Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another big motorway smash...HGV's to blame again..

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2007, 07:30 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Another big motorway smash...HGV's to blame again..

What is it with these idiots? Every major pile up I get delayed in, or see, 9/10 times one of these is to blame.

Classic example on the M6 south at Cannock this afternoon, total carnage, went past the ongoing aftermath on the opposite carriageway...what was at the front of the smash?...an artic, the cab was goodnight vienna, ripped apart by the smash. Behind it, a 7.5T flatbed, sideways and smashed into the central reservation. Behind that...another artic..jack knifed.

The powers that be should do something about these ******, is it really nesseccary to drive 12ft from the vehecle in front?

Then people wonder why there are drivers hogging the middle lane? Probably feared to death to have 40 tons of dozy truck driver sat on thier ****
Old 02 May 2007, 07:32 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
What is it with these idiots? Every major pile up I get delayed in, or see, 9/10 times one of these is to blame.

Classic example on the M6 south at Cannock this afternoon, total carnage, went past the ongoing aftermath on the opposite carriageway...what was at the front of the smash?...an artic, the cab was goodnight vienna, ripped apart by the smash. Behind it, a 7.5T flatbed, sideways and smashed into the central reservation. Behind that...another artic..jack knifed.

The powers that be should do something about these ******, is it really nesseccary to drive 12ft from the vehecle in front?

Then people wonder why there are drivers hogging the middle lane? Probably feared to death to have 40 tons of dozy truck driver sat on thier ****
Pound to penny the driver of the jack knived lorry will be dead so no need to worry about his driving again!!!
Old 02 May 2007, 07:32 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I didn't think that they drove that far away from each other

I used to think that Wagons had giant magnets in the rear of the trailers that pulled the wagon behind it
Old 02 May 2007, 07:38 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by red_dog104
Pound to penny the driver of the jack knived lorry will be dead so no need to worry about his driving again!!!
I don't think we need to wish them dead, just back off a bit, some kiddies might not be getting thgier bedtime story tonight. The jacked lorry cab was intact from what I saw ( he must have been obeying the 14ft rule ), whatever came out of the cab at the front of the smash though, must have needed shovelling up. I imagine most of the damage to the cab was ES cutting out what was left of him.
Old 02 May 2007, 07:40 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

I think we'll be waiting all week for a woman to post...how do you know it was a man driving?
Old 02 May 2007, 07:41 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!

I don't think we need to wish them dead, just back off a bit, some kiddies might not be getting thgier bedtime story tonight. The jacked lorry cab was intact from what I saw ( he must have been obeying the 14ft rule ), whatever came out of the cab at the front of the smash though, must have needed shovelling up. I imagine most of the damage to the cab was ES cutting out what was left of him.
Usually if a lorry jack knifes, the drivers neck will be broken hence my comment. Sorry if it was in bad taste, just seen it all too often.
Old 02 May 2007, 07:46 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

It was only a half jack-knife, so maybe he got away with a stiff neck and £1800 from a are you an imbecile that hurt yourself at work, through no fault of anyone else's bar your own stupidity?...well, we will get you lots of money for it! type company
Old 02 May 2007, 07:59 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Without wanting to stereotype too much, foregin lorry drivers a f****in nightmare, and just because they're driving a British wagon it doesn't mean it's a British driver.

I'd estimate 75% of the RTCs I;'ve ever attended involving a wagon involve a foreign driver
Old 02 May 2007, 08:05 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Thats **** man

Some tw@t that I know was driving down the fast lane on the M6 and having a w@nk at the same time
Old 02 May 2007, 08:05 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Don't apologise for it mate, they're ***** at the wheel, end of.

They can drive how they like in bongo-bongo land, just don't bring it over here.

Saying that, I always find Norbert Dentressangle, or De Rijke to be very courteous. Perhaps its because they're of Nordic origin, and therefore descended from us Brits
Old 02 May 2007, 08:06 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ray_li
Thats **** man

Some tw@t that I know was driving down the fast lane on the M6 and having a w@nk at the same time
Was he in control of 40 tonnes though ?
Old 02 May 2007, 08:07 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

This post is not a credit to you Chips.
Old 02 May 2007, 08:07 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Was he in control of 40 tonnes though ?
I think he was in a van
Old 02 May 2007, 08:12 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

That's acceptable then, high enough seating position to avoid suspicion from lane 2, and far enough away from lane 1 to not distract the wagon drivers
Old 02 May 2007, 08:13 PM
Spyder550
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
I didn't think that they drove that far away from each other

I used to think that Wagons had giant magnets in the rear of the trailers that pulled the wagon behind it
I always thought the big magnet operated when they decide to pointlessly overtake each other. It normally takes about 3 miles to unmagnetise, and build up a massive tailback of cars
Old 02 May 2007, 08:17 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Simon 69
This post is not a credit to you Chips.
Please feel free to embellish...?
Old 02 May 2007, 08:18 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

our van was heading that way this afternoon... wonder if he has managed to get home yet..... left @4am this morning for morecambe then return leg @ midday....
Old 02 May 2007, 08:28 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

The majority of crashes involving HGVs are the fault of a car driver.

People in cars seem to think that lorries can stop in the same distance that they can. You wouldn't believe the stupid things that car drivers do around lorries. Also, statistically, lorries have far less accidents than cars per mile driven.

Just try driving a lorry before you lump them all as idiots. Admittedly there is an issue with some foreign drivers, but most driving agencies have a written test and a driving assessment before letting them loose in an HGV.
Old 02 May 2007, 08:33 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I always thought the 'tailgating' was to save money on fuel

Last edited by dpb; 02 May 2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Cant spell
Old 02 May 2007, 08:42 PM
scoobyfrankie
Scooby Regular

As a hgv driver, you aint got a ****in' scooby when the lorries were all resrticted to 56mph it made it extremely hard to overtake when one truck is doing 55.7 mph and the other is doing 56.0 it can sometimes take miles to overtake so we get as close as we deem a safe distance then we pull out for the long slog to get past if we pulled out say 30 ft b4 overtaking then we would get a torrent of abuse from car drivers about what the **** we were doing in the middle lane, as a car driver a hgv driver and a bike rider i have experience from all angles. so keep your inexperienced thoughts to yourself ****.
Old 02 May 2007, 08:44 PM
Coupe-Se
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome

People in cars seem to think that lorries can stop in the same distance that they can. You wouldn't believe the stupid things that car drivers do around lorries. Also, statistically, lorries have far less accidents than cars per mile driven.

Just try driving a lorry before you lump them all as idiots. Admittedly there is an issue with some foreign drivers, but most driving agencies have a written test and a driving assessment before letting them loose in an HGV.
The majority of crashes are CAUSED by lorry drivers, who then drive away leaving chaos in their wake!! The only accident Iv'e had was on a dual carriageway when a lorry pulled into the oustside lane full of traffic ........ smacked the MX5 that was along side him and caused a massive pile up. The lorry did NOT stop even though he must have seen the carnage behind. On my daily trip to work on the A1 every accident I have seen; and helped with before the police arrive; has involved a lorry driver.

If lorries do not have the same stopping power then why in the hell do they drive so close up the ar$e of each other?

I also love sitting behind the lorry travelling on his limiter at 56mph overtaking another lorry on his limiter at 56mph .............. for bloody miles as either of the to$$ers will give in.

The stupid antics of lorry drivers really boils my pi$$!!!
Old 02 May 2007, 08:45 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That told im
Old 02 May 2007, 08:47 PM
Anderooo
Scooby Regular

I am sorry Jerome but that's the biggest pile of crap ever! Yes there are some dozy muppets let loose by the driving agency but having driven mile after mile for 3 years down the M6, truck drivers are by far the worst! I can't even count the amount of times I have almost been wiped out by some prat just moving out while I have been half way up the trailor of these damn things. They don't signal and they certainly do not use the very large mirror things they were installed with. Causing me to either to move into the path of a car coming up my outside or getting rear ended from behind.

Other than dozy middle aged women and men hogging the middle lane late at night, truck drivers are the next worst thing on the British motorway network, and more should be done to put freight back onto rail like the rest of the world.
Old 02 May 2007, 08:58 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyfrankie
As a hgv driver, you aint got a ****in' scooby when the lorries were all resrticted to 56mph it made it extremely hard to overtake when one truck is doing 55.7 mph and the other is doing 56.0 it can sometimes take miles to overtake so we get as close as we deem a safe distance then we pull out for the long slog to get past if we pulled out say 30 ft b4 overtaking then we would get a torrent of abuse from car drivers about what the **** we were doing in the middle lane, as a car driver a hgv driver and a bike rider i have experience from all angles. so keep your inexperienced thoughts to yourself ****.
Whats the point in overtaking for ******* 0.3 mph then. Keep the know it all lorry drivers in the inside lane and inside lane only, stick cab drivers in it as well
Old 02 May 2007, 09:09 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I stopped at a roadside cafe a while back, and two lorry drivers turned up, and they both openly admitted that they would have no problem slamming cars off the road, pushing them into central reservations, solid concrete bollards etc if anyone even dared contemplating overtaking them when a dual carriageway goes down to one lane, they laughed about who would be worse off

What really hacks me off about this, is when you are entering roadworks or similar where a lane reduction scheme is in place, that wagons will pull out with no indication and no warning to essentially 'block' anyone getting past them, see it happen far too often

There are a few 'decent' wagon drivers, but there are a hell of a lot who aren't

and for what its worth, I have in the past driven 40 tonners, so know their limitations etc
Old 02 May 2007, 09:12 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

LORRY DRIVERS......I'VE SH*T EM!!
Old 02 May 2007, 09:34 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome

People in cars seem to think that lorries can stop in the same distance that they can.

They should leave a bigger gap then. end of

Quick Reply: Another big motorway smash...HGV's to blame again..