Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BBC Conspiracy Theory

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2007, 08:04 PM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC Conspiracy Theory

I'm becoming increasingly sceptical that the BBC website is becoming more and more government-controlled.

Isn't this a bit dangerous having the government controlling the most viewed website in the UK?....................... the BBC is also spending a large percentage of its budget on the website?

Additionally why do we pay a licence fee for a website that's free?

Example of government interference:

The stock market been a bit of a nightmare in the last few days so what's the headline on the business section today:

Markets settle down after storm ????

Interest rates go up the housing market looks decidedly shaky...... whats the headline:

House prices 'to breach £300,000?????

I guess they are scared the government is going to take their funding
Old 15 August 2007, 09:45 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GOLDMAN 555
I'm becoming increasingly sceptical that the BBC website is becoming more and more government-controlled.
I think this has been quite clear for some time! BBC = the state propaganda channel! The government has a lot of say regarding their funding so of course its in their interest to talk up government interests.

Eg house price rises are always seen as 'good news' and interest rate rises are 'bad news'.

I try to avoid BBC news wherever possible, but the website is of course very easy to navigate and obviously gets more updates than sky news for example.

Its a pity the BBC isnt truely independant.
Old 15 August 2007, 09:54 PM
Charley Horse
Scooby Regular

It's not only the website. Try listening to Radio Four.

These days it's nothing more than a PC, Climate Change, Multi Culture promoting, propaganda machine.

They've spent all day today telling us what good news it is that interest rates won't need to rise again because the Government has got inflation 'under control'.

Last edited by Charley Horse; 15 August 2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 15 August 2007, 09:56 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

The BBC are also the launchpad for all the man made global warming rhetoric, the one sided thoeries are now being portrayed as stonewall fact.

Its all a lot of hot air
Old 16 August 2007, 08:11 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BBC lost its last shreds of credibility after the Hutton report. Since then it has been the lapdog of the government, projecting trendy lefty liberal PC propaganda.
Old 16 August 2007, 08:46 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I think the right word is "influenced" rather than controlled and I must say it is becoming more obvious by the day.
I am glad that others are seeing it too. I thought I was just getting cynical in my old age (33) but perhaps not.
I must say at this point that I have no objections whatsoever to paying my tv license. I watch far more BBC productions than any of the rubbish Sky buys from US TV channels. I only have to look at my sky planner to see things as broad ranging as Coast to Family Guy to Last Man Standing to Mock The Week and beyond to know that most of my tv entertainment comes from Auntie. Never mind the benefits of not spending every 20mins of my life having to fast forward adverts
As for the government influence, I became painfully aware of it when I started paying attention to the "issue" of climate change. The biased vitriol spouted from the beeb on this subject every day has led to me twice on different issues emailing to complain.
Even the subjects on the beebs website on the "Have Your Say" section are silly and the irony is that if you go to the "most recommended" section, you can see that most readers do not fall in line with the propoganda which they push.
I think a stronger 'guvnor' at the top is needed to balance the dependancy of the state enforced taxation and the need to keep everyone happy... Not a job I would want, but something needs to be done before the viewing public go elsewhere for what they will think is unbiased reporting...
Old 16 August 2007, 09:24 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

err, the BBC have been in the hands of the government pretty much since inception, whatever they may protest about it.

i'm sure they get the D notices first lol
Old 16 August 2007, 10:53 AM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Of course it all comes back to the Pandora's box question why are we forced to pay for this..........?

The BBC spent £100 million on the BBC website last year that's a lot of money to pay for something that we are not legally obliged to be licensed for and everyone else who uses the website worldwide gets a free ride while we get the Bill. I was also surprised that they spend over £250 million on radio???

And look at the stock markets today they don't appear very calm after the storm
Old 16 August 2007, 12:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is no doubt they are in the government's pocket. The row with Campbell was the start of it all I think! They are frightened of losing their funding of course and the "right" people have been put in control of the corporation!

Les