Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fractional ownership of private jet?

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2007, 10:47 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fractional ownership of private jet?

Flying first class is not what it used to be is it? Sure one gets fast check in but having to stand in a long security queue with oiks is a bore. Add to that crusties at Heathrow almost causing me to miss my flight to Bora Bora last week and the poor quality of bubbly on the flight and I've just about had enough!

Anybody have any info on the cost for fractional ownership of a private jet? Nothing too flash mind, just needs to do the job.

Comments from Sub97 and Jasey especially welcome
Old 21 August 2007, 10:50 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Old 21 August 2007, 10:59 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Old 21 August 2007, 11:06 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

If you can't afford your own jet don't try and join the club. Sharing is pikey.
Old 21 August 2007, 11:19 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Pfft, why the hurry? Fully crewed private yacht is my usual choice of overseas travel
Old 22 August 2007, 07:18 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

No need to buy, much better to use like a taxi...

NetJets Europe: Welcome to NetJets
Old 22 August 2007, 08:19 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

You'd be better off getting back to counting all you money then asking us how to spend it all .

Put your lump sum on a good horse - Live a little - you might enjoy it
Old 22 August 2007, 08:31 AM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Old 22 August 2007, 08:40 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The time you save at check in will be lost on a flight of any length with the lower flying speeds of private jets anyway, unless you're going to buy a share in a proper one
Old 22 August 2007, 09:01 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

As the saying goes...

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
Old 22 August 2007, 10:47 AM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
No need to buy, much better to use like a taxi...

NetJets Europe: Welcome to NetJets
NETJETS fly and maintain some of there fleet at RAF Northolt where I currently work on the RAF Royal Squadron, their aircraft are far newer and plusher than anything the RAF fleet have and most definately the way to travel if you have the money.
Cheers
AC
Old 22 August 2007, 10:56 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Netjets used to be on the floor above me in our building. Lots of famous folks use to come in an sign up with them every week.
Old 22 August 2007, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Flying first class is not what it used to be is it? Sure one gets fast check in but having to stand in a long security queue with oiks is a bore. Add to that crusties at Heathrow almost causing me to miss my flight to Bora Bora last week and the poor quality of bubbly on the flight and I've just about had enough!

Anybody have any info on the cost for fractional ownership of a private jet? Nothing too flash mind, just needs to do the job.

Comments from Sub97 and Jasey especially welcome
Why not ask PSL, he thinks along the same lines as you.

Les
Old 22 August 2007, 11:38 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I personally find the smaller jets to be a little too cramped for mid to long haul and much prefer to fly on a BBJ now.

Boeing Business Jet: The Ultimate Business Jet

Old 22 August 2007, 12:09 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I like the upper deck on BA 747s in business class
Feels more like a private jet - just 20 passengers, 2 crew just for the upper deck and very small and quiet. Well away from the riff raff downstairs and near the back with the chickens.
Preferable to First class in the nose of the 747 in many ways (although not all!)

Private jets are rather slow in comparison anyway aren't they?
Old 22 August 2007, 12:46 PM
carbon
Scooby Regular

i personally like booking last min, knowing that some fool paid over 3 times what you have, to go to the same place at the same time is priceless.

If you have that kind of cash why be bothered about the time it takes? why be bothered about misssing one flight and why post on here........?

a subaru owners forum, I know the next best thing to a scoob is a jet but seriously. How many people on here are going to know the costs of partial ownership of a jet?

If I were you I would spend some of your weath on a financial advisor, they can advise you save asking us how to invest your cash....costs of buying a share in a jet.... costs of going to the moon for a weekend trip....best place to buy an island....

like someone said, live a little!
Old 22 August 2007, 12:50 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by carbon
i personally like booking last min, knowing that some fool paid over 3 times what you have, to go to the same place at the same time is priceless.

If you have that kind of cash why be bothered about the time it takes? why be bothered about misssing one flight and why post on here........?

a subaru owners forum, I know the next best thing to a scoob is a jet but seriously. How many people on here are going to know the costs of partial ownership of a jet?

If I were you I would spend some of your weath on a financial advisor, they can advise you save asking us how to invest your cash....costs of buying a share in a jet.... costs of going to the moon for a weekend trip....best place to buy an island....

Dont worry yourself - Deep's having a little play with us - He doesn't want a plane
Old 22 August 2007, 01:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ike going on an Embraer 145 thats pretty empty, its like a private jet with too many seats !
Old 22 August 2007, 06:19 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carbon

It was a joke mate. I've never ever flown first class and am not looking to acquire a jet aircraft. I've also not really asked HOW to INVEST, simply the best interest rate which is not quite the same thing.

And btw, I live life to the full
Old 23 August 2007, 07:58 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marq...tml?showfull=1

Was this a joke too

Oh - and do you still have the same high opinion of us ?

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...all-thing.html

I really do not mean this as any offence to anybody.I just c'ant understand why anybody would want to go to a Ball where the common factor is the brand of car you own.I barely have enough time to spend with 'real' friends ie those I went to School/Uni/Work with and have known for years let alone those that just happen to own the same car as me.Seems a little sad.D'ont these people have any proper friends?
As for the photos of the people who attended I w'ont even go there for fear of being lynched.
Why are you still here ?
Old 23 August 2007, 08:20 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I use a hot air balloon for my global travel. I just arrange my meetings for places which are in the direction that the wind is blowing.
Old 23 August 2007, 09:44 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Hey Deep, will you and the Mrs be hoildaying on the ISS next year before it becomes too touristy?
Old 23 August 2007, 11:18 AM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
The time you save at check in will be lost on a flight of any length with the lower flying speeds of private jets anyway, unless you're going to buy a share in a proper one

Not sure what you're referring to Olly as I can't think of a bizjet that is significantly slower in the cruise than any commercial aircraft?
Old 23 August 2007, 11:36 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It was a joke mate. I've never ever flown first class and am not looking to acquire a jet aircraft. I've also not really asked HOW to INVEST, simply the best interest rate which is not quite the same thing.

And btw, I live life to the full
Well I think we guessed it Deep, but I agree with your philosophy!

Les
Old 23 August 2007, 03:00 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marq...tml?showfull=1

Was this a joke too

Oh - and do you still have the same high opinion of us ?

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...all-thing.html

Why are you still here ?

Are you my personal stalker then? Yes I was thinking about learning to fly but quite a few people put me off due to weather and hence aborted flights in this country. Whats that got to do with anything anway, everybody who has a pilots license also owns a jet right?

What 'us' do you refer to in the second part of your statement. Are you a fully paid up member of the Scoobynet community then?

Your comments go from the sublime to the ridiculous. You can dress it up how you like but there is only one issue you really have with me and its obvious. The fact that you've gome back and searched through posts of mine dating back 3 years I think speaks volumes about you. Sad really, you have my pity though
Old 23 August 2007, 03:06 PM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

You don't need to buy, often you can rent by the hour for slightly more than the cost of Virgin Business or similar.

The savings really come into play if for example you need to fly 5/6 people out to Europe 1st class. You can rent a Bombardier with crew for less than 1st with BA usually...

If you travel from Farnborough you can be airborne 20mins after arriving, as long as you and the crew are ready, it's off you go.

As far as BA and Virgin business class vs private goes, there are a few small differences. For example, last minute changes to the flight plan, or sitting up front on a sheduled 747 might get tricky...
Old 23 August 2007, 03:50 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

but there is only one issue you really have with me and its obvious.
You're a ****
Old 23 August 2007, 03:54 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kuro
You don't need to buy, often you can rent by the hour for slightly more than the cost of Virgin Business or similar.

The savings really come into play if for example you need to fly 5/6 people out to Europe 1st class. You can rent a Bombardier with crew for less than 1st with BA usually...

If you travel from Farnborough you can be airborne 20mins after arriving, as long as you and the crew are ready, it's off you go.

As far as BA and Virgin business class vs private goes, there are a few small differences. For example, last minute changes to the flight plan, or sitting up front on a sheduled 747 might get tricky...

Err, you did see the bit where I said it was a joke right?

I have actually spent quite alot of time in a Lear Jet, working though, as part of an aeromedical repatriation team. The whole thing was kitted out like an ICU. Biggest problem was the height/headroom, I had to work for hours hunched over.
Got a fantastic insight into how things work ie flightplans especially when we flew to India and needed to refuel every 3-4 hours! Quite funny, the pilot used to pay for the juice with a credit card which I found amusing.
Old 23 August 2007, 04:02 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
You're a ****
What a witty comment.

You're a sad little man that has nothing better to do than dig out my posts from 3-4 years ago. Am I that important to you? I have no idea who you are or anything about you, prior to this 'incident' I wouldn't have been able to recount one comment you've ever made. You for some reason remember things I've said 4 years ago, personally I find that CREEEEPY

People are on here all the time asking about money related topics (inc two in this forum right now asking about mortgages) yet you wait until I ask a simple question about savings accounts to launch into some tirade that makes little sense.

Have you nothing better to do with your time? I think you're bitter about something, I hope you come to terms with whatever it is, you'll be happier for it.

Last edited by Deep Singh; 23 August 2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 23 August 2007, 04:06 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Quick Reply: Fractional ownership of private jet?