Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I thought we were still a monarchy.

Citizen or subject?
Old 29 August 2007, 10:10 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Swear Allegiance to the United Kingdom it's laws and policies then abide by them if not Dover is on the south east coast of the United Kingdom. Simple really.
Old 29 August 2007, 11:04 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yep fair enough, but of course this learning the language thing doesn't apply to many of the tens of thousands of ex-pats living in Spain, Portugal etc. and why should it as after all they are British and not 'Johnny Foreigner'
Old 29 August 2007, 11:15 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Sadly, I believe the "when in Rome"...........The Spanish can deal with their migrants as they see fit. Let's not forget many if not all of the ex-pat bring money to the ecomomy. Many migrants do but many don't.

I agree with migration, new blood and culture and all that, the British are a ******* race anyway, but we abide by the rules and laws of the United kingdom and as stated already you live here by the rule of law.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 29 August 2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 29 August 2007, 11:17 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

WHSmith or Waterstones??
Old 29 August 2007, 12:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
Sadly, I believe the "when in Rome"...........The Spanish can deal with their migrants as they see fit. Let's not forget many if not all of the ex-pat bring money to the ecomomy. Many migrants do but many don't.

I agree with migration, new blood and culture and all that, the British are a ******* race anyway, but we abide by the rules and laws of the United kingdom and as stated already you live here by the rule of law.
How do you feel about even more overcrowding. And what will you think when the authorities force you to give accommodation to immigrants because there is nowhere else for them to live. Is it good that our benefits are given away freely to those who have paid nothing towards them. Especially when they book in to the NHS as soon as they arrive? Will you be prepared to accept eventually that you are no longer allowed to possess a car because there just is not enough room on the roads for anything but official vehicles for those who are more equal than you and who dont like traffic jams!

What have you got against the British who built this country with a name for civilised and fair behaviour to all with a system of law and government which was the envy of the world only to see it dragged down to the depths of moral depravity over recent years by a bunch of self serving incompetents who have no regard for the people of this country and are aiming to sell us down the road to a frighteningly corrupt organisation?

I have nothing against properly controlled immigration with regard to the population of this country and the good that those allowed to come in can contribute. This has happened in previous times and has done much good here. This present overwhelming tide which exceeds the authorities' estimates by an unbelievable amount is doing harm to our society and our economy. We just do not have the room or the infrastructure to cope! The authorities don't even know how many illegal immigrants there are or where to find them! What kind of an admission is that?

Only a dyed in the wool PC plonker with his head inextricably up his own **** could see anything racist in the above!

Les
Old 29 August 2007, 02:48 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yep fair enough, but of course this learning the language thing doesn't apply to many of the tens of thousands of ex-pats living in Spain, Portugal etc. and why should it as after all they are British and not 'Johnny Foreigner'
I was working at a customer's site the other day, and one of the othe contractors, also English, was haranguing a couple of the locals for not doing something as he wanted it, and getting angrier by the minute because they didn't understand him

I got into conversation with him later, and he was actually proud of the fact that although he'd lived and worked here for over ten years, he still couldn't speak any, or understand any, Thai
Old 29 August 2007, 03:31 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Leslie
How do you feel about even more overcrowding. And what will you think when the authorities force you to give accommodation to immigrants because there is nowhere else for them to live. Is it good that our benefits are given away freely to those who have paid nothing towards them. Especially when they book in to the NHS as soon as they arrive? Will you be prepared to accept eventually that you are no longer allowed to possess a car because there just is not enough room on the roads for anything but official vehicles for those who are more equal than you and who dont like traffic jams!

What have you got against the British who built this country with a name for civilised and fair behaviour to all with a system of law and government which was the envy of the world only to see it dragged down to the depths of moral depravity over recent years by a bunch of self serving incompetents who have no regard for the people of this country and are aiming to sell us down the road to a frighteningly corrupt organisation?

I have nothing against properly controlled immigration with regard to the population of this country and the good that those allowed to come in can contribute. This has happened in previous times and has done much good here. This present overwhelming tide which exceeds the authorities' estimates by an unbelievable amount is doing harm to our society and our economy. We just do not have the room or the infrastructure to cope! The authorities don't even know how many illegal immigrants there are or where to find them! What kind of an admission is that?

Only a dyed in the wool PC plonker with his head inextricably up his own **** could see anything racist in the above!

Les
You hormonal or what.

I was making the point that anyone who lives in the UK must accept our rule of law. If not there are many points of exit. The fact that UK PLC Gortony Brair and his fellow parlimentarians, who we voted in, have arsed it up is who's fault????? Me, you or them. We are not angels by any stretch of the imagination.

Who mentioned racism you have a problem with race or minorities??? Did we not bring slaves here to do our dirty work. Did we not export syphillis and scalping to North America, the Raj to India, gassing the Marsh Arabs in Iraq on the words of one Mr Winston Churchill, white rule to Rhodesia and most of the African sub continent etc and then leave with our tales between our legs.

I have served HMG for this country for 27 years me 'ole fella, and seen some of my mates die doing it, so I think I can say that I am proud to be British (Welsh actually, am I a minority can I migrate to England, home rule for Scotland???).

Having read your other more coherant threads I think your having a bad day.

I want Britain to be British. But those arriving here need to be accepting of their Britishness too and swear an allegiance, as I did, to Queen and Country and be tolerant of us......."when in Rome".

Don't forget many leave as well as arrive.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 29 August 2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 29 August 2007, 04:48 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I was working at a customer's site the other day, and one of the othe contractors, also English, was haranguing a couple of the locals for not doing something as he wanted it, and getting angrier by the minute because they didn't understand him

I got into conversation with him later, and he was actually proud of the fact that although he'd lived and worked here for over ten years, he still couldn't speak any, or understand any, Thai
Yes and sadly this is an all too prevalent trait in the 'Brits abroad 'and while some of course do make a lot of effort to learn the local language and integrate many do not and can't see anything worng with it in to the bargain.

I always remember Tebbit banging on about his 'cricket test' for immigrants while at the sane time his party were making sure all the ex-pats had the opportunity to vote in UK elections
Old 29 August 2007, 06:14 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Dover is on the south east coast of the United Kingdom. Simple really.
I'd wager that a lot of the indiginous population of the British Isles wouldn't know that. On topic, yes immigration should be controlled a lot more stringently than it is at the moment. Infact you'll probably find a lot more right wing views amongst immigrants who have settled here and live by the rules and laws and pay their way.
Old 29 August 2007, 07:28 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Hey Les,

the indigenous peoples were saying the same thing in 1066 when the Normans arrived en masse (see they even brough their language with them that we still use today - c'est la vie!).

By the way I don't find your comments racist. Xenophobic, protectionist and nostalgic yes, but racist, no.
Old 29 August 2007, 08:35 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Hey Les,

the indigenous peoples were saying the same thing in 1066 when the Normans arrived en masse (see they even brough their language with them that we still use today - c'est la vie!).

By the way I don't find your comments racist. Xenophobic, protectionist and nostalgic yes, but racist, no.
Population of the UK then was say 1milllion then, now in excess of 60 million
Old 30 August 2007, 12:47 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You hormonal or what.

I was making the point that anyone who lives in the UK must accept our rule of law. If not there are many points of exit. The fact that UK PLC Gortony Brair and his fellow parlimentarians, who we voted in, have arsed it up is who's fault????? Me, you or them. We are not angels by any stretch of the imagination.

Who mentioned racism you have a problem with race or minorities??? Did we not bring slaves here to do our dirty work. Did we not export syphillis and scalping to North America, the Raj to India, gassing the Marsh Arabs in Iraq on the words of one Mr Winston Churchill, white rule to Rhodesia and most of the African sub continent etc and then leave with our tales between our legs.

I have served HMG for this country for 27 years me 'ole fella, and seen some of my mates die doing it, so I think I can say that I am proud to be British (Welsh actually, am I a minority can I migrate to England, home rule for Scotland???).

Having read your other more coherant threads I think your having a bad day.

I want Britain to be British. But those arriving here need to be accepting of their Britishness too and swear an allegiance, as I did, to Queen and Country and be tolerant of us......."when in Rome".

Don't forget many leave as well as arrive.
I think you have jumped without realising what I was saying. You gave the impression that the waves of immigration we are experiencing was a good thing and I don't know what the word in italics was but you also seemed to be running down the British anyway. If you read my post again you may understand that I was protesting about mass immigration which is out of control.

Of course immigrants have to accept our laws even though they dont seem too keen on that and the authorities just let them get away with it anyway. And we too should also live by the rule of our own laws-goes without question. Not so much of the Eu law making on our behalf though! You should also check the real figures about the numbers leaving compared with those who are not.

I was in no way accusing anyone of racism, once again you have jumped to the wrong conclusion. I was forestalling the obvious criticism from anyone who might wish to find fault with what I had said above that. Having read my post, why do you ask if I have a problem with race or minorities? The answer is obvious.

I too have served HMG as you put it-I preferred to say the Queen personally, that was the oath I took anyway. Your 27 years is a reasonable length of time but nowhere near in the same league as my length of service my dear ole chap!
"Get some in" as they say!

I do agree with your sentiments about the creep and his **** kissing cohorts of course,and your final remarks as well.

We are still a Union so you are of course free to move as you wish in this country and I applaud your wish to remain British.

Thank you Rannoch for your support and yes I admit to quite a bit of what you say and I think a bit more of that around this country and less of the "PC Plonkism" would not go amiss in our own protection.

Les
Old 30 August 2007, 01:02 PM
InaPickle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Also known as colony syndrome, prevalent in most parts of asia...although Thailand has never been anyones colony!
Old 30 August 2007, 01:35 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by InaPickle
Also known as colony syndrome, prevalent in most parts of asia...although Thailand has never been anyones colony!
Unless of course you count those years when the Japanese were here 'by invitation'

That one does wind the older natives up a wee bit
Old 30 August 2007, 09:05 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

OK Les gis a hug ol' fella. Respect were respect is due and thank you Sir. Now where's the blanco, puttee's and 34 pattern gone......................