Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I Blame Labour - AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2007, 12:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up I Blame Labour - AGAIN!!

Unemployment count drops - Labour get it RIGHT again!! - we salute you once more!!
Old 15 August 2007, 01:10 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unemployment has gone up where I live
Old 15 August 2007, 01:18 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the unemployment figures are always fiddled by every government.

A few years ago when i was unemployed i was placed on the new deal scheme

So i went back to college for 2 years and got a job. But while i was on the scheme i wasnt classed as unemployed even though i was.
Old 15 August 2007, 01:31 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Unemployment count drops - Labour get it RIGHT again!! - we salute you once more!!
*yawn*

Pete, I've lost count of the number of times you've been shown to be a fraud, you've avoided responding to posts getting the better of you, you've failed to put up a constructive argument where challenged.

Its your style. You post an inflamatory comment, carry on trolling for a wind up, then bail out when challenged. I've seen more substance in a paper bag.

Then you whine and cry when you get infracted for it.

I really don't care what kind of response you give to this post, nor am i going to waste any time providing examples. They are there for all and sundry to see. You know that fine and well.

No doubt you will post some shallow rebuttal accusing me of [insert "peteism" here] or indeed no response at all.

Whatever you post to try and avoid the point is fine with me. You and I (and many, many others on here) know exactly what I mean and you'd be lying to yourself otherwise.

By the way - this took precisely 2 minutes to post. During a coffee break. For the record, yes, I have a life (a very nice one thank you) and I won't give your personna another thought today.

Just to cover off that angle for you and save you having to type another one of your favourite "peteisms"

Old 15 August 2007, 01:57 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Whatever you say about TB, nothing compares to the nightmare of 3 million unemployed in the 80's and no hope of employment.
Old 15 August 2007, 02:43 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I believe that the number of people either out of work or claiming benefits, therefore not working, is now over 5 million!
Old 15 August 2007, 03:39 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Whatever you say about TB, nothing compares to the nightmare of 3 million unemployed in the 80's and no hope of employment.
I'd have to agree. For many, the 70's were the times they remember with trade union woes but for me, I was schooled in the 80's and remember the bad times then, including my old man who came home in fear with his wage packet every week wondering if it'll be his last. I also think seeds of some of the things happening now were planted in the 80's, some of which have certainly benefited me (capitalism) but some of which permanently screwed the country.

I'm not particularly pro labour, but have to say in the face of zero opposition at the moment, they are the more formidable party still....But at the end of the day, UK politics is still all so centre road (apart those nutter lib dems ) I don't think any party would be much different from the last in term 2 onwards which is when the rot normally starts to set in....
Old 15 August 2007, 03:50 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Some stats which make a joke of unemployment figures:

Six million Britons are living in households where nobody works - costing the taxpayer almost £13 billion a year in benefits alone

An astonishing one in six households across the country are officially classified as 'workless' - having adults of working age but none with a job

The NAO report reveals that three million UK households - almost 16 per cent - are now classified as workless, and are home to 4.2 million working-age adults and 1.7 million children.

In 80 per cent of such households nobody is actively seeking work.
Old 15 August 2007, 03:53 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

In fact 8 million adults of working age in this country do not work:

The report came as official figures showed that the number of people who are economically inactive - meaning they are out of work and not seeking a job - has reached a record high.
The figure increased by 77,000 in the latest quarter to 7.95 million, the highest figure since records began in 1971. It includes people on benefits, in education, and those who do not want to work, as well as those who have taken early retirement or are looking after a relative.
Old 15 August 2007, 06:43 PM
InfractMe
BANNED

Does seem to be a positive move downwards
Old 16 August 2007, 12:09 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Just read today that the actual number of people that are classed as "economically inactive" in the UK is 9.6 million. That is 1.7 million officially unemployed + 7.9 million not working for other reasons.

This is the true face of Labour's Britain, comments please Mr Lewis? Oh I forgot, you never actually engage in debate do you!
Old 17 August 2007, 01:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
They have really got you fooled over the actual figures haven't they!

Les
Old 18 August 2007, 10:41 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Seems ps dosnt wanna reply. Funny how that happens?
Old 18 August 2007, 11:00 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1.63 million unemployed but 2.7 illion on incapacity benefit
Old 18 August 2007, 11:48 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I like the typo....2.7 illion
Old 19 August 2007, 12:04 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Is infract me not PS anyway?
Old 19 August 2007, 12:11 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol at what stage does a political party actually take responsibilty and credit for "creating" jobs, surely industry does this, no fat lazy "ere ere" chanting MP's

For the past 10 years now there have been great excuses of why people are not classified as "unemployed" . One of the reasons the figures of the 80's were high is the honesty of the figures.

How many people are employed in IT in the country do we think? Since the mid 90's there has been an IT explosion in the UK, thanks to developers of technology, NOT politicians etc.

At the end of the day, most should not be deemed "unemployed" but BONE IDLE! Unwilling to work and finding any excuse not to.
I appreciate there is a good chunk who genuinly cant find employment, but I know plenty who really aint interested, and would far rather take my tax money each week.

If we want to look at impacts that politics play, lets talk, housing, health service, immigration, crime.... Aaaah not such a pretty picture now eh!
Old 19 August 2007, 12:38 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I don't know anyone who seriously wants to work but can't get a job. More often than not it isn't worth their time to work cos they can scrounge more off my tax bill. If Labia wanted to reduce real unemployment to less than a million they could. No state benefits - just non transferable food, heat and clothing tokens. No beer, no ciggies, nothing you don't need to survive. If you want quality of life you work for it
Old 19 August 2007, 12:45 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I don't know anyone who seriously wants to work but can't get a job. More often than not it isn't worth their time to work cos they can scrounge more off my tax bill. If Labia wanted to reduce real unemployment to less than a million they could. No state benefits - just non transferable food, heat and clothing tokens. No beer, no ciggies, nothing you don't need to survive. If you want quality of life you work for it
Hell yeah !!

Guy over the road from me, we grew up together. Left school a year apart (he left 1 year before me). He took exams, I decided not to.
Since 15 I have been out of work for 6 months, claimed no benefits, lived in an owned house, and spent a very precious 6 months with my new born daughter.
Straight back to work and not out of work since. (the last 12 years)
Now 34, been working coming on 19 years. I would hazard a guess that the lazy ****** over the road has worked no more than 19 weeks!
Happy to live on the social payouts, and always managed to stay on it too.

Personally I could not imagine living on the social, I earn good money, and spend good money and choose to live well.... And Pay good tax so these people can exist! Sad!
Old 19 August 2007, 01:11 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Hell yeah !!

Guy over the road from me, we grew up together. Left school a year apart (he left 1 year before me). He took exams, I decided not to.
Since 15 I have been out of work for 6 months, claimed no benefits, lived in an owned house, and spent a very precious 6 months with my new born daughter.
Straight back to work and not out of work since. (the last 12 years)
Now 34, been working coming on 19 years. I would hazard a guess that the lazy ****** over the road has worked no more than 19 weeks!
Happy to live on the social payouts, and always managed to stay on it too.

Personally I could not imagine living on the social, I earn good money, and spend good money and choose to live well.... And Pay good tax so these people can exist! Sad!

I have a 'mate' like that as well. I've been unemployed for 4 weeks in 20 years (I was on holidays for 2 of those and the other two I was trying hard to stop being unemployed) 'Mate' has never managed to hold down a job for 4 weeks. Excuse is usually - "The boss was a w$nker so I couldn't go back" or "The money was crap" - Heres an idea - work your **** off and get the bosses job - money will be good and the boss (will still be a workshy w4nker) My sister has been on the sick for 17 years. My (ex)childminder only works for cash. Window cleaner wont take a cheque. Around about the end of January this year I was giving the taxman a disproportionate amount of my fun money and got entirely fecked off, so i touted on the lot of them. The really funny bit was that they all asked me what they should do. My advice? get a job and pay your dues
Old 19 August 2007, 10:02 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I hear ya mate, know a few more, this guy is just a glaring example. Amazing though as his dad was a plasterer by trade and by god could he graft! Worked up until he was like 70. Yes his son's and daughter, all bone idle. Only really starting to get jobs at about 30, and even then, mostly cash in hand.

However, they still manage to swagger up the road after a long night on the sauce!
As you said, give them money they CANT squander.
My idea, you get rechargable credit cards these days, give them those, and top them up with their benefits, then watch where its spent. Buy booze, you lose! Simple.

On the flip side, my sister, she got herself back into work, with the assistance of tax credits etc. All worked fine for about 3 years until her employer gave her a pay rise of about £10 a week. This caused a recalculation of her tax credits, taking just over £100 a month off her.
When she worked it out, she would actually be better off out of work, with the benefits she would receive..... Now thats an incentive! NOT

Why do things have to be so awkward, Tax Credits, great idea, the way they are paid out, sucks. No sliding scale, just huge jumps.

So, PSLewis.... back to New Labour...... about crime, did I mention that my mates sister was attacked in broad daylight last week by 3 young girls... What a great place we live in.
Oh I forgot to mention about the new Polish Grocery store thats just opened down the road from me... Nothing against good hard working people being part of the immigration race, but sadly thats where the buck stops.

Education or Edewkashun as probably 60% of the thriving school population would probably spell it these day. Dunno wot dis world is cummin 2, but I fink a nu way 2 chat has bin started, m8. Very positive I have to say. I look forward to a lot of these becoming counter staff in fast food chains and supermarkets soon, and receiving far too much change

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I have a 'mate' like that as well. I've been unemployed for 4 weeks in 20 years (I was on holidays for 2 of those and the other two I was trying hard to stop being unemployed) 'Mate' has never managed to hold down a job for 4 weeks. Excuse is usually - "The boss was a w$nker so I couldn't go back" or "The money was crap" - Heres an idea - work your **** off and get the bosses job - money will be good and the boss (will still be a workshy w4nker) My sister has been on the sick for 17 years. My (ex)childminder only works for cash. Window cleaner wont take a cheque. Around about the end of January this year I was giving the taxman a disproportionate amount of my fun money and got entirely fecked off, so i touted on the lot of them. The really funny bit was that they all asked me what they should do. My advice? get a job and pay your dues
Old 19 August 2007, 12:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
So, PSLewis.... back to New Labour...... about crime, did I mention that my mates sister was attacked in broad daylight last week by 3 young girls... What a great place we live in.
And you think Labour is to blame for the bad parenting of the parents of the young girls????

I have a surprise for you - when the girls parents were learning their life skills the TORIES were in power!!!

The ills of today can, without exception, be traced back to the greedy, I'm allright jack, days of the Tories!!

It's about time that you lot grew up Politically and started to do some thinking before just blame Labour!!
Old 19 August 2007, 12:25 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

And you think Labour is to blame for the bad parenting of the parents of the young girls????

I have a surprise for you - when the girls parents were learning their life skills the TORIES were in power!!!

The ills of today can, without exception, be traced back to the greedy, I'm allright jack, days of the Tories!!

It's about time that you lot grew up Politically and started to do some thinking before just blame Labour!!
There have been cross overs of political reign in this country for years. Im not "blaming" Labour for creating todays society, but they have had 10 years. Considering its about the same time period that Tories controlled for, surely after 3 terms, there should be light at the end of the tunnel. Surely some improvement should be being seen by now?

You however ARE blaming the Tories for the current state of the country... TEN YEARS after they left power..... Oh please!

At the end of the day I would say in their reign, love them or hate them, the Tories did what they actually saw best as an entire policitcal party. Labour and more to the point TB have managed to shape a country they as individuals wanted.
Ask yourself a few questions..

Pit closures, would Labour have done the same, or poured billions of tax payers money into them to keep them open, and save the vote.
Falkands War.... matter of principal, no gain on the scale of Iraq, would Labour have engaged, or roled over and let it go.

And from the other angle
Gulf War II, would Tories have engaged without the proof. The proof Blair first claimed to have, then claimed he was told of, then denied was solid, them blamed other agencies for THEIR mistakes...
Age of concentual homosexual intercourse... TB used a power not used for something like 80 years to lower the age... Against everyone elses VOTE ! I thought that was the point of a vote.

OK and the best one that we will pay for for years..... Budget for the Olympics..... His cronies FORGOT to add VAT (the full fat milk of this country) to the budget for their Olympics bid! Its doubled in price, and still climbing... Just over the road from the other money pit too... Millenium Dome.

At the end of the day, regardless of the banner they operate under, politicians (some of them) have to make some tough decisions. Some in the long term change the way we life. Some for the better, some we feel for the worst.

Council Taxing. Spawned from Poll Tax, and in the long term for the boroughs that dont abuse it, works well and provides much needed local funding.

Congestion Charging, lies and underhanded behaviour proves its just a stealth tax, and with the increase to £25 next year (if ok'ed) for cars in the same band as the Impreza, just demonstrates its nothing but robbery. Congestion dropped by a total of 6% ! Wow!

Increase in speed camera's, FPN's of all descriptions, target based policing....

I dont "blame" I just comment on my observations as an adult in this country for the past 16 years.
Old 19 August 2007, 01:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Do you ever wonder why we have this problem of bad parenting these day?

Has it not occurred to you, as has also been stated by enough experts as well now, that the break up of the family unit is the real reason why young children are going off the rails. The modern death of the marriage contract has encouraged so many single parents now who are unable to cope with their children for a multitude of reasons and whose children do not have the benefits of the balanced guidance of a responsible pair of parents. Do you not see gangs of young children around the streets looking for trouble when they should have been in bed hours before. Don't you notice the children who are out of their brains on skunk or worse drugs or on the alcohol that they can obtain 24/7 now? Are they not armed at least with blades if not guns and are they not prepared to use them to kill at the drop of a hat? The police, such as they are, now admit that they have lost control on the streets!

I cannot believe that you can't see that this has really taken off during the last ten years or so and that the problems are directly caused by the policies of the authorities during that time and the weak knee'd reaction to it all by the PC ridden minders of law and order.

If you can defend all that successfully when it comes to the politics that you mentioned, then I will take my hat off to you.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 19 August 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 19 August 2007, 01:24 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Just a thought... focusing on the WE salute you....

As an avid supporter of Labour, how many voted do you get.
That might explain how they got in with such a miserable lead.

Oh and smart move splitting up areas which are devoted Labour seats, giving them 2 seats for the price of one...
Smart way to win an election when the house is awarded to those with the most wards, as opposed to the one with the most votes lol
Old 19 August 2007, 01:27 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Do you ever wonder why we have this problem of bad parenting these day?

Has it not occurred to you, as has also been stated by enough experts as well now, that the break up of the family unit is the real reason why young children are going off the rails. The modern death of the marriage contract has encouraged so many single parents now who are unable to cope with their children for a multitude of reasons and whose children do not have the benefits of the balanced guidance of a responsible pair of parents. Do you not see gangs of young children around the streets looking for trouble when they should have been in bed hours before. Don't you notice the children who are out of their brains on skunk or worse drugs or on the alcohol that they can obtain 24/7 now? Are they not armed at least with blades if not guns and are they not prepared to use them to kill at the drop of a hat? The police, such as they are, now admit that they have lost control on the streets!

I cannot believe that you can't see that this has really taken off during the last ten years or so and that the problems are directly caused by the policies of the authorities during that time and the weak knee'd reaction to it all by the PC ridden minders of law and order.

If you can defend all that successfully when it comes to the politics that you mentioned, then I will take my hat off to you.

Les
Spot on les, i doubt if you will get a reply or argument.

The tories may have got it wrong but it is not reason for NL to continue down the same path or not reverse the problems, 10 years is a long time tio have in power.

Part of the problem is that the current crop of MPs, not all but some are just there for themsleves and to serve themslelves, not the public who vote in the PM/party. One of NLs biggest faiings is there lack of accountability of thier MP's. Fail in one post, move to another, fail there move on, it just continues the problem insted of dealing with it.

NL's answer to most problems has be to release a cracking soundbite or two then move on.

I am not sure what to make of Brown as PM although he is growing on me. time will tell for him and his cabinate.
Old 19 August 2007, 02:41 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Pete, can you answer something for me......

In the latter years of the tories, everyone used to slam them e.g. people like Mellor etc and accused them of sleaze......

Can you tell me which party has more "sleaze" episodes.... Conservative or Labour?????

Labour still rattle on now about how they are still dealing with problems they inherited from the Conservative's....
Old 19 August 2007, 03:51 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

I hate to point out the obvious here guys...but who voted Labour in then (not once, but 3 times I hasten to add!)? Point is, it was a democratic procedure which has now won Labour 3 terms on the trot. Yes they are crap but surely if they'd been any credible opposition they'd not have won 3 terms? As I said in my earlier post, I think labour and tories are as bad as one another and I am against inherent party politics whereby you always vote same party because of some stupid outdated class snobbery. But at the end of the day, on 3 occasions, labours mandate was chosen to be more appealing to the general public than the Tories. In my opinion, the Tories need some one with bollocks to wipe labour out and whilst it will annoy they tory 'left' it will win votes back from even many of the current NL supporters....I can't see tories winning with their current public schoolboy at the helm...(but bring back Hague and they probably could!)
Old 19 August 2007, 04:36 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I am very happy to say that I have not, and will never vote Labour.
Old 19 August 2007, 05:07 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I am extremely proud to be able to say that I, along with most others, HAVE!!

Quick Reply: I Blame Labour - AGAIN!!