Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Will it turn up and what should I do?
Yes it will arrive, just keep it, its there now
8.33%
Yes it will, but its later than late, reject it
16.67%
No it wont, but hang in there, stick to the 1st choice
8.33%
No it wont, demand a refund and buy the new one.
66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Will it show up or am I wasting my time?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2007, 12:12 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it show up or am I wasting my time?

Short version of a long story.

Ordered a dog run/kennel from Ebay. Allow 10 working days for delivery... On the 28th Sept.
The guy is useless at replying to emails, comes up with great stories of how his computer broke so he has to use his daughters, the couriers have let him down, tryin a new courier, using a good old courier, paid double the delivery cost to get it to me by this morning.

Well.......... its afternoon now!

He told me I could have it Friday, I said I needed to know for sure as I needed to take the day off.
Thursday night he replies saying Saturday (good thing I didnt take a day off)
So here I am now, gone midday, 3 weeks after buying it and nothing!

So I contacted an alternative supplier, says he can have his with me by wednesday. I actually prefer his item.

So with all that in mind, whats the betting the other one turns up later on today. Just when I want to tell them to shove it.

If it does, what you reckon.... tell them to take it back ?
Old 20 October 2007, 12:27 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Have just sent him a shirty message saying even if it arrives today, if its after 2, I wanna go out, and will go out, so he can have it back and refund me.

13.55 is my guess of the time it turns up !

I sent...

Demi, at this point its gone midday on the second day I have waited at home for this kennel and nothing. I get 2 days off a week like most, and am now wasting one of them at home waiting for something I should have received days ago.

I will be going out at 2pm, so should it arrive after this time there will be no one here to accept it. If this should happen, I will have no choice but to request a refund for the item and source one else where.

I apologise for the tone of this message, but am extremely frustrated at wasting so much of my time. I am already £150 out of pocket from taking Friday off. I am not willing to invest anymore time in this.

Michael
Old 20 October 2007, 01:05 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

13.00 no sign.....

Hmmm

He has always been so confident in his replies that it will show when he says.
Assured me it would be here this morning.

Strange thing is, only seems to reply to messages when I say I want my money back.
Old 20 October 2007, 01:20 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

You've been very patient....
Old 20 October 2007, 01:49 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 47 NAT
You've been very patient....
lol your telling me!

Im bored now so will post up some of the stupid excuses I have had so far.

Remember
I contacted him BEFORE buying and was told LESS than 10 working days no problem.

hi i am so sorry not to get back to you sooner,but i am having real problems with my usual courier and have spent the last 2 days trying to find another,the difficulty i have is that the weight is 110k,and the largest panel 6ft,anyway to cut a long story short i have now got a great company who i am going to trial for a couple of weeks,your kennel can be delivered to you either friday this week or monday next week,as this is the days they cover your area,please let me know which suits you best, and i will let them know sorry again regards demi

hi i am so very sorry,i feel terrible about this,your consignment number is 23***24,and the telephone number is 01634 ******,this is just a nightmare,but i am trying to do my best honestly,this was unforseen thats why i am paying £90,i am so sorry about this i am really upset with it all as well,please accept my apologies,but i know you will be delighted with the kennel when you finally get it regards demi
Hi, Nightfreight are the company who are picking up from us in the morning and you will receive it Saturday morning. Once again, i am so sorry for all these problems, and thanks for your patience and understanding. Regards Demi
hi thankyou so much, dont worry it will be there,i am sorry about having to take the wasted day off,i feel terrible about it,so glad it is friday today,feeling very stressed this week,but you have been very undrstanding thanks again regards demi
hi, i am just letting you know that the kennel will be with you saturday morning now as my courier has really let me down, they dropped a bombshell on me today to tell me that all deliveries are held back a day as they have been held up over recent postal strikes, and the extra cargo has caused chaos, and they wanted to deliver on monday next week, i have had to arrange for another courier to come tomorrow and collect the kennel and do a special saturday morning delivery this has cost me £90, as they are coming from kent, this has been a nightmare as the kennel weighs 110k and the largest piece is 6ft tall, i have been on the phone all afternoon to try and get a courier that can handle it, anyway to cut a long story short i have sorted it all out they are a very good courier and i will probably use these all the time now, so furious with my currant company, please accept my apologies but i want to make sure you have it for the weekend, i really am sorry about this regards demi
And after all that, almost 2pm, 22 days after paying......NOTHING!
Old 20 October 2007, 02:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Paypal dispute opened.
Old 20 October 2007, 02:27 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Give us the item numbre so we can see the seller and what else he's selling?
Old 20 October 2007, 02:43 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Item # 260164767738

Good call mate. Check the feedback though. I wish people would learn that positive and neutral are for.

There is a smashing punch line to it all.

It just turned up!!
INCOMPLETE!

Driver was good as gold about it, told me before he took a thing off the van that it was not all there. I mentioned rejecting it based on that, and he was more than ok with it.
Comments on the delivery sheet reflect the delivery being incomplete.

I think its only fair though. I cant put it up until I have it all, so its as good as not having it at all. Given how long its taken to get this far, the other parts could take days or weeks!

Might be the shippers fault, and if it is, the seller can chase them for the refund of shipping costs, after refunding my money.

In the meantime, we are ordering a new one from another source now.
Old 20 October 2007, 03:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Sticking to my guns, I just sent him the following message.

Demi, the delivery driver turned up at 14.45. Unfortunatly the delivery sheet stated the item was incomplete, so I was unable to accept it. I am not sure who is to blame for the delivery being incomplete. Hope you understand, that with missing pieces the unit is useless to me, so pointless accepting part of it.
Sadly I am going to stick to my original decision and request that the transaction is reversed. If this is possible I would appreciate it, then there will be no need for feedback to be left on the transaction either.

My apologies for how this has all turned out, but due to the late arrival of the item, just as I was heading out, I have now had to cancel an engagement with a friend now.

I hope to hear from you soon, letting me know how you wish to proceed.

Regards

Michael
Old 23 October 2007, 08:17 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Just an update on this whole matter.
The seller is now trying to contact me out of Paypal, looked up my phone number asking me to call them. However contacted my mother as im not listed.
Now mailing me and ignoring the official dispute now.

Sticking to their guns that the monies have been taken from their account and refunded to me.

Its either a very bad misunderstanding, or they are seriously testing my patience. Its possible that another payment was reversed and they are confusing it with mine, but clicking "details" next to it would tell them who it was, and im sure it would have my name next to it too.

They said...

hi michael,this is all driving me crazy,i have copied and pasted the pay
pal message below to show you the reversal.
Transfer From Bank Account 20 Oct. 2007 Completed Details £358.00
GBP £0.00 GBP
Temporary Hold To Buyer Dispute 20 Oct. 2007 Placed Details -£360.00
GBP £10.64 GBP
Transfer To Bank Account 20 Oct. 2007 Reversed Details -£358.00
GBP £0.00 GBP

you see this money has been taken from my account but it is not in my pay
pal account,it says they have taken it because of buyer dispute,so where
is the money, i have tried to phone pay pal tonight but they are not open
untill 6am in the morning,i will let you know how i get on,regards demi
Now the email was sent at 19.36, but the seller claims that Paypal are shut... Strangely I was on the phone to them just before this time last night, and they actually close at 22.00. So more lies.

So lets change the poll, who thinks they are trying to screw me, and who thinks is a genuine thicko.
Old 23 October 2007, 09:48 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your difficulties . The seller is an out and out chancer / liar IMHO.

Your experience sums up exactly why I prefer to buy from reputable bricks and mortar companies and pay a little more.
Old 23 October 2007, 10:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Sorry to hear of your difficulties . The seller is an out and out chancer / liar IMHO.

Your experience sums up exactly why I prefer to buy from reputable bricks and mortar companies and pay a little more.
I make ya right mate.
Usually Ebay is fine, especially when they have high feedback ratings, but I have to say this has really cast a shadow of doubt on it all.

Finding places that sold these was a proper issue. Transit cages, easy, kennel/runs, not so easy.

Propers pi$$ed off that something so simple as a refund (especially after me being so patient) can turn into such a drama. You would think someone who has a feedback rating of over 1000 would understand how to read a Paypal screen.
Well, guess the up side is, they have 8 days to respond or it goes in my favour. PLUS, because they chose to lie on the dispute console, Paypal will be able to see that SHE is blaming THEM for taking the money without her permission etc. SO hopefully, even if she responds, they will see whats going on.

In the meantime, im £360 out of pocket, and have bought the new one. From Ebay, I never learn lol
When the money comes back finally it will go towards the £500 transit cage for the new car. Doh!
Old 24 October 2007, 08:20 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

The seller does sound like they are messing you about, but the problem and confusion is with the paypal dispute you opened.

When you open a dispute, paypal reverse the payment so the seller doesnt have the money, but they dont refund straight to you, they keep hold of it. If the dispute fails ( for example, if a buyer said the item hadnt arrived, and the seller proved that it had, then paypal would refund the chargeback to the seller ) then the seller gets the money back.

If the dispute is successful, then paypal will refund the buyer.

The seller cant refund your original payment because it is held by paypal, if they refunded you from their own money then paypal would refund you as well, and you would get two lots.

As far as the seller is concerned, the money has been taken back from them ( although not techinically refunded ) it is just in limbo until the dispute is closed and then paypal will refund you.

Had you not started the dispute, then you could have got your refund a lot quicker as the seller could refund the payment directly from your original one, if they refused to this THEN you should open a dispute to get the money back rather than doing it straight away instead of asking for a refund.
Old 24 October 2007, 08:41 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

If you have his address i'd be tempted to send him 'a little message' from your dog!
Old 24 October 2007, 10:54 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
The seller does sound like they are messing you about, but the problem and confusion is with the paypal dispute you opened.

When you open a dispute, paypal reverse the payment so the seller doesnt have the money, but they dont refund straight to you, they keep hold of it. If the dispute fails ( for example, if a buyer said the item hadnt arrived, and the seller proved that it had, then paypal would refund the chargeback to the seller ) then the seller gets the money back.

If the dispute is successful, then paypal will refund the buyer.

The seller cant refund your original payment because it is held by paypal, if they refunded you from their own money then paypal would refund you as well, and you would get two lots.

As far as the seller is concerned, the money has been taken back from them ( although not techinically refunded ) it is just in limbo until the dispute is closed and then paypal will refund you.

Had you not started the dispute, then you could have got your refund a lot quicker as the seller could refund the payment directly from your original one, if they refused to this THEN you should open a dispute to get the money back rather than doing it straight away instead of asking for a refund.
Almost but no prize mate.

I have actually spoken to Paypal who say there is NO reversal, hold or any action on the payment at this point.
More to the point, in the seller's own words they have taken the money etc on 20th Oct....... I didnt even say ANYTHING through Paypal until the 22nd
I have been asking for a refund for a while now, but she tends not to answer her mails unless I mentioned cancelling, refunding etc.

The dispute has been open for 2 days now, and although she has managed to log in and send me details apparently listed in her Paypal account, she has NOT responded to the official dispute.

So in short, the seller does seem to have had A payment reversed, but its NOT mine. Next to my payment in their Paypal account should be a little button saying "refund".... thats all they have to press

Flaps, dunno about little, I would have to chop one up lol (eeeew)
Old 24 October 2007, 12:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

This is why I no longer use Ebay.

Too many people I know have been ripped off, either no goods being sent or damaged goods.
Rather pay that little bit more and get the product from a reputable site, or from a shop.
Buy 5 items off Ebay and any saving you make are lost by the 5th item being a con/rip-off.
Old 25 October 2007, 03:31 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well a quick update...

Mike, I stand corrected, for some reason Paypal froze the money on the mention of a dispute, yet denied doing so on the phone! Idiots.
Seller has been in touch and wants to refund asap (apparently)

In the meantime, we ordered a new one on Tuesday..... it arrived this morning

Tuvaaq has a home at last !
Old 25 October 2007, 05:29 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

If you cancel the dispute, then paypal will return the funds to the sellers account and they can refund you directly - you'll have to make the call on if you trust them to do this !

The problem the seller will face is that if you get too many disputes in a certain period of time, Paypal will cancel the sellers account.

And yes, paypal are completely useless on the phone - I wouldnt believe a word any of the monkeys at their call centre tell you - most of them dont have a clue how paypal works !
Old 25 October 2007, 05:37 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
If you cancel the dispute, then paypal will return the funds to the sellers account and they can refund you directly - you'll have to make the call on if you trust them to do this !

The problem the seller will face is that if you get too many disputes in a certain period of time, Paypal will cancel the sellers account.

And yes, paypal are completely useless on the phone - I wouldnt believe a word any of the monkeys at their call centre tell you - most of them dont have a clue how paypal works !

yeah certainly seems that way mate, glad work paid for the call lol.
In fairness, this was a fair dispute and if the seller gets more of them for the same reason, thats their problem. Harsh but fair.

The other issue is their communication is so poor that by the time they answer an email, its the next day. So even though it takes 2 days for Paypal to continue the claim, they will take 2 days to get back to me to let me know whats going on also. And if refunding the money takes as long... then it could still end in tears.

As for trusting them, and cancelling the dispute. Given the timescale already, its prob quicker to let the dispute end naturally. But I have offered the seller the option of me cancelling the dispute to keep them clean.