lot better than the 2nd and 3rd films I thought, but its getting a bit formulaic & predictable now.
Old 01 November 2007, 10:15 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great film.. confused the hell out of everyone I've spoken to though
Old 01 November 2007, 11:42 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

/Spoiler Alert

The only confusion I have is what the hold over Detective Hoffman is to make him Jigsaws apprentice. Obviously the starting scene in the morgue is actually the ending and the tape says the games are just beginning. So how does a dead Jigsaw have a hold over him still or is Hoffman just in it for the pleasure so to speak?

Simon
Old 01 November 2007, 12:19 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Saw this last night as mate cocked up the times and as only thing seemed worth watching. Was better than I expected as didnt seem to focus on extreme gore like Saw 3. Other than the opening scene there wasnt much at all really and even that was that real looking - just try to get you with the sound effects.

/SPOILER ALERT

The script is quite twisted but I like the way it runs parallel with the previous film. Probably why its come out so soon afterwards.

Simon
Guys: If you are considerate enough to put in spoiler alerts, please leave sufficient distance between them and the offending text so as not to render the warning completely redundant!!

NS "nearly as dissapointed as when someone told him that Bruce Willis is a Ghost all along in the Sixth Sense" 04

Opps!
Old 01 November 2007, 06:50 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I saw it last night and thought it was rubbish!

Just didn't seem to be any real point to the film and the way the victims ended up in their games was a bit of a cop out/let down too. I was bored for the most part and there wasn't really anything cringe worthy, gory like in passed films. This would have been fine if the film used suspense as a substitute for its lack of explicits but it didn't.

Theres a fifth film on the way...
Old 01 November 2007, 06:52 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

/Spoiler Alert

The only confusion I have is what the hold over Detective Hoffman is to make him Jigsaws apprentice. Obviously the starting scene in the morgue is actually the ending and the tape says the games are just beginning. So how does a dead Jigsaw have a hold over him still or is Hoffman just in it for the pleasure so to speak?

Simon
Old 01 November 2007, 07:03 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Angry

/Spoiler Alert

Simon
P1Fanatic you plonker
Old 01 November 2007, 10:16 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

me and the mrs went to see it on its debut night last friday. bloody excellent like the other three.

my personal fav is when that poor african american dude gets twisted and snapped head to toe in the 3rd film i think it is.

easily my favourite series of films to date, close second being the "final destination" trilogy.
Old 01 November 2007, 10:23 PM
Deano_P1
Scooby Regular

Seen it on the weekend.

Really enjoyed it even though it was a little confusing at the end!!

Roll on SawV!.....